• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Drewfonse

Yep, everything stays the same, regardless of the difficulty of your new game. the only difference is that if you choose an harder difficulty level, of course you won't be able to pick a level, you'll have to play start to end.

Confirmed. Playing the living shit out of this game incoming....

I wonder if the upgrades are abundant enough to keep you upgrading into your second play through?

haikira

i personally consider ninja theory to be one of the worst AAA developers of all time. they are extremely generic imo

i have a feeling this might get 8/10s though

I'd say, being objective. This game does seem to have a lot more complexity and depth to the gameplay, than their previous attempts. Being subjective, it also just seems a hell of a lot more fun. The performance also seems better, than enslaved. So hey, at least they're getting better, right?

I'll be very interested, to see how the PC port is handled by QLOC.

Moze

Banned
I'd say, being objective. This game does seem to have a lot more complexity and depth to the gameplay, than their previous attempts. Being subjective, it also just seems a hell of a lot more fun. The performance also seems better, than enslaved. So hey, at least they're getting better, right?

I'll be very interested, to see how the PC port is handled by QLOC.

Yeah i guess, didnt this have alot of input from capcom though?

I really didnt mind the demo btw

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
As I stated in my video review. I feel this has more in common with the likes of like a mix between DmC and God of War. It's def not a game that is going for the massive insane combat/combos of previous games. Granted the combo system is robust, but not the likes of the other games especially part 4. Though it seems to be making itself a more action adventure like God of War with its platforming and boss battles. The bosses are HUGE creatures that fill up the screen and have patterns as such, really drove that home for me. I think some DMC fans are going to be extremely upset at that. While at the same time this game will possible bring the DmC brand to players who never wanted to touch it before. I don't want to say its more casual friendly, but it almost does feel like a hollywood-ized version of the previous games if that makes sense.

Also my god I popped in Devil May Cry 2 again just to see how that aged and my memory of it was. Wow it's worse then I recalled. If anyone needs to absolutely put hate on any DMC game, my goodness it was that one.
I played DMC2 for the first time with the HD collection. I can't believe anyone ever said it was a "good action game, just not a good DMC game." No, it's horrible. Big, open, boring areas, floaty controls, slower paced.

Get in the dumpsta.

It's almost like this and many other forums were very hostile totwards that one developer.

/edit/ Case in point right below me.

then why post here at all? They don't care about the community, they just wanna sell their game. Fuckouttahere.

Edit: I am not under the illusion that other PR reps go to sleep thinking about how to please us, but at least their motives aren't as damn transparent. Better he goes back to go back to his own forums where he can ban anyone with a dissenting opinion.

I played DMC2 for the first time with the HD collection. I can't believe anyone ever said it was a "good action game, just not a good DMC game." No, it's horrible. Big, open, boring areas, floaty controls, slower paced.

Get in the dumpsta.

I know I've heard some people locally say it wasn't bad. I laughed out loud when a guy that works at gamestop said it was his favorite one. I was like WTF really? Mind was blown!

FYC

Banned
I know I've heard some people locally say it wasn't bad. I laughed out loud when a guy that works at gamestop said it was his favorite one. I was like WTF really? Mind was blown!

Did you make him hand in his DMC fan card?

Jokes aside, I'm glad to hear this is turning out pretty good, for the most part. I'm pretty eager to play this the more I read about it.

Im going to give credit wheree it is due

Aquila might be the best DMC weapon since agni and rudra and top 25 in action games full stop.

also dreamrunner might be the first Ninja gaiden enemy in a DMC game.

Curufinwe

Get in the dumpsta.

There were only two games in DMC HD as far as I was concerned. Very considerate of Capcom not to make DMC2 automatically be added to your Trophy list.

Foffy

Banned
I find it amazing that a developer who totally ignored this and many other forums during a games development all of a sudden remembered they have a GAF account.

I love when people like JP , Trag and Rubyeclispe when they post here but i find it distasteful with others.

Wait, a Ninja Theory guy posted here? Where?

I preordered tthe PS3 version. Did I dun goofed? Just found out its unreal engine.

The PS3 version has more instances of screen tearing. But during gameplay, the framerate is stable at 30 fps - there have been tech analysis of the demo confirming this. There are some framerate dips during the cutscenes for the PS3 version though.

However, slasher posted up a review on youtube, and it seems he was doing the PS3 version and didn't mention any problems that would raise flags.

I would have gotten this on 360 or PC, but the PS3 version is by no means 'crippled' like Bayonetta was for PS3.

blackflag

The PS3 version has more instances of screen tearing. But during gameplay, the framerate is stable at 30 fps - there have been tech analysis of the demo confirming this. There are some framerate dips during the cutscenes for the PS3 version though.

However, slasher posted up a review on youtube, and it seems he was doing the PS3 version and didn't mention any problems that would raise flags.

I would have gotten this on 360 or PC, but the PS3 version is by no means 'crippled' like Bayonetta was for PS3.

Cool thanks. I don't think it's too late for me to switch actually

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why? does his version have even more cutscenes?

Yes, of him/Donte posing in front of a mirror for 5 hours.

jimi_dini said:
DMC2 was the reason why I never bought and will never buy the HD collection. Zombie helicopters + zombie tanks wtf

I couldn't believe it especially after the awesomeness that is DMC (1).

Wow. You know they don't force you to play it and you can safely skip over it in the collection, right?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If I thought Nephilim was a good difficulty in the demo should I stick with that in the full game or does it get a lot harder? I'm typically not great at stylish action games on the first playthrough.

jimi_dini

Wow. You know they don't force you to play it and you can safely skip over it in the collection, right?

I don't want to own another copy of it. I don't want to spend a single cent on it. It's that horrible.

Although it's nice that they at least don't add it to the trophy list unless you start it once. The thought of having this game on my trophy list, omg.

Afrocious

I'm unfashionably late to the party. I just downloaded the demo yesterday. Pretty fun from what little I played (only got to sit down with it for 20 minutes on the one available level).

Kinda upset that this is what comes after DMC4 though. Seeing the fat guy with the 5 on his shirt was like a hilarious taunt. I guess I can throw away my hopes of an even more improved combat/combo system. Loved the progression from 3 to 4. DmC feels like a downgrade, but again, I've only played the demo.

Can't say I enjoy the image of Donte about to get blown by angels in the main menu though.

If I thought Nephilim was a good difficulty in the demo should I stick with that in the full game or does it get a lot harder? I'm typically not great at stylish action games on the first playthrough.
I'm almost done with my first playthrough on Nephilim and so far I don't even know what the Game Over screen looks like. It's been fairly easy.

Nephilim is fine. Remember you have healing items and gold orbs. There is really no reason to get frustrated on Nephilim even if you get K'O'ed a few times.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm almost done with my first playthrough on Nephilim and so far I don't even know what the Game Over screen looks like. It's been fairly easy.

Sounds like the demo. I think the differences between Devil Hunter and Nephilim are so minimal, you might as well just start on Nephilim.

Yeah I only noticed the issues in cutscenes. Gameplay wise it has felt rather smooth. I'll be getting the xbox version come tuesday as well. See if I notice anything different from my experience.

ezekial45

Banned
QgVtI.gif

glad to be back. Thanks for the nice words.

Top Bottom