• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

i3IfafU.gif

18-Volt

If I am to replay those games, I'd rather play them on handheld instead of 1080p which means nothing to me. Vita versions, please.

Connex

Neo Member
Enjoyed the hell out of this game when I played it on PC a few years back. Glad console only gamers will have the opportunity to experience it the way it was meant to be played (60 FPS).

sublimit

Banned
I liked DMC 4 but i'm not interested in a definitive edition. And DmC can die in a fire.

If you want my money Capcom you better give me a Dragon's Dogma Definitive Edition.

ZeroX03

Banned
and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon

Hoooly shit.

Sounds like a fantastic port. DmC is a very solid game if you aren't constantly comparing it to past titles in the series. I'm in, assuming it's at least a little cheaper than $60. If not it'll drop in a month anyway.

YO WHAT THE HELL DMC4 TOO OKAY FULL PRICE IM DOWN

I liked that DmC was different than most of the stuff I usually play, and I never did a second run. I'd play this version for cheap.

Edit: Wait there's a remaster for DMC4 too? This is confusing... I'll probably get both at some point.

Sephzilla

i understand DmC has its share of haters (i'm not one of them, but I understand the complaints) but if some of this balancing takes out the stupid fire/ice enemies, what complaints would DMC fans have? Would they still be opposed to the combat?

Well for one the story is still going to be awful even by Devil May Cry standards and have none of the charm of the originals

Keasar

Eh, at least they added some actual improvements to the whole thing. Removed the Red/Blue crap with weapons (optional), target lock and more. Could be a bit better at least.

Still would have preferred a DMC4 Definitive Edition, though the only thing they could have improved on were the level design for the later half of the game and that probably would be too much work.

I would buy this after a price drop. Really love the boss fights

Really? I thought the boss fights were terrible. What was good about them?

Foffy

Banned
Will DmC's changes be added to PC? I know not being limited to the color coded weapons was a PC mod, but turbo and manual locking seem like new, major additions

I'm not a huge Devil May Cry kinda guy so to me $40 seems a bit too high for one game from almost two years ago. That being said the difference look much more substantial than something like Tomb Raider DE. When I first read the title I assumed it would be a double pack which is a little better. Whatever I'll buy it in a psn sale a year or two later for $10.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Someone please post the dolan "everything was remaster" image..

because that's how it fucking feels right now .. there's like 2 remaster announcements every week, at this rate every single noteworthy game of the last generation will be released as a remaster on the new one by 2016.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
The feel of 120fps!

Is DMC4 the oldest last-gen game to get a definitive edition? It's probably going to open the floodgates. Not a bad thing entirely though.

Fine whatever. I know that DmC is kinda crap but hey they want to make this a thing, make it a thing. I just find it really stupid that companies are actually advertising 1080p 60fps as an actual feature on the box art.

I bet you're the type of person that likes Dark Souls 2 over Dark Souls. Scum of the Earth.

That's silly- Dark Souls 2 is still a great game with Game of the Year potential without even bringing in Dark Souls.

DmC doesn't even have anything called great, unless you count accessibility.

Jesus fuck this has spoilt my day. Yes im salty dammit. The franchise I loved is dead and isn't coming back. Bayonetta is done, Ninja gaiden is MIA and now this?

Basically I have to look towards indies for good stylish action.

Fuck this day. Seriously, fuck it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
In it for DMC4 and that's it. Wonder it capcom are releasing these games together to see which one sells better

Everyone buy DMC4 please

Sesha

They did it! They improved on DmC! It even includes community mods! Fuck colored enemies!

DMC4 Special Edition!

IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

MUST STYLE MODE! GODS MUST DIE! Do they read GAF or something? lol

The feel of 120fps!

Is DMC4 the oldest last-gen game to get a definitive edition? It's probably going to open the floodgates. Not a bad thing entirely though.

Yeah it feels like anything is up for grabs now, DMC4 was like the first high profile third party release of last gen. At least for me it was.

Anko

...Are my dreams of a DD sequel dead yet? It's not even a new DMC game.

Please tell me that this isn't what Hideaki Itsuno was teasing.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So let me get this straight. DmC gets new modes and shit while DMC4 gets:
wDqqSXR.gif

Its like Capcom wants DmC to sell more than DMC4

well, i have to say I am pleasantly surprised by some of the changes, though I doubt they are significant enough to fix the game's many issues.

mao2

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition?! Day 1.

Please port Resident Evil 5 and 6 to PS4 too, thank you Capcom.

Top Bottom