• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That's not the point, it's about having all general information and features of the game right at the beginning, instead of being some hatchet job for people who don't like it. That's what the OP of the OT is supposed to fucking do, offer information about the game.

You get me? It's petty.

Now I'm done.

It has the release date, systems it's available for, pre-order bonuses, brief character bios, etc.

They don't want a faq as the OP.

Risette

A Good Citizen
That's not the point, it's about having all general information and features of the game right at the beginning, instead of being some hatchet job for people who don't like it. That's what the OP of the OT is supposed to fucking do, offer information about the game.

You get me? It's petty.

Now I'm done.
I don't know, the OP isn't exactly the pinnacle of humour but it seems like a good natured ribbing. It's not like, "omg DONTE DESIGN IS ACTUALLY TAMEEM OMG NT SUX!!!!" stuff.

SimonA

Neo Member

You get me? It's petty.

Now I'm done.
13536146585582lkbv.gif
This gif gives all the information you need: ITS BROKEN, DO NOT BUY!

sleepykyo

You get me? It's petty.

Now I'm done.

Rez made a positive Bayonetta thread that was minimalist. Evillore an amazingly brutal OT for Dragon Age. There is no rule that OTs have to a multi-post press release.

Monocle

That's not the point, it's about having all general information and features of the game right at the beginning, instead of being some hatchet job for people who don't like it. That's what the OP of the OT is supposed to fucking do.

You get me? It's petty.

Now I'm done.
That's a totally different issue than what you were talking about earlier when you said the OT isn't inviting for people who want to discuss the game. My point was that the content of the first post doesn't matter. If people want to talk about the game, they won't be scared off by a bit of humor.

If you think this thread is bad, go look at Bayonetta's. The first post was a picture and a few throwaway sentences. I hated it, but everyone survived.

ezekial45 is just trying to derail the thread with his constant bitching so it can get locked. there are more posts from him complaining about the thread than posts hating the game

antitrop

What exactly is telling you that the entire game is broken from that 5 second gif...please enlighten us...
Nothing, he's just bandwagoning.

Unless, of course, getting an SSS rank is as easy in the final product to achieve as it is in the GIF. But I doubt it.

Sora_N

Good overall, but I think NT's writers have a problem closing out stories.
Wasn't a big fan of HS or Enslaved endings, but overall I liked both stories. What stands out the most are the performances by the actors, though. Excellent in both games.

I haven't played HS yet, but I liked the ending for enslaved tbh. Overally I enjoyed the story too. I do wish there was more closure but I appreciate how they left it open for that.

Mr. RHC

I enjoyed Enslaved a lot, I'm looking forward to playing Ninja Theory's entry to the series.

And I haven't played DMC before.

What's in the actual game itself that's as interesting to talk about as the planetary disk of outrage and opinions that circle it?

Honest question

AlexBasch

I think I'll repeat the same situation with this game.

Never liked (not hated, just couldn't get into them) old Splinter Cells and I enjoyed Conviction. Fans hated it.
I was meh on Halo but enjoyed the fuck out of Reach and most fans hated it.
I only liked DMC3 a bit but the demo was incredibly fun. And well, here's the reaction from the fanbase.

Will rent it or get it cheap, whatever.

Nothing, since it isn't out yet and none of us have played it.

I mean in terms of trailers and what's been revealed about the lore or the mechanics. I can't really see this from the viewpoint of a DMC virgin because I'm aware of what transpired to produce this game, but I'm really curious what thoughts they have about the game as opposed to the outrage around it.

I know how it's done but the meter has never gone from empty to SSS for me. Not sure if there's something else to it or what.
Isn't it an issue of hitting multiple enemies with the smash?

Zen

Banned
Will buy for $15. The feel of $60, without the regret.

Yes, no doubt we'll soon be seeing dozens of new videos that surpass this one.

That doesn't mean anything though. I mean it certainly doesn't mean that DmC would be an inferior game except in the 'can it make really nice looking youtube videos'. Even with 4 being able to have that kind of experience for the 1%, people generally came away from it saying that the series needed a new take and expansion of elements that weren't just combat.

Now that does't mean it needed a complete reboot, but that's not something terrible either. The fact that DmC is at least trying to create a more fulfilling and well rounded experience for everyone is very important for the franchise, and I guess we'll see what kind of combo videos people can make out of DmC when it enters it's... 4th year of high level play.

The video is cool to look at though, but 99% of the player base would probably take a more well rounded Devil May Cry in exchange for less impressive youtube videos.

V_Arnold

Op, you should not have reserved the OT if you are not interested in making an effort. But anyway.

Back to playing the game. While the embargo stands, a few points I would like to make:

1) The game starts out way differently as the haters would imagine or love to be. Serious tone and atmosphere, great conversations, amazing (and dare to say, quite morbid, in a Silent Hill-like way) vibe.

2) The first missions without your demo moveset is PAINFUL - but it is over and then the fun can return :p Here those will be happy that did not spend too much time with the demo :D

3) There is a Skin panel, and it says that you can unlock the stuff that you can otherwise pay for as well.

4) I cant yet read the desciption to move upgrades while it is unavailable, so I will not yet comment whether speed upgrades are an option. There are tons* of hidden unlockables that are simply Dante abilities, and are not tied to any weapon. The only one available for the start is Enemy Step. *Edit: bah, not tons. Most of the ability upgrades are for demon/angel pulls.

Risette

A Good Citizen
The fact that DmC is at least trying to create a more fulfilling and well rounded experience for everyone is very important for the franchise[...] a more fleshed out Devil May Cry
but the first game did that over a decade ago

Preferably buy DmC used (or rent) so Capcom gets no money from this disaster.

This game really must have killed your dog or something lol.

I never understood why people want thinks to fail.

If this fails, it's far more likely Capcom will Megaman the whole series.

Of course, if it succeeds then this will be the series...

lose/lose for some then eh?

I will say the whole feel around this game is interesting. I'm glad it's not a completely bad game (or rather doesn't seem lke one). It will be interesting how the game is perceived now.

Beth Cyra

Op, you should not have reserved the OT if you are not interested in making an effort. But anyway.

Back to playing the game. While the embargo stands, a few points I would like to make:

1) The game starts out way differently as the haters would imagine or love to be. Serious tone and atmosphere, great conversations, amazing (and dare to say, quite morbid, in a Silent Hill-like way) vibe.

2) The first missions without your demo moveset is PAINFUL - but it is over and then the fun can return :p Here those will be happy that did not spend too much time with the demo :D

3) There is a Skin panel, and it says that you can unlock the stuff that you can otherwise pay for as well.

4) I cant yet read the desciption to move upgrades while it is unavailable, so I will not yet comment whether speed upgrades are an option. There are tons of hidden unlockables that are simply Dante abilities, and are not tied to any weapon. The only one available for the start is Enemy Step.
I would easily be classified as a hater given I refuse to support the game (though I don't wish for it to fail) and your opening that is some how suppose to shame/make us look like fools is exactly the reason I would indeed hate this shit.

I liked Dante and by extension DMC because it never went to far into the darker territory and starting out silent hillish sounds fucking awful.

At this point why don't you and others just enjoy DmC for what it is instead of the this constant need to justify it and prove the haters wrong?

Zen

Banned
but the first game did that over a decade ago

Exactly: Devil May Cry 1 is fucking old at this point and outdated in many respects. DmC has an opportunity to try and form a cohesive whole out of the best aspects of the franchise from over a decade of games.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Exactly: Devil May Cry 1 is fucking old at this point and outdated in many respects. DmC has an opportunity to try and form a cohesive whole out of the best aspects of the franchise from over a decade of games.
such as

The FMV-driven menus are pretty awful but the game portion is pretty swelltacular!

V_Arnold

I would easily be classified as a hater given I refuse to support the game (though I don't wish for it to fail) and your opening that is some how suppose to shame/make us look like fools is exactly the reason I would indeed hate this shit.

I liked Dante and by extension DMC because it never went to far into the darker territory and starting out silent hillish sounds fucking awful.

At this point why don't you and others just enjoy DmC for what it is instead of the this constant need to justify it and prove the haters wrong?

Uhm, what?

It is very simple, really. When someone reads about DmC anywhere (or really, just glances at the OP), it feels like Dante is just all about dat "fuck you" and also, demon sex, etc etc. Instead, the first few missions start out radically different to what these posts/gifs suggest. That was my point, like it or not :)

Beth Cyra

Uhm, what?

It is very simple, really. When someone reads about DmC anywhere (or really, just glances at the OP), it feels like Dante is just all about dat "fuck you" and also, demon sex, etc etc. Instead, the first few missions start out radically different to what these posts/gifs suggest. That was my point, like it or not :)
That's fine but drop the whole hater thing.

DmC is here to stay and trying to justify it is pointless and only fuels the fire. Start talking directly to those interested instead of calling out the haters.

Kouichi

Of course, if it succeeds then this will be the series...

I don't think this will happen. I'm expecting a sequel if this succeeds, but they'll probably stop after that and Capcom themselves will make the real DMC5. I'm totally hyped for this game and wouldn't mind a sequel if the story is good, but I would hate to see the real DMC disappear. Still waiting for Vergil to comeback from his apparent death.

Top Bottom