• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4: PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Comparison Vid

Monmin said:
I agree that your scenario is possible however as far as I know we don't really have any evidence that this is the case.

I'm starting to think the only source of this 'loading' issue is the 1up yours podcast which was nothing more than speculation anyway.

Capcom had a demo session for Japanese press earlier this week where the game's producer confirmed that the PS3 version will have quicker load times due to the ability to install to the hard disk. However, the producer also said that the load times aren't bad in the 360 version.

Aside from that, the producer said the only difference between the two games should be subtle differences associated with the peculiarities of how the systems output visuals. You might notice some slight color variations. There are no differences in models and textures, though.

Here's the link:

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20071218/dmc4.htm

sinnergy

AndriaSang said:
Capcom had a demo session for Japanese press earlier this week where the game's producer confirmed that the PS3 version will have quicker load times due to the ability to install to the hard disk. However, the producer also said that the load times aren't bad in the 360 version.

Aside from that, the producer said the only difference between the two games should be subtle differences associated with the peculiarities of how the systems output visuals. You might notice some slight color variations. There are no differences in models and textures, though.

Here's the link:

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20071218/dmc4.htm

You think this will stop GAF nitpicking between the two versions :lol

You are right of course

Dahbomb said:
I report mostly facts or common knowledge when related to DMC.

OldJadedGamer said:
Weren't you the guy that said that DMC4 would *never* launch day and date on the 360?

;)

Dahbomb said:
I wasn't one of those guys, I fully recognized the possibility of DMC4 coming to the 360. I wasn't sure about the release date at all but I didn't comment on it and just stated what was fact at that time, which was that DMC3 was PS3 exclusive.

OldJadedGamer said:
O RLY?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4589723&postcount=116

"I will bet 1 MONTH BAN that DMC4 will NOT come same day on the 360 as PS3 version. As well as my left nut."

Oh man. :lol :lol :lol

This thread is stupid as hell but that made it worth it. First class. :lol

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Oh man. :lol :lol :lol

This thread is stupid as hell but that made it worth it. First class. :lol

:lol :lol :lol I wonder if he will live up to his bet. He probably won't and will find a loophole though. But thats some funny ass shit though. Great find. :D :D

RavenFox

Banned
Monmin said:
Well I've never played a game that loads instantaneously, so excuse me if I don't jump on this hype train quite so fast.
Then you shouldn't be questioning those that have.

NemesisPrime said:
Vibration and Achievements. 360 for me.

All in all, when the game comes out, big chance the 360 version will have the edge anyway... PS3 Lost Planet looked a bit iffy. I don't have uber confidence in the engine on PS3 atm.
Once again so you get it. It is completely new engine. The PS3 version does function a bit better.

kassatsu

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Winner.

/thread

Find something else to fight over, GAF. Sheesh.
That was said back on like page 4...

Blimblim said:
Looks horrible on both sides, and since the PS3 is very slightly darker it gets more macroblocks. Also the light is no the right of the picture, so the PS3 side gets a lot less light, adding to the visible macroblocks.
Also, it should be mentioned that he resized that image making some of the blocking look not as bad.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I didn't read the thread. But in the video I can't tell them apart. If you didn't tell me I would guess the video was from one machine.

Philthy

I want to say I can see a slight difference, but it's so slight I would say they're just identical. Looks good on either. Never liked the series, though, but oh well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
These kinds of things need to stop. Seems to draw way too many negative remarks and it diminishes a game. You, the consumer, are making this industry something it is not. I think threads like this should be banned. If we are not here to discuss a games merit, by gameplay/story/features/etc. standards then why talk about something which really does not define a multiplatform game? I really like discussions but these kinds are for the wrong reasons. The EA ROCKSTAR takeover thread holds more weight.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
Mojovonio said:
So whats the control scheme on the 360?

About what you'd expect. L1 and R1 are mapped to the bumpers though as previously reported. It's uncomfortable for like a minute, then you get used to it.

The 360 version, at least the demo I played, DID have a little bit of screen tearing in one or two areas, but it was really minor. I didn't see the PS3 version to compare.

LiquidMetal14

vilmer_ said:
Look the same to me. I'll be picking up the PS3 version over the 360 because, well, I just want to.
It all boils down to this. If you have diahrrea on the day of purchase, you get the Xbox version. Otherwise get PS3 version.

Mojovonio

Banned
discoalucard said:
About what you'd expect. L1 and R1 are mapped to the bumpers though as previously reported. It's uncomfortable for like a minute, then you get used to it.

The 360 version, at least the demo I played, DID have a little bit of screen tearing in one or two areas, but it was really minor. I didn't see the PS3 version to compare.

What was the mapping though?

X to attack?

Mojovonio said:
So whats the control scheme on the 360?

DMCcontrols.jpg

Hitler Stole My Potato said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

you never fail me...

anyways, this is a stupid comparison video....and the fact people are trying to argue which is better from this video....saddens me.

<edit>
OldJadedGamer said:
"I will bet 1 MONTH BAN that DMC4 will NOT come same day on the 360 as PS3 version. As well as my left nut."

also....what man in thier right mind bets thier testicle? i mean..money...items...bans...etc

but your OWN TESTICLE? over a videogame no less?
there must be a chemical imbalance going on in his brain.

LiquidMetal14

Philthy said:
Says you, everyone else posting in this thread seems to be enjoying it just fine.
Enjoyable but not right. Of course there is fun to be had but that does not make it ok. Forums were not like this 7-8 years ago. That is my sincere opinion. I would rather discuss the true merit of a game.

DeadGzuz

Banned
vilmer_ said:
Look the same to me. I'll be picking up the PS3 version over the 360 because, well, I just want to.

I'd get the PS3 version if I got it at all. Here is my list of reasons:

1. Button mashing is hard on the 360 controller, the buttons are too three dimensional and the bumpers are awkward.

2. I'm tired of the Xbots and their software sales crap, the more competition MS has the better for all consumers.

3. I like the Blu-ray cases better, they look slick.

Both version look identical so I'm sure everyone will be happy.. or they will bicker about minuscule differences.

DeadGzuz said:
2. I'm tired of the Xbots and their software sales crap, the more competition MS has the better for all consumers.

that sir, is the best reason. I think Im gonna use that reason if my RL friends ever ask me why I chose a [ A platform] game over [ B platform] game.....

because I am tired of the [Platform]Bots and thier software sales crap...

OverHeat

« generous god »
DeadGzuz said:

1. Button mashing is hard on the 360 controller, the buttons are too three dimensional and the bumpers are awkward.

Both version look identical so I'm sure everyone will be happy.. or they will bicker about minuscule differences.
Just to piss you off even more Im gonna get the 360 version

just kidding :lol

beerbelly

Banned
DeadGzuz said:

Sales were important to Sbots until Sony dropped out of first, you know. All of a sudden it doesn't matter.

Mojovonio

Banned
DeadGzuz said:

Wow, good for you!

wtf

DeadGzuz said:

Wow you're a strange sad little man.

Gattsu25

Banned
DeadGzuz said:

:lol :lol

Dahbomb

DeadGzuz said:

Console fanboy right here at its finest. Doesn't care about game but will support the version that is on the console of his/her own preference. Classic scenario.

spoon!

Dahbomb said:
Console fanboy right here at its finest. Doesn't care about game but will support the version that is on the console of his/her own preference. Classic scenario.
How's it hanging

Philthy

LiquidMetal14 said:
Enjoyable but not right. Of course there is fun to be had but that does not make it ok. Forums were not like this 7-8 years ago. That is my sincere opinion. I would rather discuss the true merit of a game.

Discussions like this have been going on since cross platform games have been made. CGA vs Apple II vs C64, VGA vs Amiga, on and on. This is nothing new, and its usually interesting when people aren't simply flaming each other. See: Amiga vs Atari ST games.

besada said:
So you have stupid reasons for a game you aren't getting and you're in this thread why?

he's fighting the good fight.

hey soldier, don't let guys like besada get you down...keep your head high.....we need out there on the frontlines taking these shots

USD

DeadGzuz said:

Well, at least the first reason is legit.

Top Bottom