• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC agrees to give Sanders greater influence over party platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bernie wasn't an outsider and instead another opportunistic and well-connected politician, would the vitriol for him GAF be this bad?

Seriously some of you guys are worse than Republicans.

I think the vitriol against him is a direct results of the dumb shit he, his staff, surrogates, and supporters have done during the campaign. It has nothing to do with the insider/outsider status of a man who has been in washington dc for 30 years.

BanGy.nz

Banned
So CNN was just speculating...

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT CNN WHY YOU DO THIS

Bernie might not be trying to force control over Hillary's cabinet. Stand down

Remember that time Bernie read a headline about him being unqualified and went HAM on Hillary? We just did that :( We are all Bernies now :(

Four out of five of Sander's nominations are ethnic minorities, that's eighty percent! Clinton could only manage three out of six, that's a pretty poor fifty percent.

In other news, small sample sizes are easily unrepresentative.

It requires a lot of effort to claim 50% minorities is "poor" especially when you're doing so to defend or push aside a 14% women stat.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It requires a lot of effort to claim 50% minorities is "poor" especially when you're doing so to defend or push aside a 14% women stat.

Woah, woah, it was just an observation. Calm down.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The Democratic Party believes in the same things as Bernie. They just aren't delusional/lying about how and when it will be done.

Not everything.

Sanders differs on Free Trade, GMOs, and Nuclear Energy.

seat

So reading through this thread, Clinton supporters have gone from accusing Sanders and his constitents as being racist, to now being angry at Sanders for not choosing a more subservient black man for this position.

Check your fly, kids: your bias is showing.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So reading through this thread, Clinton supporters have gone from accusing Sanders and his constitents as being racist, to now being angry at Sanders for not choosing a more subservient black man for this position.

Wait wat?

Yea man, actual black people voicing their opinions about Bernie trotting out killer Mike and cornel west this entire primary doesn't matter. But Bernie does so well among blacks so I guess it doesn't matter, right? Saying Bernie should think a little bit so that his outreach is actually embraced is calling him a racist. K breh
Another small issue is Israel.
I'm not too worried about that. Obama kissed those rings before the election in 2008, and we see how that relationship has degraded. Hillary was his SoS so I think she will keep us on course.

Kimawolf

The Democratic Party believes in the same things as Bernie. They just aren't delusional/lying about how and when it will be done.

So basically a real progressive platform will never come to be in America. All you hear from Hilary people is "well its just not realistic! But one day! one day we'll get there!" lol yeah, one day.

Keep feedin that bullshit to the people who seem to be perfectly fine with how things are. The only reason i'd vote for someone like Hildawg is the supreme court. that is literally my own deciding factor. Because just her being there will all but ensure we remain with a split government and thus nothing she even dreams of doing will get passed.

Another small issue is Israel.

Yeah that minor issue. but hey both groups are the same.

User1608

Banned

What. People are just saying it's unacceptable what he's said about Obama.

Slayven

What the hell are you talking about?

NeoXChaos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USc_LZeRYug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrXl_rpMpwc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvuwjakhuNo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4M4uBdrI_s

https://newrepublic.com/article/121550/cornel-wests-rise-fall-our-most-exciting-black-scholar-ghost

So basically a real progressive platform will never come to be in America. All you hear from Hilary people is "well its just not realistic! But one day! one day we'll get there!" lol yeah, one day.

Keep feedin that bullshit to the people who seem to be perfectly fine with how things are. The only reason i'd vote for someone like Hildawg is the supreme court. that is literally my own deciding factor. Because just her being there will all but ensure we remain with a split government and thus nothing she even dreams of doing will get passed.

Yea man, bullshit. We all know that sweeping reforms happen in America on a yearly basis. Conservative Supreme Court (before Scalia passed) and republican congress doesn't matter. President=king lets get er done.

However, I doubt Bernie will accept this gracefully. Ironically, the best placed person to talk to Bernie and empathize with him, is Hillary. She went through the exact same nightmare as he does now in 2008. But she eventually became an alley of Obama. I don't see that quality in Bernie at all. I want to be proven wrong though.
Yeah, you know how that happened? Obama used his Presidential power to forgive her campaign debts, and then promised her a job as either VP or Secretary of State. Before that happened, Hillary said she'd fight him to the bitter end. In other words, Obama bribed Hillary to step down and become an ally.

Yeah, you know how that happened? Obama used his Presidential power to forgive her campaign debts, and then promised her a job as either VP or Secretary of State. Before that happened, Hillary said she'd fight him to the bitter end. In other words, Obama bribed Hillary to step down and become an ally.
This isn't true. He didn't promise her vp or Secretary of State.

I don't think the president has campaign debt erasing powers

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-01-28/obamas-parting-gift-to-hillary-clinton

January 28, 2013 — 9:16 AM PST

Last week campaign disclosure reports revealed that Hillary Clinton had finally retired the debt from her 2008 presidential campaign—with a little help from the guy who beat her, Barack Obama. Clinton’s debt once totaled more than $20 million, although it had dwindled to about $250,000 by last year. That’s when a team of top Obama donors decided to surprise Clinton, and thank her for her loyal service, by raising enough money to pay off her bills. As secretary of state, she was forbidden from political fundraising.

Also that behind the scenes deal making between the two you're imagining is pure fantasy.

CDX

That seems to be complete fantasy and not supported by any news source I've ever read.

Hillary was obviously passed over for the VP slot, and Hillary was offered nothing until after the election in November 2008.

In November 2008, she still turned down Obama multiple times over the SoS offer.

This has all been reported in newspapers and even some books.

And she was still in debt many years into her SoS job.

the affordable care act is a pretty great example of incremental change leading to something that helps a lot of people. it's not perfect, but it's a foundation to build on, unlike immediately implementing single payer which is a pipe dream in the current situation

i respect people who can work within the means and make foundational change way more than wannabe anarchists who promises people immediate changes that will never happen. (that's not really a clinton v sanders statement, this is just a sentiment I hear a lot that is frustrating)

I'm specifically talking about the fanboys, GAF wanted him to fail.

I guess his politics just doesn't matter to some.

giphy.gif

Yeah, fuck this guy. And at this point, fuck his supporters. Just go away, please.

Perhaps (s)he's talking to you?

I suspect opinions like this is why people stereotype Sanders supporters as young and naive. Some of us have seen revolutions. Maybe even up close. They rarely turn out the way you wanted.

Not at all. She was even pissed at him for helping so little with her campaign debts (which came out of his political funds, not some presidential decree). She also never was promised VP or SoS and even refused SoS at first.

Cipherr

100% BS.

Ryuuroden

Oh you, such a dreamwriter....

2MF

It's really something else to see how divided the US is this year, even the in-party fights are impressive now (on both parties).

It's really something else to see how divided the US is this year, even the in-party fights are impressive now (on both parties).

Except if you look at polling numbers.

There really isn't that much of a divide, Bernie is pretty significantly behind.

2MF

Except if you look at polling numbers.

There really isn't that much of a divide, Bernie is pretty significantly behind.

I didn't mean quantitatively, just the general tone and aggressiveness of the multiple political fanclubs. At times Trump appeared to be destroying the Republican party. Things are not as dire on the democrats' side, but there's still an amazing amount of bitterness between Hillary and Bernie supporters.

I didn't mean quantitatively, just the general tone and aggressiveness of the multiple political fanclubs. At times Trump appeared to be destroying the Republican party. Things are not as dire on the democrats' side, but there's still an amazing amount of bitterness between Hillary and Bernie supporters.

Man if you think this is bad, this is nothing compared to 08'.

TarNaru33

Banned
A stupid post deserves a stupid response.

The post he responded to had a good point. Many Hillary supports on GAF use that exact argument against Bernie, basically saying "it isn't realistic" while at the same time many recognize that isn't how people get Democrats/liberals to even vote.

The democrats simply aren't liberal enough in many Bernie supporter's eyes.

Whether you disagree with this or not, does not make it stupid. When you post something in a sarcastic manor just because you don't like a point, then that is stupid.

Yea, stupid to acknowledge the political system in the US and work within that system.

Well you can and so can the Democrats do more to push a more forward policy for the country. At least actually say so. When everyone is saying status quo, that shows just how bad the political system has stagnated.

Toxi

Banned
The post he responded to had a good point. Many Hillary supports on GAF use that exact argument against Bernie, basically saying "it isn't realistic" while at the same time many recognize that isn't how people get Democrats/liberals to even vote.

The democrats simply aren't liberal enough in many Bernie supporter's eyes.

Whether you disagree with this or not, does not make it stupid. When you post something in a sarcastic manor just because you don't like a point, then that is stupid.

Well you can and so can the Democrats do more to push a more forward policy for the country. At least actually say so. When everyone is saying status quo, that shows just how bad the political system has stagnated.
They can't do shit if they don't actually win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom