• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do people get a notification if you download pictures off their facebook album?

crowd sourced fapping patterns.

MtZ9N.gif

Well. This is not creepy at all

Indeed.

Dazza

Most girls I know have a extension installed on Facebook that alerts them of people doing this. They don't talk about it most of the time because they don't want to seem vain or insecure, but it's there.

Yeah I remember this app or extension that did this a long time ago. Use to tell you who had viewed your gallery, what pictures/videos, your news feed etc. So it's still around?

Yeah I remember this app or extension that did this a long time ago. Use to tell you who had viewed your gallery, what pictures/videos, your news feed etc. So it's still around?

Some of the privacy changes limited it's usefulness a bit. It only tells you the specific person that viewed your page and downloaded some of your images, but not specifically which ones. Most people still find it useful though.

televator

Download her picture and use it as you phone background. Then wait for that awkward moment she sees your phone ring in front of her.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Some of the privacy changes limited it's usefulness a bit. It only tells you the specific person that viewed your page and downloaded some of your images, but not specifically which ones. Most people still find it useful though.
It sounds quite vain and insecure

Media

jWTMZ.gif

Cause this sounds pretty freaking creepy from a woman's perspective, especially since you feel like you did something wrong.

G8eU7.gif

ZOONAMI

Why would you even need to download pics off Fb OP? If you can already look at them what's the difference? You can even print them without downloading them. Like what satisfaction does it give you to have other people's pics downloaded vs just looking at them?

DeathyBoy

Banned
Why would you even need to download pics off Fb OP? If you can already look at them what's the difference? You can even print them without downloading them. Like what satisfaction does it give you to have other people's pics downloaded vs just looking at them?

OP wants to jerk off. Let's not beat around the bush here.

That's OP's job.

SRG01

Err, thought most of these were malware though and that the information is not even exposed through any API.

There *was* that one identifier years ago, but that hole was plugged in a matter of days.

Edit: https://www.dailydot.com/debug/who-visited-my-facebook-profile/

Two Words

Tangentially related, but, it's cute that people feel so secure in their ability to send stuff on Snapchat feeling that they "know" whether or not someone took a screenshot of it, when the ability to duplicate a cellphone screen on a PC and do a PrintScreen of the cellphone screen is a thing.

Just saying.
Or just take a photo of it with another camera device.

Enzom21

Tangentially related, but, it's cute that people feel so secure in their ability to send stuff on Snapchat feeling that they "know" whether or not someone took a screenshot of it, when the ability to duplicate a cellphone screen on a PC and do a PrintScreen of the cellphone screen is a thing.

Just saying.

Or they can just install something like Phantom.

OP is now in the databases of the FBI and the CIA. Congrats OP! That's not something that any ordinary human being is capable of doing 👏

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Fucking millennials have instant access to view anyone at any time and its still not enough becuase they have to "save it"

Back in the day if you wanted to save a photo of someone you had to climb a tree with a camera like George Mcfly

NimbusD

It largely depends on your settings.

You can either get a weekly summary, which lists your pictures along with a no. of downloads and the names of said downloaders.
Or you can get instant notifications on picture downloads.

I found those instant notifications rather annoying, but the weekly summary is a bit late. I wish Facebook'd implement some more options like daily notifications or such.
Though I think I remember reading somewhere that they're updating their SDK so IFTTT can catch up on that.

Would be the best option imho. So you could accumulate all the info in a handy Google Docs spreadsheet.
You're mean lol

Randam

wtf OP?

and don't think making a collage with their photos and then giving it to them as a present, is a good idea.

GF got something like that once.
it was kinda sweet, but creepy too.

tim.mbp

Just saying.

Perv.

Top Bottom