• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do women see extremely muscular men the same way men see anorexic women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder which one most chicks would prefer, girl in purple looks to be in heat:

matthew-Fox-2006_1511927a.jpg

or

matthew-fox-alex-cross.jpg

agrajag

Banned
According to some men in this thread, all you need to do for FC Pitt is not eat.

There's another side of the coin though. Most posters in this thread characterized BB's as people who spend day in and day out in the gym, obsessing over nutrition and stuff like that. To get into the shape Brad Pitt and Ryan Reynolds were in those pics, they had to spend a considerable time at the gym and obsess over nutrition (well, probably not, since they had people that take care of that stuff for them). But it's ok because it's Brad Pitt.

Zoe

There's another side of the coin though. Most posters in this thread characterized BB's as people who spend day in and day out in the gym, obsessing over nutrition and stuff like that. To get into the shape Brad Pitt and Ryan Reynolds were in those pics, they had to spend a considerable time at the gym and obsess over nutrition (well, probably not, since they had people that take care of that stuff for them). But it's ok because it's Brad Pitt.

I'm just surprised that he's claiming Brad Pitt as a bodybuilder when earlier in the thread others were denouncing his shape.

According to some men in this thread, all you need to do for FC Pitt is not eat.

Wasn't he like 150-160 lbs? He had low bodyfat. What is being argued here?

EDIT: Ah, I see your reply. LOL at Brad Pitt being a "normalized" BB in Fight Club. Troy, maybe...not Fight Club.

9Dqh3.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Last time I'll post, but I think this needs reposting. It's the first post I made in this thread, minus the female pictures. This is still the same point I've been going back to and what I still believe.

This thread is hilarious.

Most women probably prefer a "fit" guy over a not fit guy and all the varying stages that come with it. Those body builder pics you post where they are covered in bronzer are not how those guys look all the time, that's simply for show. THAT type of look is not sustainable and most of them are at varying levels of dehydration at that point.

As the lady above me said, it's more about confidence and not being a douche. If you're fit, you're going to be more confident and more ladies will be attracted to you.

As for "what type of fit" they prefer, that's entirely subjective and runs the gamut.

Personally I like muscular woman, but I know many who don't.

Oh, and to Anti, you should be careful stating your opinion as that of "all average women" your anecdotal evidence cannot be extrapolated across that entire population. Also, I believe I was talking about Renolds and Brad Pitt before you ever entered this thread, but I could be mistaken(I may not have brought him/them up, but I did converse about them.)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38776697&postcount=429

With that, I'm out.

Trey

No, not to me. To the average woman. All girlgaffers have said that. Most guys have said their female friends think the same.

If that's not a good sample to talk about what women on average think (which is what the thread title is asking), then why bother making threads asking women their opinion?

When people bring up bodybuilders here they talk about the extreme examples. Because that's what the thread is asking about.

Small subset (all girlGaffers in this thead and some anecdotal friends) and you don't speak for the average female. But let's play this game as pertaining to the domain that has been reliably set: people on NeoGAF's opinion.

Would you agree that extreme bodybuilders are relatively healthy? We know women that can be classified as anorexic are not.

Women are naturally inclined toward powerful/strong men based on natural imperatives. Bodybuilding is conducive to that end.

Men are attracted to healthy sized women for the same reason, which anorexic women do not satisfy.

These are extremes of course (I mean, if you must point to Coleman as the example of extremely muscular then you would probably need to counter with an extreme case of anorexia, which is truly frightening shit) and any answers are not really useful outside of a thought experiment, and some social commentary.

Unlike your "average women" spokeperson, kwhit does not speak for the glut of the population of his gender.

Most of the women I know are horrified/disgusted by big muscle men, just as most men I know are turned off by big googly muscle-women. There are obviously those who prefer them, but most of the women I've talked with prefer men with a lean, proportional build.

I think a better comparison would be women who got ridiculous boob jobs and looked like baked sweet potatoes in their complexion.

Both are body image ideals taken to extremes.

Also, what's the deal with the "well, you don't speak for all women" thing I keep seeing crop up. Women were asked for their opinion, and they have contributed. It seems that most of them, if not all, dislike the extremely muscled physique.

Wasn't he like 150-160 lbs? He had low bodyfat. What is being argued here?

9Dqh3.jpg
Brad Pitt in Troy is probably his best look.

Oh, and to Anti, you should be careful stating your opinion as that of "all average women" your anecdotal evidence cannot be extrapolated across that entire population. Also, I believe I was talking about Renolds and Brad Pitt before you ever entered this thread, but I could be mistaken.

I've been here since the first page. Thanks for reading.

I'm not saying my opinion is the average because it's my opinion. I'm saying that my opinion is the average because it happens to be shared with just about every women who have replied to this thread.

Imm0rt4l

I'd sooner call Christian Bale a bodybuilder before Brad Pitt. His weight fluctuates like a motherfuker. In the end they're both actors. Pitt did beef up a bit for Troy, I'd imagine his regiment for fight club was more about what he was eating than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom