• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor, Doctor MAFIA | It's not Lupus

cabot

DocCon 2016 is an irradiated wasteland.

Within it lies doctors. Outside the castle walls, a desert. The cursed earth. Inside the castle, a cursed DocCon. Stretching from the Great Hall to The Throne Room, an unbroken stone landscape.

350 people living in the ruins of the old world, and the mega structures of the new one.

Mega blocks, mega highways, mega Castle One.

The mega stack will destroy us all.

Hobohodo has died. He was the Town Nurse.

cabot

DAY 2 BEGINS

"Good Morning! Welcome to Day 2 of DocCon 2016. I hope most of you slept well heheh let me just take a roll call here"

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

"WHAT?! Oh, of course."

"THIS IS FUCKIN' GAFIA"

Nobody has been killed.

DAY 2 ENDS:
pin_1470517200.png

Player List:

1. [m] Sorian
2. [m] *Splinter
3. [m] Burbeting
4. [m] Ty4on
5. [m] squidyj
7. [m] CrimsonFist
8. [m] nin1000
9. [m] flatearthpandas

6. [m] Hobohodo TOWN NURSE

The vote tool is here: LINK

Ty4on

Everybody claim targets!

I targeted Burbeting.

I won't be able to post consistently for some time. Perhaps slightly buzzed when I start posting.

*Splinter

Oh yeah reasons too

Picked Ty4on because
a) Tried to pick someone that noone else would
B) Mostly town reading him

Ty, why Burb?

Burbeting

Banned
but in other news is it more probable that we jailed the mafia killer or that we saved the kill target?

Quack and CPR were blocked somehow as well. I think it's reasonable to assume that Jailer hit at least one of the three, while the other two were saved by other docs.

*Splinter

but in other news is it more probable that we jailed the mafia killer or that we saved the kill target?
1 in 8 chance we jailed the right scum, assuming the Jailer was active last night
No idea what the chances of a save are, presumably higher.

Burbeting

Banned
Oh yeah reasons too

Picked Ty4on because

Ty, why Burb?

But if you are a doctor with killing power (Quack/CPR), those two points of reasoning would have resulted in Ty's death.

I picked nin because I don't know if I have a healing or killing power for now, so I didn't want to pick either top town or top scum.

nin1000

Banned
But if you are a doctor with killing power (Quack/CPR), those two points of reasoning would have resulted in Ty's death.

I picked nin because I don't know if I have a healing or killing power for now, so I didn't want to pick either top town or top scum.

Well, I survived. So that means that you don't have a I g ability. I for one did not target anyone. I know I said that I wanted to target Sorian but in the end I did not want to take the risk in killing him.

nin1000

Banned
With no one dying I assume that mafia was jailed aswell that I could be the vigilante ( I am only assuming now, so feel free to disagree of course).

Ty4on

Oh yeah reasons too

Picked Ty4on because

Ty, why Burb?
RNG. Seemed like an OK target when it rolled.

I didn't want to over-think it. I don't know what my power does and can't really predict its effect.

squidyj

can I clarify how a CPR doctor behaves with multiple saves? My understanding is that if the CPR's target is targeted for a night kill but there is another save on the target the CPR will not kill the target, is that correct?

I'd want to wait for everyone to give their actions before trying to come to conclusions.

So far:

Ty4on -> Burbeting
Burbeting -> Nin
*Splinter -> Ty4on
CrimsonFist -> Ty4on
Flatearthpandas -> Burbeting

*Splinter

can I clarify how a CPR doctor behaves with multiple saves? My understanding is that if the CPR's target is targeted for a night kill but there is another save on the target the CPR will not kill the target, is that correct?
CPR issues a "kill" if no other kills are on the target (so scum or vig I guess)
Otherwise it issues a "protect"

Ty4on

I ran so many simulations last night...

No kill nights (I think I only got one) aren't that easy to deduce from. With a kill night you can see who's targets made a difference and lynch accordingly.

What I ended up doing was look for people who's targeting made no difference. In this case we should see if we can identify possible blocks for the scum NK, vig and CPR (it everybody did their thing). The jailor often makes a difference, but it's best to look at direct involvement (protecting) first. Graph out "A + X target C etc", see what scenarios are possible and make out where confirmed people most likely are and where people who made no difference (naive or scum) are and lynch them.

I hope that's legible.

*Splinter

Ty's vote effectively saved both FEP and nin
I would have done the same thing (in fact I asked for it) but still it wouldn't have been awful if I had killed him by accident.

Burbeting

Banned
So we are missing Sorian and Squidyj's targets, assuming that "Doctor" post wasn't Squidyj confirming Splinter's guess about his target.

Why didn't you post for most of yesterday, Crimson?
Yesterday ended up being a really bad day for being able to commit to mafia. Bit of a downside to 24 hour day phases.

I'd want to wait for everyone to give their actions before trying to come to conclusions.

So far:

Ty4on -> Burbeting
Burbeting -> Nin
*Splinter -> Ty4on
CrimsonFist -> Ty4on
Nin -> Ty4on

Missed Nin's

Ty4on -> Burbeting
Burbeting -> Nin
*Splinter -> Ty4on
CrimsonFist -> Ty4on
Nin -> Nobody
Sorian -> ?
Squidyj -> ?

Burbeting

Banned
I'll put down my first vote after Sorian tells us his target (or at least posts). It seems like Squidyj wants to keep his target (or no targeting) as confidential information for now.

Sorian

Banned
Got caught up in final fantasy, sorry. I didn't target anyone last night. Spun the wheel and got that as my first result anyway but in the last few minutes, it went full everyone do as they please and I still think the smarter move was to not go all out the first night so it worked out. Plus I would have just added to the clusterfuck that was Ty4on targeting anyway.

VOTE: CrimsonFist

Already asked but where were you yesterday.

To Burb, what's up?

To Splinter, my read has changed drastically.

Top Bottom