• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump has biggest turnout of Superbowl Champions ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how they didn't even get Trump a jersey! What a clown fool

FAKE NEWS! SAD!

53ddfbe6e673440ba65ee14093828053.jpg

BigAT

I don't see that cheeto piece of shit anywhere, original comparison is still valid. Honestly it's gross that any of them showed up, blanking that racist scumbag would have sent a great message.

It's the Patriots. The ones that went all sent the message they believe in.

red731

I love how they didn't even get Trump a jersey! What a clown fool

The first pic with Obama and everyone was prepared for the picture taking.

The second one, orange turd is still talking and nothing was handed over for the picture because he was still talking.

Mahonay

Banned
Oh good grief... If something is incorrectly portrayed or lacking context, it should be corrected, regardless of how you feel about Trump.
Where was the rest of the team then? The number that the Pats claim were at the Whitehouse clearly wasn't in the picture. Did the rest or the team just opt to not have their picture taken? Too embarrassed to be pictured next to Trump?

That second photo posted in here where it's more filled in is filled with Whitehouse staffers.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Pretty sure the Warriors will if they win the championship.

Basketball has so few guys on a team, it's the one sport that'd it'd be easy for 5 or 6 guys to boycott and the whole team just says "nah, we good" to Trump.

I mean you get Steph, Klay and Dray saying no... who's going to go without them?

SDCowboy

Where was the rest of the team then? The number the Pats claim was at the Whitehouse clearly wasn't in the picture. Did the rest or the team just opt to not have their picture taken?

That second photo posted in here where it's more filled in is filled with Whitehouse staffers.

Is this a joke? It says right in the Patriots tweet where they were.

I'm not saying there were as many total people as before. But the showing obviously wasn't as barren as the photo may have lead some to believe.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I don't see that cheeto piece of shit anywhere, original comparison is still valid. Honestly it's gross that any of them showed up, blanking that racist scumbag would have sent a great message.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/04/19/these-photos-show-patriots-white-house-turnout-for-trump-obama/bSrXdd9bP2sgczgb1J10RL/story.html

Patriots spokesman Stacey James pointed out shortly after the stories were published that the two photos were not an equal comparison, noting that the 2015 photo included administrative staff, while the 2017 photo didn't.

And there was a valid reason for that, James said.

In 2015, the whole Patriots entourage met with the president in a room pictured above the lawn stairs, and then proceeded to file down the stairs for the photo to be taken, James said.

”Two years ago, the process was the players and coaches went down, and then the football staff filled in on the stairs," James said.

But this year, all the football and administrative staff were seated on the South Lawn: ”That's just what the White House chose to do," he said.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm not saying there were as many total people as before. But the showing obviously wasn't as barren as the photo may have lead some to believe.
So they were just playing grabsies with Spicey behind the camera then.

Still dumb to come out and say something about a stupid team photo. Trying to make Trump not look bad is something we get enough from The Whitehouse, let alone The Patriots. They can fuck off.

SDCowboy

Still dumb to come out and say something about a stupid team photo. Trying to make Trump not look bad is something we get enough from The Whitehouse, let alone The Patriots. They can fuck off.
Did you not read the tweet on where they were? And reason for correcting the issue (beyond the obvious reason of it being the right thing to do), is because it just adds fuel to the fake news fire.

Is this like saying fake news is good if it hurts the guy we don't like?

This whole thing is fuckin' dumb but if the context of the original photo comparison is inaccurate and that inaccuracy is corrected that is... fine? Right?

Yeah, why bother rushing to Dumps defence over a joke unless they were looking to broadcast their support for him. Message sent loud and clear.

Well Belichik wrote that letter that sounded like a 5 year old in support of Trump right before the election and the shit stain owner gave $1 million for his inauguration.

Not sure if its been mentioned, and i don't like Trump, but the Obama pic has more of the staff for the team in the pic and the Trump pic has mostly players coaches owner. Not saying a lot didn't skip but it isn't exactly apples to apples from what I read.

Mahonay

Banned
Is this like saying fake news is good if it hurts the guy we don't like?

This whole thing is fuckin' dumb but if the context of the original photo comparison is inaccurate and that inaccuracy is corrected that is... fine? Right?
Trump doesn't get the benefit of a doubt anymore after that insane inauguration crowd bullshit. There's a reason people are jumping on this.

He wants to lie about crowds to make himself look good? I'll pile on about a picture with misplaced context.

ViciousDS

Banned
But this year, all the football and administrative staff were seated on the South Lawn: ”That's just what the White House chose to do," he said.

so this would mean the first photo is correct........there were not many players that showed up?

It's so, so easy to get under Trump's skin. Meanwhile he's been slandering his predecessor left and right and the most we get out of him is a pic of him sailboarding. Contrasts.

And I'm sure that internet detectives will soon break down who was in each photo now that Trump has made a big deal of it. I have to give the man credit though, he's the master of distractions.

What I'm saying is he's fair game for this kind of stuff now. I mean he loves Alternative Facts, why not when it works against him? Weird.

I guess my hope is that our side is better than that. Like, Trump/his followers suck cuz they disseminate/consume fake news... Now we should disseminate/consume fake news? Doesn't that mean we suck too?

SDCowboy

I guess my hope is that our side is better than that. Like, Trump/his followers suck cuz they disseminate/consume fake news... Now we should disseminate/consume fake news? Doesn't that mean we suck too?

So much this. Correcting or getting all the info on things like this doesn't make someone a Trump supporter.

Mahonay

Banned
It's a team photo. It's not important. It's petty really.

I do not treat actual important issues like this.

StormKing

Submitting to the dominant culture (white society) is better for your personal well being. After all the house slave had a better life than the field slave. I understand their choice.

It's not the benefit of the doubt when the team twitter clarifies what we were looking at.
Robert Kraft is Trump's BFF now... for some reason. I can say with confidence that he not only directed the Pats social media team to run interference on this perceived slight but that he also forced a lot of the Pats minor players to be there at risk to their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom