• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

elyetis

Why does XBOCT keep initiating team fight with a Spirit Lance on nyx which always end up with him being stun because of Spiked Carapace ?

elyetis

he can't not try and kill everything he sees
Pretty sur it made them lose ( or at least made it worst than it should have been ) at the very least 2 team fights. It never stoped nyx from doing good Impale, but also made him miss like the 2 first secondes of those team fight, if he wanted some illu on supports, they would have been better placed on chen to try to burn his mana before hand of god / tp back on gyro.

BeesEight

I don't like winners bracket advantage for Moba games. It's fine for fighting games where things happen so fast, but for these long, drawn-out games, I want them fighting to the goddamn end.

I feel the same.

This works out far better in the spectator's favour since we get more games.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
XBOCT is just an insane difficulty bot in a human shell.

It's just in his programming to go all out and attempt to murder, against all odds, against all warning signs...when there is blood in the water, XBOCT will be diving and over-extended to get dat kill.

What a crazy game.

Really want Navi to take this game 5.

Ultrabum

Meh, the 1 game advantage or 2 best of series is ok, as long as the rules are defined up front.

I like tournaments with varied brackets, makes things more interesting.

aeolist

Banned
XBOCT is just an insane difficulty bot in a human shell.

It's just in his programming to go all out and attempt to murder, against all odds, against all warning signs...when there is blood in the water, XBOCT will be diving and over-extended to get dat kill.

What a crazy game.

Really want Navi to take this game 5.

i wanted them to win at first but now i'm not sure they deserve it

I maintain you need to have 2 complete sets. Don't make it a bo5, make it one bo3 and if the winners lose, you play another bo3, then at most you have 6 games which isn't too crazy compared to the longest bo5.

Probably the best currently available option. Still not my ideal though. I wish there was another way to deal with it. Winner's bracket team getting choice of side/pick is nice too (but I think they get that already anyway?) Not sure what other handicaps you could implement. Random starting gold for a game?

Maybe just use a different tournament structure where you don't have this problem.

----

Also WTF is up with this Vlads PL build? WHYYYYYYYY?? You're not AM. So poopy.

QCKjq0y.gif

time 4 dota

omg omg omg so creepy, but fitting. I'm on like a 5 game losing steak with my friend. I think I need to stop playing with him. He's always below level and blaming everyone for his super high deaths anyways.

RubxQub

Has there been an analysis on Radiant vs. Dire side and wins in tournaments?

luiztfc

omg omg omg so creepy, but fitting. I'm on like a 5 game losing steak with my friend. I think I need to stop playing with him. He's always below level and blaming everyone for his super high deaths anyways.

You are the weak link and keep blaming your friend.

images

Aaron

I've been playing the training missions vs humans to get them out of the way, and every single game it looks like our team is going to lose, and we always win. And it's not because of me since I've been fumbling with unfamiliar heroes. Last game we had someone abandon right at the start because they didn't get sniper, and we still won. Crazy game this Dota 2 is.

BeesEight

Yeah screw the people actually in the tournament

If they don't like it, they don't have to enter.

If players are that upset about the format, make it single elimination brackets then. But I don't hear players complaining, just spectators.

I've been playing the training missions vs humans to get them out of the way, and every single game it looks like our team is going to lose, and we always win. And it's not because of me since I've been fumbling with unfamiliar heroes. Last game we had someone abandon right at the start because they didn't get sniper, and we still won. Crazy game this Dota 2 is.

That's kind of hilarious about the Sniper. People thought something like that might happen since they teach you him so much in the tutorial.

RubxQub

RubxQub

Aaron

That's kind of hilarious about the Sniper. People thought something like that might happen since they teach you him so much in the tutorial.
Sniper and Drow are the heroes people rush to in limited. Game before that three different people wanted Drow, but no one quit because of it.

Haunted

Who said Dota 2 is a game of blame?

Whoever it was, he was right. "Blame" is the one recurrent theme among all the public matchmaking games. Blaming others, blaming your teammates, blaming the bad ping, blaming your internet, blaming the bad picks, blame blame blame.

Sniper and Drow are the heroes people rush to in limited. Game before that three different people wanted Drow, but no one quit because of it.

Sniper
Drow
Viper
Bounty Hunter

were first picked in 100% of limited hero games I've played.

RubxQub

Dude this caster is sucking LGD's dick so hard. It's so annoying when casters have favorites.

It seems fine to me...but what I hate is all the betting talk that happens pre/post/during matches. "I bet my rares on blah blah". Feels low class that commentators are openly talking about betting on these matches, even if it is for fake items.

Just introduces the sense of favoritism and influence in a group of people that should be neutral.

JustinBB7

Dude this caster is sucking LGD's dick so hard. It's so annoying when casters have favorites.

9 out of 10 times caster always suck Navi's dick though. I don't really notice them rooting for LGD, seem they are more for Navi to me. But maybe that's because I'm so used to people being Navi fanboys..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom