• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

TI7 Main Qualifiers Day 5 of 5

Schedules
- BTS Google Doc schedule*
- Moonduck
SEA completed
3 spots Top group seed = TnC, UB winner = fnatic, LB winner = Xctn

EU completed
2 spots Top group seed = Secret, Playoff winner = dog

CIS completed
1 spot Playoff winner = Empire

SA completed
1 spot (Playoff winner = infamous)

NA Day 4 of 4
2 spots (Top group seed = NP, Playoff winner = dc)

CN Day 4 of 4
3 spots (Top seed = iGV, UB winner = LGDfy, LB winne = lgd)
DDjjwN1W0AAeKcf.jpg
Infamous win. Kingteka at TI!

bbd23

Yawar has look awful today and ccnc cant do everything for the team

DC going to get me some battle pass points

lmao yea im sure they are tilted. gg

CCnC on sudoku watch.. i like how ppl thought TF were the shit

They were doing amazing during the Group Stage, and even not bad during the UB. Not sure what happened in the GF, I can imagine them tilting and getting really nervous, that's what their tiebreaker against NP looked like. I don't think anyone on Freedom has been to a Valve event let alone a TI.

EDIT: Sneyking was at TI3 with Dignitas and TI4 with NAR'vi actually.

Vic_Viper

If I want to sell something on the Market, is it better to unpack the items or leave them packed? What is the difference?

I got this awesome set for Doom also that im definetly going to keep. Not a big fan of alot of the sets with this Battlepass but the Doom set is crazy good.

When do the Treasure III unlock? Is it based on a certain Compendium $ Amount?

shira

If I want to sell something on the Market, is it better to unpack the items or leave them packed? What is the difference?

I got this awesome set for Doom also that im definetly going to keep. Not a big fan of alot of the sets with this Battlepass but the Doom set is crazy good.

leave packed
because people like packages, nothing more

unlocks anytime valve wants to
no, it's more likely whenever reddit complains enough

Q5pju1y.png

tsunami rocking the asics yesterday, adidas pureboosts today
#hypebeast

People were feeling the Onitsuka Tigers, I was impressed.

I appreciate any the tweets and messages and whatnot you guys had for me. It was pretty hype getting to bounce off all these other personalities whom I've spent cumulative hours listening to. Glad to hear it seemingly went well.

shira

I appreciate any the tweets and messages and whatnot you guys had for me. It was pretty hype getting to bounce off all these other personalities whom I've spent cumulative hours listening to. Glad to hear it seemingly went well.
I think the problem with the lesser known casters like you and Lyrical, basskip is that you don't have a set personality. Grant is the Walmart white trash, Lumi is the engrish guy, xyclopz is well xyclopz, but you don't have a set personality yet except evil bulba.

I would recommend being the anime guy or the hypebeast fashion guy, but it's your brand to build.
You got the voice and nobody aside from Ayesee can top you on that atm

Twookie

it used to be a stretch goal, but it's not anymore. It releases when Valve feels like it.

I'd guess in two or three weeks that they'll release it

wow somehow I managed to gloss over the fact that shira-kun actually gave a way better reply

for shame

You did great! Evil Bulba was pretty good too. That whole hub was excellent. How long did you end up casting per day? It seemed like there was Dota basically 24/7 (at least in my time zone) and casters rotated some, but I felt like I saw some casters for like a whole day sometimes.

I would recommend being the anime guy

If for god knows whatever reason you actually decide to listen to Shira about this, there's no shortage of support you can get here from fellow anime guys
charm_smile.gif

It was great seeing you on the panel Tsunami, hope this is the start of bigger and better things for you!

gai_shain

Well done

ScribbleD

I've discovered the joy of Pugna. Watching the other team draft all int carries and then dropping a Nether Ward in the trees near a fight is a delightful feeling.

J2d

Drunk with a headache? 3 hours left on a weekly?! Might as well play solo and get teamed up with a four stack, mid pugna and hard lane pa? Fuck it I'll just go 20-11-17 spirit breaker sup :D

Drunk dota is best dota honestly and sb is the only thing to play

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Don't remember the specific prediction (Something between 21-24), but its looking like the final total will be 25m+, so I'm not getting it.

shira

won 5 straight support kunkka games doing the quest line
the first quest is quite hard since you need items to kill creeps, damage heroes but it's fun as all hell to land the shark boat

The prizepool prediction is bugged for me atm, can't remember what I put
easy 2500 points

I think the problem with the lesser known casters like you and Lyrical, basskip is that you don't have a set personality. Grant is the Walmart white trash, Lumi is the engrish guy, xyclopz is well xyclopz, but you don't have a set personality yet except evil bulba.

I would recommend being the anime guy or the hypebeast fashion guy, but it's your brand to build.
You got the voice and nobody aside from Ayesee can top you on that atm

Yeah, definitely something I need to consider. At the minimum this event was just me benchmarking how well I can keep up in a live environment. Turns out it's actually much easier than I expected when you don't have to worry about camera control, and in a tricast/panel environment bouncing off multiple people is a lot more relaxing than just a duo cast. In the future I'll probably feel more comfortable bringing some more persona into it.

You did great! Evil Bulba was pretty good too. That whole hub was excellent. How long did you end up casting per day? It seemed like there was Dota basically 24/7 (at least in my time zone) and casters rotated some, but I felt like I saw some casters for like a whole day sometimes.

The official 'shifts' were ~8-10 hours, mine being on EU time. After that you were free to do whatever, but I didn't really want to leave since hanging out with all those people on the fun stream was far more enjoyable than sitting around in my hotel doing nothing. I'd say I spent ~18 hours each day at the studio and casted for about ~6-9 of those.

Top Bottom