• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Quesa

Yeah, definitely something I need to consider. At the minimum this event was just me benchmarking how well I can keep up in a live environment. Turns out it's actually much easier than I expected when you don't have to worry about camera control, and in a tricast/panel environment bouncing off multiple people is a lot more relaxing than just a duo cast. In the future I'll probably feel more comfortable bringing some more persona into it.

The official 'shifts' were ~8-10 hours, mine being on EU time. After that you were free to do whatever, but I didn't really want to leave since hanging out with all those people on the fun stream was far more enjoyable than sitting around in my hotel doing nothing. I'd say I spent ~18 hours each day at the studio and casted for about ~6-9 of those.

Ya did good. I think as you cast more you'll find out which parts of your personality people react to most, and you can lean into those more if you're comfortable with letting those grow. I'd take that approach over trying to actively "force" a kind of personality that, while fun or interesting, feels like an act you have to put on.

E3zvtKV.jpg

invoker-gdlk.gif
invoker-gdlk.gif
invoker-gdlk.gif
invoker-gdlk.gif
invoker-gdlk.gif

Rorschach

Does anyone use bans on heroes they don't want to see on their own team? It's all I ever use bans for anymore. I'm tired of shitty Shadow Fiends and Invokers, so I use my ban on them. It's usually SF these days. The toxic attitude of SF pickers is almost universal. I don't know if it's the hero or the people that gravitate towards the hero. Got one last night and he kept typing "badmood!" When pressed to explain wtf that means, he said we can't win because he's in a bad mood and, therefore, can't play well... so he started feeding.

WAOW!

shira

Does anyone use bans on heroes they don't want to see on their own team? It's all I ever use bans for anymore. I'm tired of shitty Shadow Fiends and Invokers, so I use my ban on them. It's usually SF these days. The toxic attitude of SF pickers is almost universal. I don't know if it's the hero or the people that gravitate towards the hero. Got one last night and he kept typing "badmood!" When pressed to explain wtf that means, he said we can't win because he's in a bad mood and, therefore, can't play well... so he started feeding.

WAOW!

techies if I don't have 2 hours

for like a month id ban wk every game so I wouldn't get jungle wraith king on my team

shira

https://egamersworld.com/dota2/news/planet-dog-j4-we-did-not-need-some-special-conditi-41gnW0-N7

Interesting interview with Planet Dog's J4 about OQ into RQ, problems with getting team to pay for bootcamp, and TI7

If you could choose the organization to play for, what you would prefer?
From the prospective ones, that perhaps could be interested in cooperation with us, this is Cloud9. I’ve been a fan of their old roster, when pieliedie, bone7, singsing played for it. So if I had such an opportunity, I would accept their offer.

I hope those guys get their US visa's and some TI prize money. They've been in the scene so long.

Chris R

Compendium should have had a predictions for number of players who don't get visas for TI :(

I expect at least 2 or 3 players to get turned down with you know who in charge

I ban riki every game. if he is on my team he will just feed or try to play carry riki or some shit. if he is against me then i will have to spend so much on sentries to counter him. thats just not fun.

shira

Compendium should have had a predictions for number of players who don't get visas for TI :(

I expect at least 2 or 3 players to get turned down with you know who in charge

iG, NB, fnatic, empire, FY, Secret, EG, NP, OG, DC, VP all been to America LAN recently - or have not had problems in the past

TL - maybe problem
iGV - massive problem
TNC - maybe problem
Xctn - problem
planet dog - maybe problem
lgd - maybe problem
infamous - problem

Infamous should be fine--South American countries rarely have issues, and I think LGD usually is the team that has players fill in when other Chinese teams have Visa issues, so they should be fine as well. The only teams I see having issues is iG.v since they always do, Planet Dog since I don't think any of those guys have proof they are "professional" players (no big US LAN experience I know of) and XCTN. TNC rarely has issues and TL has a good enough staff that they can make sure they get it taken care of.

7.06e.

7.06e:
===

* Neutral small camps gold bounty increased by 10%
* Veil of Discord: Recipe cost increased from 400 to 500
* Bloodthorn: Critical Strike damage reduced from 1.45x to 1.4x
* Heaven's Halberd: Disarm duration on ranged heroes reduced from 5.5 to 5
* Alchemist: Base Agility increased from 11 to 16
* Alchemist: Greevil's Greed Bounty Rune multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x
* Arc Warden: Turn rate improved from 0.4 to 0.6
* Batrider: Flaming Lasso cooldown increased from 90/75/60 to 100/80/60
* Brewmaster: Fire brewling health increased from 1200 to 1300
* Brewmaster: Level 10 Talent changed from +30 Attack Speed to +30 Damage
* Brewmaster: Level 25 Talent changed from +120 Damage to +140 Attack Speed
* Broodmother: Level 20 Talent from +12 Spiders Attack Damage to +14
* Bristleback: Base damage reduced by 4
* Chen: Hand of God Heal increased from 225/325/425 to 225/350/475
* Chen: Level 20 Talent increased from +90 Gold/Min to +120
* Clockwerk: Battery Assault manacost increased from 75 to 100
* Clockwerk: Base damage reduced by 3
* Dark Seer: Surge cooldown increased from 12/11/10/9 to 13/12/11/10
* Enchantress: Nature's Attendants manacost reduced from 125/140/155/170 to 125
* Io: Spirits manacost increased from 120/130/140/150 to 150
* Legion Commander: Press The Attack cast range reduced from 800 to 700
* Leshrac: Level 15 Talent increased from +10% Magic Resistance to +15%
* Leshrac: Pulse Nova damage increased from 100/130/160 to 100/140/180
* Lifestealer: Strength gain reduced from 3.3 to 3.1
* Lina: Dragon Slave damage reduced from 110/180/250/320 to 85/160/235/310
* Lina: Level 25 Talent from +40/4% Fiery Soul to +35/3%
* Luna: Level 10 Talent from +15 Movement Speed to +20
* Luna: Level 20 Talent from +10% Magic Resistance to +15%
* Lycan: Howl cooldown increased from 55/50/45/40 to 60/55/50/45
* Monkey King: Boundless Strike cooldown reduced from 25 to 22
* Monkey King: Wukong's Command Attack Interval improved from 1.6 to 1.4
* Morphling: Base Attack Time improved from 1.55 to 1.5
* Naga Siren: Base health regen increased from 0.5 to 1.5
* Nightstalker: Base Intelligence reduced from 16 to 13
* Nightstalker: Hunter In The Night cooldown increased from 26/22/18/14 to 30/26/22/18
* Nyx Assassin: Movement Speed reduced from 305 to 300
* Ogre Magi: Level 15 Talent increased from +8% Magic Resistance to +12%
* Ogre Magi: Level 20 Talent increased from +250 Health to +350
* Ogre Magi: Level 20 Talent increased from +25 Movement Speed to +30
* Phantom Lancer: Agility gain increased from 2.6 to 2.8
* Phoenix: Level 10 Talent from +175 Health to +200
* Puck: Base Armor reduced by 1
* Pugna: Level 25 Talent increased from +150 Nether Blast Damage to +200
* Queen of Pain: Base Damage reduced by 4
* Queen of Pain: Level 25 Spell Lifesteal reduced from 70% to 60%
* Razor: Agility gain reduced from 2.0 to 1.8
* Sand King: Caustic Finale timer damage from 45/65/85/110 to 20/50/80/110
* Shadow Demon: Base Strength increased from 19 to 21
* Shadow Demon: Demonic Purge cooldown reduced from 50 to 40
* Sniper: Agility gain increased from 2.5 to 2.7
* Spectre: Base Strength increased from 19 to 20
* Spectre: Level 15 Talent from +20 Movement Speed to +25
* Sven: Warcry cooldown increased from 32/26/20/14 to 34/28/22/16
* Tiny: Toss can now throw units to Spell Immune enemies
* Venomancer: Strength gain reduced from 2.15 to 1.9
* Visage: Grave Chill mana cost reduced from 100 to 90
* Windranger: Windrun manacost reduced from 75 to 60
* Winter Wyvern: Cold Embrace base health regen increased from 20 to 25
* Winter Wyvern: Arctic Burn slow increased from 19/26/33/40% to 22/28/34/40%

Qvoth

oh shit new patch?
going from 120 damage to 140 attack speed is a nerf right?
tiny tossing to spell immune is pretty useful i guess
ogre and shadow demon will be picked more i think?

Artanisix

oh shit new patch?
going from 120 damage to 140 attack speed is a nerf right?
tiny tossing to spell immune is pretty useful i guess
ogre and shadow demon will be picked more i think?

I'D say overall a brew buff as thte damage early is waaay more useful

cris7198

Hey guys, I've been a casual poster and mostly lurker of this thread.

I just wanted to share this. I calibrated at 800 mmr like 2 years ago, today i hit 4k FeelsAmazingMan
221C7B024204DCE71C6066BED4421A91F9A94BCB

I just wanted to share this. I calibrated at 800 mmr like 2 years ago, today i hit 4k FeelsAmazingMan

Congratz! That's pretty impressive and it just goes to show that it is possible to climb out of the lower tiers.
I've always wondered what a sub 1k game looks like...

Yes yes!! Keep buffing my winter waifu! Make her even better. I am already winning alot with her in the last two patches.

Dark seer didn't deserve that nerf. He already went mia in pros after the nerfs in the last patch.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/858349365847085299/221C7B024204DCE71C6066BED4421A91F9A94BCB/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:819&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A819&background-color=black[/QUOTE]
Gratz u bloodcyka!

shira

Dates of Interest
MDL Lan (EG vs OG first match
clock-eyebrow.gif
)
t1499220000z1.png

TI Main Event
t1502121600z4.png

Pro Dota Results
- Jun 29 TI7 NP, DC, Secret, Dog, Empire, Infamous, TNC, Xctn, fnatic, LGD, iGV, LGDfy qualify to LAN
- Jun 18 TI7 OG, iG, EG, VP, NB, TL invited to LAN

July
July 5-9
MDL 2017 Wuhan, CN
?
8: iG, OG, EG, LFY, NB, Clutch, NB, VG

July 7-9
Final Match LAN Lima, PER
$50k
8: MVP, Midas, Thunder Awaken, Dane stack, [A], SG, Spirit, Infamous

July 21-23
DreamHack Atlanta, Atlanta, USA
$175k
4: Secret, Liquid, Vega, Odd

August
Aug 7-12
TI7 LAN Seattle, USA
$2000k and rising
18: OG, iG, EG, TL, NB, VP, NP, DC, Secret, Dog, Empire, Infamous, TNC, Xctn, fnatic, LGD, iGV, LGDfy

DOTA 2 The International 2017 🇺🇸 (Aug 7-12) Game of throwns - you win or you pld
Thinking of doing A Song of Ice and Fire theme this year. If you got a better title pun - speak now or forev hold your peace

charm_smile.gif

Hylian7

I played yesterday for the first time since the Kunkka + Tide announcer came out. They actually have lines for Shrines under attack/destroyed. I wonder if they will ever do this for the other announcers, or at the very least the stock announcer.

Monkey King is also the only hero with a line for Bounty Runes. I think that happening for all the other heroes is less likely unless they brought in that voice actor to record a new hero or announcer pack or something.

I feel like people are understating the size of the Tiny buff of Toss going through BKB.

Fuchsdh

WAOW!
I ban Slark and Legion constantly. Down here in 2.8K they seem to be a magnet for people who want to tilt and deliberately feed the second something doesn't go their way.
I played yesterday for the first time since the Kunkka + Tide announcer came out. They actually have lines for Shrines under attack/destroyed. I wonder if they will ever do this for the other announcers, or at the very least the stock announcer.

Monkey King is also the only hero with a line for Bounty Runes. I think that happening for all the other heroes is less likely unless they brought in that voice actor to record a new hero or announcer pack or something.
Only way Valve is getting money from me in the future is if they release a Luna announcer pack. Would buy that in a heartbeat.

Hylian7

I ban Slark and Legion constantly. Down here in 2.8K they seem to be a magnet for people who want to tilt and deliberately feed the second something doesn't go their way.

Only way Valve is getting money from me in the future is if they release a Luna announcer pack. Would buy that in a heartbeat.

I want an Ogre Magi announcer pack. I like the idea of two characters bantering for an announcer pack, Ogre Magi would be perfect for that IMO.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Does anyone use bans on heroes they don't want to see on their own team?

Yeah I used to ban slark so shitty fishtards wouldn't be on my team. Fuck tinker tho, he's banned now.

I feel like people are understating the size of the Tiny buff of Toss going through BKB.

Toss doesn't really go through bkb, it's like being able to pa blink at bkb targets, just a valid thing to be thrown at.

Shouldn't it be KotL and Chaos Knight?

???????

cris7198

Congratz! That's pretty impressive and it just goes to show that it is possible to climb out of the lower tiers.
I've always wondered what a sub 1k game looks like...

Thanks c:

Welp, mostly they're absolute shitfests, it's the bracket where people actually don't know what they're doing at all. Very common to see 5 cores against 5 cores and 50+ minute games where the less dumb team wins. I was able to get out of there by spamming mid bloodcyka, very good to capitalize on errors and snowballing.

Gratz u bloodcyka!

Сука Блять

(Thanks c:)

bbd23

In the past year, we’ve had two Valve Majors shape the competitive landscape leading to The International. However, for the next year we will be taking a more organic approach to growing the competitive ecosystem, working more closely with third-party tournaments. Instead of the previous Major system, we will be selecting many third-party tournaments to directly sponsor. Additionally, players competing in these tournaments will earn Qualifying Points which will be the sole factor in determining invites to The International 2018.

http://blog.dota2.com/2017/07/the-2017-2018-competitive-season/

Hylian7

Yeah I used to ban slark so shitty fishtards wouldn't be on my team. Fuck tinker tho, he's banned now.

Toss doesn't really go through bkb, it's like being able to pa blink at bkb targets, just a valid thing to be thrown at.

???????

I'm not big into lore but apparently kotl killed all of balanar's people with light creating phoenix and sending the world into chaos - of which chaos knight is trying to restore balance (???)

charm_sleeping.gif

Re: Tiny: Am I misunderstanding the change? Can he not throw units through BKB, or can only throw units AT someone with BKB?

Re: KotL & Chaos Knight, I was thinking of it from the angle in the lore that CK is the Fundamental of Dark and KotL is the Fundamental of Light.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
New System seems neat. Does this mean the Reaver/Eaglesong/Mystic Staff trophies are permanently retired though?

Hope we get more US Tournaments, in the past year I think only the Boston Major and the International have been hosted in the United States. I guess the Summit is in the US, but the public isn't allowed to attend at all.

shira

New System seems neat. Does this mean the Reaver/Eaglesong/Mystic Staff trophies are permanently retired though?

Hope we get more US Tournaments, in the past year I think only the Boston Major and the International have been hosted in the United States. I guess the Summit is in the US, but the public isn't allowed to attend at all.
I can see them doing 1 Minor per country with 2 in China.

Canada Minor could be NA Beat
US Minor could be X-games Austin
Ukraine Minor Starladder
German Minor ESL Frankfurt

Could be huge for new destinations like Australia, Middle East, and Peru that just need the Valve name to legitimize a tourney

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, is it safe to assume TI8 will have 10 or 12 invited teams? If they only invite 6 teams, I feel teams will mostly ignore the point system. I guess Valve can also base Qualifier invites off of points, but teams don't care too much about that either if Open Qualifiers still exist.

So, is it safe to assume TI8 will have 10 or 12 invited teams? If they only invite 6 teams, I feel teams will mostly ignore the point system. I guess Valve can also base Qualifier invites off of points, but teams don't care too much about that either if Open Qualifiers still exist.

Nah, I think teams will still care even if it only gets them an invite to Regional Quals. Open qualifiers are scary because of their best of one nature.

I'm actually really happy about these changes, hope community compendiums/crowd funding prize pools return.

Usobuko

Banned
Valve could have keep up with the Major's system and still fund third-party tournaments with the money they made from Dota 2.

This is Valve being cheapstake again for forgoing the Major format, its prizepool and the hospitality for the players.

Arol

Valve could have keep up with the Major's system and still fund third-party tournaments with the money they made from Dota 2.

This is Valve being cheapstake again for forgoing the Major format, its prizepool and the hospitality for the players.

Feels more like this. Not that I blame them, maximize profit and effort.

I'm sure we'll get more information once TI finishes but I wonder if they approve talent as well.

Would be funny to see James at a Valve labeled tournament after everything.

Top Bottom