• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

mid1 man bun

Thats sun bhei clown shoes....

misc-fEEd.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah getting $40-50 per drop was pretty awesome. I think I got 4 or 5 too just from Finals.
Midweek you'd make like $500+, easily pay off the badge.

Qvoth

it's really sad how even pros fell into this scam
they're literally paying for their own prizepool, even thought it's just a tiny bit

Qvoth

well it could've been 500 more dollars in envy's case, that's my point lol
anyway it's their money i guess, still healthier than spending them on drugs and shit

Chris R

Funny thing is, all these rewards expiring are making me spend LESS money this cycle. If I could spam my WAOW forever I'd buy the levels ASAP, but since it's going away, whatever, I got some cool hats, but didn't buy levels outside of the og compendium and the bundle.

Fuchsdh

Funny thing is, all these rewards expiring are making me spend LESS money this cycle. If I could spam my WAOW forever I'd buy the levels ASAP, but since it's going away, whatever, I got some cool hats, but didn't buy levels outside of the og compendium and the bundle.

I think Valve just figures (and is probably right) there's enough whales it doesn't matter if they make it a sweet pot for everyone else.

And goddamit. Two games in a row that would have been won except for the one person who decides to try a new-to-them hero in ranked. Grrrrrrrraahahahhasdhasd

Ppd got kicked from the team he owns and he's talking shit about someone else's personality.

Holy shit the Roshan effect goes away in May 2018.

Probably so they can make whales buy it again next Time.

DotA hats for rent.

52club

That was pretty brutal by PPD, but it also was something Nahaz should listen too. To me Nahaz can make a good point, but then tends to overwhelm the entire conversation. It happened a few times on the podcast/twitchcast. I think this can affect the chemistry on a panal.

It will be interesting to see if PPD turns into DOTA's Barkley. He has the potential.

Nahaz ought to just quit fucking with dotes.

Community doesn't appreciate what he does and Valve clearly doesn't want to work with him.

Where's the gain?

I think it'd be a loss because this scene could do with more numbers guys not less. Regardless if his delivery style is abrasive. Only thing this community values is memes.

shira

Further leaks confirm Tobi/OD/LD will be only main stage casters paired with Synd/Fogged/Lumi respectively.

What the fuck are you doing Valve?

Fogged? Lumi? Jesus put Merlini and Cap in there FFS

Hylian7

I don't understand why Valve continues to hire Tobi. He's a hype caster for sure, and it definitely works, but he has a pattern of racism in the past. I'm surprised they haven't called him an ass and no longer worked with him.

I don't understand why Valve continues to hire Tobi. He's a hype caster for sure, and it definitely works, but he has a pattern of racism in the past. I'm surprised they haven't called him an ass and no longer worked with him.

Tobi is popular enough that if he isn't invited there's going to be backlash from Reddit etc. I think that's really all there is to it. I'd be ok with Valve slowly sidelining him though, e.g. not giving him grand finals to cast, etc.

Going to miss Cap + Blitz casts. :/

Hylian7

Tobi is popular enough that if he isn't invited there's going to be backlash from Reddit etc. I think that's really all there is to it. I'd be ok with Valve slowly sidelining him though, e.g. not giving him grand finals to cast, etc.

Going to miss Cap + Blitz casts. :/

There was backlash from reddit over 2GD though...

What the fuck are you doing Valve?

Fogged? Lumi? Jesus put Merlini and Cap in there FFS

no kotl guy, invites some na trash cc&c or whatever
insists on having tobi cast grand finals, overrated weirdo
lumi ?? all his casts are shit since ti2. he ruined many great games by his casting (VG vs EG mega creeps comeback, kept bitching about how there is nothing to talk about instead of talking about anything related to the game.

no cap no merlini ...

i hope this rumor is not true

Quesa

Would be interested in seeing if a backlash over Tobi would translate into a net player/revenue loss for Valve. Not that that's the only thing Valve should look at when making those decisions, but if they want to sideline Tobi, I think they can. I can't think of a single commentator whose absence I'd boycott the game over. I love/loved OD/Ayesee, but I'm not going to stop playing or buying stuff because they're not around at TI.

52club

Tobi = Chris Berman

I've given up on having someone else cast the finals. He is a little more tolerable than he used to be.

Fevaweva

I like Tobi. Plus, how can you not have the guy be a caster when his fucking voice is in the game and is the highest tier of chat wheel voices?

It makes KOTL "WOAW" Guy not being invited even weirder though.

Top Bottom