• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

That goes for any hero, including Pudge.

Are you fucking high?

I would suggest you learn how to play a pudge and a rubick... and pay particular attention to how positioning affects them when they are casting spells

one is more likely to feed when casting spells than the other... i'll leave it upto you to figure out which

traveler

Not Wario
^
That reaction seems a bit, uh, angry, to the say the least. Didn't realize this was such a personal argument.

Not that I think the arcana vote should be decided by "Which character is least likely to screw over my team", but this is literally the first time I've heard of the notorious bad Rubick teammate, while Pudge, well, has a pretty substantial reputation in that department. Is it hard to see why a hero that can hook enemies out of danger/allies out of a kill or into a bad position and must himself be put right next to an enemy to kill them MIGHT be more likely to hurt his team than a ranged support with all ranged spells?

^
Is it hard to see why a hero that can hook enemies out of danger/allies out of a kill or into a bad position and must himself be put right next to an enemy to kill them MIGHT be more likely to hurt his team than a ranged support with all ranged spells?

nice edge case.. also lmao ranged spells...

read my post again and pay attention to the positioning when the spell is cast..

who is likely to be amongst the enemy when they are casting spells... rubiks spell steal cast range isnt as large as you think it is, conversly pudges hook range is larger then you think it is....missed hooks (wrong person hooked or otherwise) are a annoyance, they dont lead to feeding the enemy when trying to make some sick yapsor plays

Hylian7

Are you fucking high?

I would suggest you learn how to play a pudge and a rubick... and pay particular attention to how positioning affects them when they are casting spells

one is more likely to feed when casting spells than the other... i'll leave it upto you to figure out which
????? Chill the fuck out man.

Pudge can put both himself and a teammate in a bad position. Pudge can throw a hook, miss, and end up dying to the hero he missed. He can also an enemy Tidehunter or Earthshaker, effectively doing the other team's initiation for them.

I have never heard complaints about the feeding Rubicks until now. You can replace him with and hero, especially supports, and have the same issue. Are you saying squishy supports should never have Arcana?

Didn't realize this subject was so heated...

Hylian7

nice edge case.. also lmao ranged spells...

read my post again and pay attention to the positioning when the spell is cast..

who is likely to be amongst the enemy when they are casting spells... rubiks spell steal cast range isnt as large as you think it is, conversly pudges hook range is larger then you think it is....missed hooks (wrong person hooked or otherwise) are a annoyance, they dont lead to feeding the enemy when trying to make some sick yapsor plays

If you hook an enemy Tidehunter and he ravages your whole team, you don't think that's a major liability? You can replace Tidehunter with any hero that initiates like that well, Earthshaker, Magnus, Enigma, etc.

Pudge is pretty equally capable of colossal feeds.

shira

dizzy.gif

Arguing over why one champ is better than another champ in dumpster tier for $35 hats

Plain and simple.. shit pudges drag down a team more than a shit rubick.

Basically people should ban pudge every match since the pub average all skill levels for landed hooks is probably 10%.

Rorschach

I honestly can't believe Rubick made it this far. +48

Are you fucking high?

Jesus. That escalated quickly.

dizzy.gif

Arguing over why one champ is better than another champ in dumpster tier for $35 hats

Everyone here knows that whoever loses this Arcana vote is just going to be embedded in the next Ti compendium behind levels.

As Valve delves ever deeper into how to suck money from this community..the #2 pick in these votes will never go unnoticed.

Chris R

They won't reveal the groups until the day before, as to give all the teams a fair chance in terms of targeted prep.

They should be able to reveal a generic schedule though, without revealing the teams.

Well, last year groups were comprised of 8 teams, so 7 sets played per team. There were 14 scheduled match times, so 2x7.

With 9 teams this year, there will be 8 sets played per team, so we should assume 16 scheduled match times.

The big difference is these matches are played over 4 days instead of 3. So instead of 5/5/4 I'd expect something like 5/4/4/3 to allow for a tiebreakers if needed, but they could just go 4/4/4/4.

shira

Well, last year groups were comprised of 8 teams, so 7 sets played per team. There were 14 scheduled match times, so 2x7.

With 9 teams this year, there will be 8 sets played per team, so we should assume 16 scheduled match times.

The big difference is these matches are played over 4 days instead of 3. So instead of 5/5/4 I'd expect something like 5/4/4/3 to allow for a tiebreakers if needed, but they could just go 4/4/4/4.

It's Bo2: goes 20, 20, 20 12 matches/day

So prolly (2-3), (2-3), (2-3), (1-2)

Hylian7

I wonder why my mmr keeps dropping with no sight of improving... hmmm
Look, take this from someone that used to be a notorious teammate blamer in here, you can ask anyone in here if you need evidence of that.

I get that it's frustrating when your teammates are bad, have a bad have, just make one critical fuckup or whatever. However you have to look at what you can do to win the game. You aren't playing your teammates heroes, you are playing yours. You should focus on what you could have done better to win that game, because that gets you more results than saying "My team sucked" and queueing again.

Maybe it was actually your teammates fault, maybe it wasn't, but the only thing you can directly change is how you play your hero, so figure out what you can do there. Also encourage your teammates and communicate instead of calling them noobs if they feed first blood. This applies to every single game, even if the rest of your team all goes 30 minutes Midas with no boots.

As for that game specifically, I'd have to watch it, but others have said good advice on it in here.

Look, take this from someone that used to be a notorious teammate blamer in here, you can ask anyone in here if you need evidence of that.

I get that it's frustrating when your teammates are bad, have a bad have, just make one critical fuckup or whatever. However you have to look at what you can do to win the game. You aren't playing your teammates heroes, you are playing yours. You should focus on what you could have done better to win that game, because that gets you more results than saying "My team sucked" and queueing again.

Maybe it was actually your teammates fault, maybe it wasn't, but the only thing you can directly change is how you play your hero, so figure out what you can do there. Also encourage your teammates and communicate instead of calling them noobs if they feed first blood. This applies to every single game, even if the rest of your team all goes 30 minutes Midas with no boots.

As for that game specifically, I'd have to watch it, but others have said good advice on it in here.

Looks like the game didnt have too much action, you got out farmed by slark and you/your team didnt counter pick him.

you're not gonna get any pity points in this thread for blaming your teammates, if this post is what I think it is.

so what could I have done as a riki with bootless silencer rushing refresher, wk rushing radiance, tinker pick after nyx + slark + lc

Hylian7

so what could I have done as a riki with bootless silencer rushing refresher, wk rushing radiance, tinker pick after nyx + slark + lc
Purely based in the scoreboard, you probably need more kill participation and more farm, but I didn't watch the game.

Even if the game wasn't winnable, you should still look at how you can improve. How does blaming your teammates (even if they are at fault) help you win the game?

Don't focus on how your teammates are doing other than being aware of their capabilities and working with them. Any Silencer, no matter how bad, can press R. You can still make use of that.

Fuchsdh

After I posted, I made it with a random group all the way to the giant scorpion boss! And then we died. Tips/tricks?

It mostly comes down to hero comp and micro, from my experience. The more times you're hit by the shockwaves that create the rocks, the more hosed you are the longer the fight continues, and then it's easy to get screwed by a bad juke or misclick.

Also, while completing Siltbreaker with randoms seems possible, I have yet to get a three star with them, so it's pretty diminishing returns from the achievements/loot side of things. I'm hopeful Valve is taking the time to calibrate Part 2 so it's a bit more enjoyable for the vast majority of matchmaking players.

Hylian7

I think Necro is my kryptonite hero now that I'm just going to nominate for ban. Almost every time I've played against him mid lately, I could never kill him, only getting close, and then he just ults and gets free kills, gets blink dagon and then we run out of space to farm the BKBs to deal with it.

Sibylus

Banned
It mostly comes down to hero comp and micro, from my experience. The more times you're hit by the shockwaves that create the rocks, the more hosed you are the longer the fight continues, and then it's easy to get screwed by a bad juke or misclick.

Also, while completing Siltbreaker with randoms seems possible, I have yet to get a three star with them, so it's pretty diminishing returns from the achievements/loot side of things. I'm hopeful Valve is taking the time to calibrate Part 2 so it's a bit more enjoyable for the vast majority of matchmaking players.

Should I be eschewing support Dazzle for that final fight? Because even with Guardian Greaves, Heart, Aghs... the sandstorm section with the tornadoes would invariably bring me down to 0 and kill me if I didn't have a perf shallow grave. The shockwaves, the kamikaze sandlings, etc I did alright with.

Top Bottom