• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

W1SSY

I struggle to sleep at night knowing there are people out there voting for rubick

ashot_rubick.gif

Played a game where a Slardar initiated by himself and would spam ping everyone else asking why they didn't also dive tier 2 towers at like 15 minutes. At the same time my team had a lesh that was pushing lanes solo and would get pissed when he died.

Dota is a hard game. Needless to say the chat logs are spectacular from that game.

J2d

Logged in and voted for rubick and put in my predictions, dunno if I played too much for a while there but I haven't played in two weeks and don't really miss the game =/

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Should I be eschewing support Dazzle for that final fight? Because even with Guardian Greaves, Heart, Aghs... the sandstorm section with the tornadoes would invariably bring me down to 0 and kill me if I didn't have a perf shallow grave. The shockwaves, the kamikaze sandlings, etc I did alright with.
Play as tide and go some unkillable build with GG to heal

Big-E

I got a 3 start reward from siltbreaker which included the rare 5 levels from the battlepass. How do I apply those levels? I don't see them anywhere.

Fuchsdh

I got a 3 start reward from siltbreaker which included the rare 5 levels from the battlepass. How do I apply those levels? I don't see them anywhere.

They should get automatically applied, no?

Also, I really enjoyed this video by Day9 that got posted to /r/Dota2 because it basically encapsulates my own theories regarding self-perpetuating negativity and how it destroys games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKtomu0f1-Q

I definitely know that out every four times I might get flamed, I probably bite my tongue and work past it two times, but the other two I either get pissed off right back or just respond with chipper sarcasm, and neither of those work out well.

(That said, sometimes the other people are irredeemable assholes and frankly your team can bond over their dumb shit. Like the Legion who decided I "stole" a kill from him early in the game and immediately decided to start feeding duels. We barely managed to squeak out a win, but if Legion had just not been a dick we would have absolutely dominated the game and ended it way earlier. Ended up friending one of the guys who helped me contain Legion so we could win and we've had fun doing the Battle Cups since.)

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Should I be eschewing support Dazzle for that final fight? Because even with Guardian Greaves, Heart, Aghs... the sandstorm section with the tornadoes would invariably bring me down to 0 and kill me if I didn't have a perf shallow grave. The shockwaves, the kamikaze sandlings, etc I did alright with.

If you aren't dealing a huge amount of right click damage with satanic and the unhallowed icon artifact you should be avoiding the tornados not trying to tank them.

With dazzle you probably want glimmer so you can shake the tornado that tries to chase you.

Open armory (top right corner sword n shield icon) and it should be in the international 7 category, double click I do believe.

(That said, sometimes the other people are irredeemable assholes and frankly your team can bond over their dumb shit. Like the Legion who decided I "stole" a kill from him early in the game and immediately decided to start feeding duels. We barely managed to squeak out a win, but if Legion had just not been a dick we would have absolutely dominated the game and ended it way earlier. Ended up friending one of the guys who helped me contain Legion so we could win and we've had fun doing the Battle Cups since.)

Tilting is a great way to give yourself a loss.

Had a game last night where the other team had 7k gold advantage, 12 kill advantage and a farmed/fed Dusa while my offlane slark was a really bad start early on (I think I had like 7 deaths to 1 or 2 kills). Thought it was a loss no doubt but just hunkered down and played safer, got a good kill on Dusa which led to a team wipe and brought us right back into the game. Ended up winning even though the other team had 2k bp contributions and 2 players wagered 500 tokens.

Hylian7

If you aren't dealing a huge amount of right click damage with satanic and the unhallowed icon artifact you should be avoiding the tornados not trying to tank them.

With dazzle you probably want glimmer so you can shake the tornado that tries to chase you.

Open armory (top right corner sword n shield icon) and it should be in the international 7 category, double click I do believe.

Had a game last night where the other team had 7k gold advantage, 12 kill advantage and a farmed/fed Dusa while my offlane slark was a really bad start early on (I think I had like 7 deaths to 1 or 2 kills). Thought it was a loss no doubt but just hunkered down and played safer, got a good kill on Dusa which led to a team wipe and brought us right back into the game. Ended up winning even though the other team had 2k bp contributions and 2 players wagered 500 tokens.
I had one today where the Clockwerk on other team kept dying later on in the game and said "I AM FEEDING" and "I have to teach these idiots a lesson so I feed". The funny thing is the other team could have totally won the game at that point. I've seen a handful of people with that mentality of "My team is idiots, they don't deserve to win." and then not even try. They could put the same effort into winning the game and might be able to pull it off.

Games get frustrating sometimes, but it ain't over until the ancient is gone. In that same game above, earlier on the Pudge on my team was blaming me for shit and saying "gg end" and Void was doing the same but blaming Pudge.

Fuchsdh

I had one today where the Clockwerk on other team kept dying later on in the game and said "I AM FEEDING" and "I have to teach these idiots a lesson so I feed". The funny thing is the other team could have totally won the game at that point. I've seen a handful of people with that mentality of "My team is idiots, they don't deserve to win." and then not even try. They could put the same effort into winning the game and might be able to pull it off.

Games get frustrating sometimes, but it ain't over until the ancient is gone. In that same game above, earlier on the Pudge on my team was blaming me for shit and saying "gg end" and Void was doing the same but blaming Pudge.

Yeah especially down in 2.5K where I am it's entirely possible to come back from megas, especially since the other team often just goes ROFLcopter goofing off and loses cohesion. People who gg and check out way too early bother the hell out of me. Especially when we have a make-or-break fight and they decide to just idle in fountain.

shira

First blatant scripter I've seen so far.

The guy had Shadow Shaman auto blink-hex on. But he couldn't control the camera or the hero well enough so he would just initiate whenever we were near and the rest of his team was like we're not going to follow up - so he just instafed all the time.

Level 300 compendium from Peru. I can see scripting on a smurf account, but a $75-100USD investment with phone that is going to get VACation
laugh.gif

Sibylus

Banned

Thanks for the suggestions! Would BKB be a good alternate? The Octarine-reduced cd seems like it could work.

cris7198

Soooo... today won my first battlecup of the season. Got a champions ticket and three treasures from the levels.

Got golden LS, golden weaver and slark's inmortal :'D FeelsAmazingMan

0C9A4BC6AF7375FBC79D940FA296C713E71E5198

shira

not sure how succesful Overwatch League is going to be

https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/news/20937016 said:
$50k salary on a year contract (+housing, insurance, teamhouse)

up to $85k in bonus if you win season 1

50% of winnings goes to players

W1SSY

PPD Game 4 Draft Analysis was amazing when he first put it out and was interesting to go back and rewatch with them showing this game. PPD forcing CDEC to play Lesh in multiple games and then force CDEC into letting them get Gyro and Naga in this game was just a great way of showing how to correctly draft and put your team into a great position to win.

Chris R

Well, last year groups were comprised of 8 teams, so 7 sets played per team. There were 14 scheduled match times, so 2x7.

With 9 teams this year, there will be 8 sets played per team, so we should assume 16 scheduled match times.

The big difference is these matches are played over 4 days instead of 3. So instead of 5/5/4 I'd expect something like 5/4/4/3 to allow for a tiebreakers if needed, but they could just go 4/4/4/4.

So instead, they upped the count to 18 matches, and are going to do a 5/5/5/3 setup.

More downtime for teams.

shira

9 Arrivals
xyuvfvX.jpg

Newbee: faith, kaka, moogy, kpii, sccc

GCw9mzE.jpg

LGD.FY: monet, super, inflame, ddc, ahfu

eDcfvDl.jpg

infamous: timado, accel, matthew, kingteka, benjaz

4kdzXcK.jpg

iG Vitality: paparazi, injuly, dogf1ghts super, sakata

dYggiUc.jpg

OG with 7cking: s4, notail, ana, mad, jerax, fly

ySJhoA0.jpg

fnatic: ahjit, febby, qo, dj, ohy

Ja9GK9p.jpg

LGD: maybe, victoria, yao, ame, old eleven

CvJF5he.jpg

rotk with iG: op, burning, xxs, q, boboka

8qlrupy.jpg

empire: rodjer, miposhka , coach jotm, ghostik, fn (chappie waiting for passport)

Top Bottom