• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

it's been over a year since i last touched this script so if anybody's still using it, the dota/twitch emotes are updated in time for TI7 spam: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/9498-neogaf-dota2-emoticons

i forgot how to use the code i wrote to generate the URLs. always document your shit
sweat.gif

I was going to do that for TI7 OT, but thanks

huff.gif

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Had a international ranked match that I straight up abandoned at 10 minutes today...

Our safe lanes idea of laning was "Auto attack the creep wave while 2 heros just right click you and only back up at sub 200hp followed by blaming me for not helping him".

Just straight up said fuck it and quit. Not worth wasting an hour of my life delaying that inevitable loss...

Had a international ranked match that I straight up abandoned at 10 minutes today...

Our safe lanes idea of laning was "Auto attack the creep wave while 2 heros just right click you and only back up at sub 200hp followed by blaming me for not helping him".

Just straight up said fuck it and quit. Not worth wasting an hour of my life delaying that inevitable loss...

Yeah shit like that sucks.
If I see a stupid carry in my lane I leave him, smoke and gank other lanes and try to salvage the match.
At least that way that carry gets solo exp... Hopefully...

ExhibitA: huskar. Dies to sand king solo. Flames me all game. Even though my first death was at 40 minutes. Ditched his ass and roamed with earthshaker.

https://www.opendota.com/matches/3337772446

I'm thinking of leveling up to 1000 to get the mini aegis. 2 questions:

1. What's the quality of the mini aegis? Is it hefty?

2. Are these treasures going to marketable at any point? I'll have more than I want. Do people usually tend to buy these later?

I'm having a bit of a problem in the game lately and I'm wondering what advice you guys have about it.

Currently I'm at 3,075 MMR, but the I've sort of stopped playing ranked altogether, because it became increasingly difficult to manage to play a carry. Uninspiring as it is, it became my favored role, with the heroes I like the most attached to it. But it's obviously one of the two most popular roles, so the chances of 4th or 5th picking it are very low. I also play a lot with a friend who's around 4.5k, and with him I tend to support because the games are noticeably above my level, and while supporting is by no means a simple, mindless task, I feel it's more manageable when you play above your skill.

In the past 2 months or so, my statistics on dotabuff went down from 81% core to 50%. Honestly, it's kinda bumming me out. I'm finding myself playing bot matches just to scratch that carry itch. It also lowered my confidence in playing the role properly, since I'm so out of practice with it.

Did any of you go through something similar? Any thoughts on what to do? Should I just ignore proper drafting and start first-picking the carry like a schmuck. If so, what are good carries that aren't that easy to counter and can handle themselves even without a good support? Or maybe I should just give it up and play it only when I get the chance to?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having a bit of a problem in the game lately and I'm wondering what advice you guys have about it.

Currently I'm at 3,075 MMR, but the I've sort of stopped playing ranked altogether, because it became increasingly difficult to manage to play a carry. Uninspiring as it is, it became my favored role, with the heroes I like the most attached to it. But it's obviously one of the two most popular roles, so the chances of 4th or 5th picking it are very low. I also play a lot with a friend who's around 4.5k, and with him I tend to support because the games are noticeably above my level, and while supporting is by no means a simple, mindless task, I feel it's more manageable when you play above your skill.

In the past 2 months or so, my statistics on dotabuff went down from 81% core to 50%. Honestly, it's kinda bumming me out. I'm finding myself playing bot matches just to scratch that carry itch. It also lowered my confidence in playing the role properly, since I'm so out of practice with it.

Did any of you go through something similar? Any thoughts on what to do? Should I just ignore proper drafting and start first-picking the carry like a schmuck. If so, what are good carries that aren't that easy to counter and can handle themselves even without a good support? Or maybe I should just give it up and play it only when I get the chance to?
put your icon on the minimap and and ask for the role at the start of picking. you don't need to make a speech about it, just something simple like "can I safelane carry pls?" most of the time people will respect the call and some people are willing to support you if they think you're respectful/competent. you'll get some people here and there that aren't willing to give it up and then you gotta decide if you wanna support someone who refused to support you. if people aren't willing to support you understand you'll come out of the lane with minimal cs and your biggest priority at the time is to play it like an offlaner, xp first then cs. if you know going into the game you aren't gonna get any help in the lane then start thinking about at what point you can get jungle farm and stay healthy, including your own ward or two to stay safe. you can also pull your own lane to guarantee farm under tower and deny xp from offlaner but it if it's something like a bat you'll just get run over for it.
jugg overall probably the best carry to play for those situations but against melee matchups ursa can be threatening or even lifestealer if you know his matchups.

relevant youtube video

I'm thinking of leveling up to 1000 to get the mini aegis. 2 questions:

1. What's the quality of the mini aegis? Is it hefty?

2. Are these treasures going to marketable at any point? I'll have more than I want. Do people usually tend to buy these later?

not sure about the first point

the items will be marketable in a year (not all of them)
some sell well 5-6 dollars
some sell for 1-2 dollars

not sure if the treasures chest itself is marketable.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
not sure about the first point

the items will be marketable in a year (not all of them)
some sell well 5-6 dollars
some sell for 1-2 dollars

not sure if the treasures chest itself is marketable.

The Treasure will be marketable, and usually sell for more than the items. Almost all the non-rare items are worth under a dollar, most around $.50. Even some of the Rare items will likely be under $2, like the Brood Spiders. I personally recycled the bulk of duplicate Immortals for points, since its faster than trying to list them on the market in the future (Each recycled immortal saves you roughly $.85)

kionedrik

Hey guys.
I haven't watched anything dota related since the 7.00 reveal and I need your help in figuring out who are the teams worth watching and the meta heroes and meta strategies right now.

Hey guys.
I haven't watched anything dota related since the 7.00 reveal and I need your help in figuring out who are the teams worth watching and the meta heroes and meta strategies right now.

Everybody is good.
Games are fast.
ES mid is meta.

That's all you need to know.

Hey guys.

I'd say the top teams are VP, EG, OG, Newbee and maybe LGD.FY? Also, Liquid has looked pretty good lately. Wildcard chances for either of the SEA teams (TNC is always good for some upsets). In terms of entertainment factor, defintely watch Cloud9 as well. They are very unpredictable in terms of their performance (Envy doing Envy things) but they have one of the best mid players (IMO) in Fata.

Hey guys.

top 5 teams now (according to the gosugamers elo rankings):

1. Team Liquid
  2. Virtus Pro
  3. Evil Geniuses
  4. Newbee
  5. LGD

I think OG is better than newbee and LGD but they have been very meh since the major.

top picks:
  • Sand king
    dac15_cool.gif
  • Earth Shaker (offlane and mid)
    beg.gif
  • Night Stalker
    devil.gif
  • Puck
    nerd.gif
  • QoP
    relieved.gif
  • Nyx
  • Clock
    recharge.gif

venom473

I'm 4k and regularly play with a group of friends who are between 3.8k and 4.4k, but there's also one guy in our group who never really plays ranked and was 2.5k solo up until recently. He just got to 3k international ranked.
He was basically in the same situation you are in now, always playing support. He told us he wants to play something else for a change a while ago, so he started playing all the other roles as well. His offlane is kind of shit, but considering his rank he is surprisingly good with some mid heroes like Viper and Death Prophet. Sometimes he gets to play carry as well, not all of those matches end well, but it's not entirely unsuccessful either.

Maybe your can ask your friend to let you try out all the other roles, you're probably gonna have trouble adjusting at the beginning,but I feel it's worth it in the long haul. Kind of depends on your friend tho, if he's the type that get frustrated easily... it's gonna be rough.

52club

Anyone figure out which teams are playing the most games on which days during the group stages? I was wanting to set my fantasy line up.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Anyone wanna go for 3 stars on Rhyzik? It's the only 3 star I have left and I just cannot get a group of randoms who can do it. Every game there is atleast one first timer :(

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
It's always nice to see an esports figure lead a healthy lifestyle. Sets a good look for the scene for people to be in shape and not fitting the fat nerd stereotypes perpetuated out there.

Top Bottom