• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

I want the dota feed to have more info posted. not just rampages. things like :
x had a comeback from 10k gold behind !
x is on a 5 win streak!
x is on a 10 win streak with #hero
x got a new high score for kills in a single game !
x completed a quest !

also add the option to only show major achievements, for people who have lots of dota2 players in their friends list

I think it will be nice to have.

shira

I guess I undervalued how much unique coloured effects were worth, really thought they would have similar pricing to last year.
I don't get it either, they look awful and they don't match the current sets at all.
I guess there were significantly less chests this time around.

I'm kind of regretting selling early. Oh well I still made a pretty penny from it.
https://dota2.gamepedia.com/media/dota2.gamepedia.com/2/25/Wind_lasthit_03.mp3
(loud)

I want the dota feed to have more info posted. not just rampages. things like :
x had a comeback from 10k gold behind !
x is on a 5 win streak!
x is on a 10 win streak with #hero
x got a new high score for kills in a single game !
x completed a quest !

also add the option to only show major achievements, for people who have lots of dota2 players in their friends list

I think it will be nice to have.
- shira has lost 10 in a row
- shira and 4 randos have thrown a 100k gold lead with megacreeps
- shira is back in LPQ

shira

oW3yUJN.png

Mouz - no changes
poop.gif

Fuchsdh

- shira has lost 10 in a row
- shira and 4 randos have thrown a 100k gold lead with megacreeps
- shira is back in LPQ

If Valve wanted to truly piss people off, they could take a page from Halo 4, which gave you a "comeback kill" medal once you managed to break your sucking streak long enough to actually frag someone else.

Fuchsdh

So how did the witness treasures work? Was it only for people there in person at the International? And if so how'd they know you were there/attach to your ID?

Hylian7

So how did the witness treasures work? Was it only for people there in person at the International? And if so how'd they know you were there/attach to your ID?

It's only for people that were at TI in person, and your badge is RFID. There's a code on the back of it you use to link to your Steam account (or use the stations they have for it at the entrance), every time you enter or exit the arena, you scan your badge. You have to be in the arena to get the drops. If you get one, you'll get an email telling you. The next time you launch Dota, you'll see it on your account.

In the area where you could try the OpenAI Shadow Fiend bot, whether you win or lose, it prompts you to enter your badge code. They're using that to distribute the Arcanas to the winners obviously, but everyone that attempted it gets an OpenAI autograph rune.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
- Chinese pubs/scrims
- Easy trips to Japan

I think fnatic is an actual big esports company, c9 is just Jack's project

Fnatic is based out of the UK, I don't see an Envy Fnatic team being in SEA unless Envy is joining the existing team (Which is super unlike Envy). Fnatic is also historically cheap.

Quonny

The guy deleted his post fortunately i had the tab open

PeI4thC.png

He had 2 posts, the first had Pie going to fnatic too..

obviously treat it with a grain of
PJSalt.png

EDit: ok he is being downvoted to oblivion

Peederp is trying to get reso, so are OG

I wouldn't dismiss this as bull. Two of those teams are correct from what I've heard, minus one person on each of them. Two truths and a lie as to not blow their cover.

This is so much in flux, though. Things are changing by the hour, and until contract ink is dry there is kinda no point in speculating.

Why?

100% direct invites, no having to deal with trying to qualify against NA teams, ect.

$$$

Envy's goal isn't to dominate SEA, Envy's goal is to win TI. If you can't qualify from NA there's no way you're going to win TI.

I doubt that Fnatic is going to offer a lucrative enough package to lure him away from Cloud 9/ reforming Team NP.

He's still been streaming as a core these days so I doubt there's any credence to the rumor that he's going to start playing as a support, which means I don't think he's going to pull a Demon/1437 and suddenly lead a SEA team.

Nah, he had a chance to join EG. He said he wanted to make his own team from the ground up and win TI that way. He's living a shonen dream in the real world.

Pretty sure he's changed his philosophy since then; that's why he joined Secret last year.

So sure, this might be Envy changing his philosophy again and deciding to just maximize earning by going to SEA. I doubt it though.

rakkadakka said:
Let's all be honest with ourselves, EE isn't winning anything.
To be fair, he won Shanghai Major. Also to be fair, that's in the past, and maybe he's just not good enough to win anything anymore.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't consider him joining Secret as changing his philosophy significantly, since when he joined it was just him and Puppey. What he did not want to do was join an existing team as a 4th or 5th man, but build up a team, which I feel he did with his variations of Secret.

Envy definitely has an eye for talent and coming up with new tactics and drafts, though I really don't think his personal play has been too hot since 7.00 came out.

I don't consider him joining Secret as changing his philosophy significantly, since when he joined it was just him and Puppey. What he did not want to do was join an existing team as a 4th or 5th man, but build up a team, which I feel he did with his variations of Secret.

Envy definitely has an eye for talent and coming up with new tactics and drafts, though I really don't think his personal play has been too hot since 7.00 came out.

He was at his best when he had a strong captain/drafter, if he is captaining this upcomming season then its over

Keeping crit....... IDK.....

Unless he is just playing and not drafting.......

Cr1t was a Top 5 Pos 4 player when he was on OG. I think the problem was he transitioned to a Pos 5 and tried to keep playing the 5 pos like the 4 pos. You would see him trying to initiate fights way more often than he should have been. Honestly I think he would excel as a Pos 3 or 4 player, but never a hard 5 like PPD or Solo--which is what EG wanted him to play. I love the idea of RTZ/SumaiL/Zai/Cr1t/Misery. That's a team that wins LANs.

TI4 5-6th
TI5 9-11th
TI6 12-16th
TI7 12-16th
TI8 DNQ
misc-fEEd.png

Sounds about right. The more responsibility he has within the team that more they fail.

Qvoth

fucking pajkatt? hahaha
puppey can't be that dumb right?

i don't see ee ever going into a team that's NOT north american/canadian, because his english is really hard to understand for someone who's not fluent in american english, hell even americans don't understand his speech

not sure about ccnc in zai and ppd stack as well

doubt this is legit but we'll see

fucking pajkatt? hahaha
puppey can't be that dumb right?

i don't see ee ever going into a team that's NOT north american/canadian, because his english is really hard to understand for someone who's not fluent in american english, hell even americans don't understand his speech

not sure about ccnc in zai and ppd stack as well

doubt this is legit but we'll see

Pajkatt is very good. He was the only person they mentioned that was ever able to beat OpenAI for the record.

he beat him just for 1 game afaik and it was exploiting the AI with creep skipping, after that the AI was patched or some shit and he couldn't beat him again

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/6u5khj/team_liquid_salaries_range_from_100k_to_200k/
liquid players' annual salary is 100-200k usd? holy fuck that's really insane, i have no idea they're earning such big money
and vp players are getting 20k euro per month? shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Brb grinding for 5 years to get to 7.5k and failing to join tier 4 teams.

he beat him just for 1 game afaik and it was exploiting the AI with creep skipping, after that the AI was patched or some shit and he couldn't beat him again

In his defense, nobody even beat that thing once. He's a great player, just hasn't had the best luck with teams. If N0tail can win TI's as a Pos 1 I have no doubt Pajkatt could.

Yazzees

pajkatt got the first dota 2 rampage and he did it on fucking SNEBBER

bow before ur king??

he's a great player and completely deserves to be on a tier 1 team

Top Bottom