• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The tournament scene post TI5 has been pretty poor for spectators IMO, especially the post TI6 one. I think my issue is that the teams tend to only play a few days every month, where in the Pre-TI5 days, usually teams played several days every week. I know it was harder on the players, but it was a lot more fun to watch when you can always find a match played on any day if you were following 2 or 3 teams. There is a lot of days where none of the bigger teams are playing. At least that is my perception.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It doesn't not let you purchase the Point Bundles anymore if you try to go though checkout, but maybe it would let you buy the Battle Pass itself still..

a harpy

It doesn't not let you purchase the Point Bundles anymore if you try to go though checkout, but maybe it would let you buy the Battle Pass itself still..

Ahh yeah. I hadn't actually tried to go through checkout yet. I was gonna pick it up tomorrow when I got paid.

You guys are surely right. It stops you from buying it. I guess I could have answered that myself. Thanks for the insight!

Dota 2 jumped the shark some time last year tbh

2013-2015 was its prime

>6.82 was during the prime

thinking.gif

Yazzees

i give up on trying to truly love post-7.00 doto tbh. it always leaves a sour taste in my mouth win or lose. even HOHO HAHA held my attention more. it'll never grip me like TI2-TI3 era doto did. maybe it's just nostalgia because that's the year i really cut my teeth on the game.

i'm playing league more often at this point, and to give an idea of how little i played that, my account is from 2012 and doesn't have enough games played to queue ranked

what's the next big esport. sure as fuck isn't overwatch.

pronk420

Is anyone else playing this on a MacBook? I'm trying to learn and its nearly impossible because the frame rate keeps dipping, and its really jerky when scrolling. I've tried setting all the cpu/gpu level options to 0 in the video.txt cfg file and switching off the steam overlay and it doesn't help.

shira

Is anyone else playing this on a MacBook? I'm trying to learn and its nearly impossible because the frame rate keeps dipping, and its really jerky when scrolling. I've tried setting all the cpu/gpu level options to 0 in the video.txt cfg file and switching off the steam overlay and it doesn't help.
Ever since the last year you kinda need a dedicated gpu and a recent cpu.

I imagine it's not optomized for apple OS either.

-dx11 and full screen seem to help on my windows lapper

pronk420

Ever since the last year you kinda need a dedicated gpu and a recent cpu.

I imagine it's not optomized for apple OS either.

-dx11 and full screen seem to help on my windows lapper

:( It does seem to use a lot of shader effects even on the lowest settings.

shira

24027086531_f85a78cb81_o.png

I really hope that Loda has a good plan, that Akke is on board. They need to stop the only Swedish player bullshit because there are enough good free players out there to build a solid Tier 2 team
Loda is 29.
He can surround himself with four 9-10k players but at some point in time he's going to have to realize that they aren't the problem.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do I get my Arcana yet? I really don't want to have to bug the open AI guys personally about it, but I want my prize.

Edit: They added Easy Mode to Siltbreaker! Thank you Valve for giving us Scrubs something, even if it gives no rewards.

JoeInky

I just failed easy mode on the part where there are so many skeletons that the game crawls along at like 5fps.

It seems cooler than the first part because it atleast has custom enemy models but I have no interest in playing it at the moment.

Artanisix

Beat it with my group of buddies. Act 2 is SIGNIFICANTLY better made than Act 1, and a lot more doable without dumb shit ending your run (traps, bristleback, etc). The bosses are waaay cooler and have custom models. Siltbreaker even has custom voice acting!

Protip: Zeus ultimate is super OP. Everyone stack on boss -> Zeus ulti -> dead boss

Hylian7

https://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

I'm gonna try streaming a couple games.

Please let me know how the audio is...I got a Blue Yeti on the recent Amazon sale and this is the first time I Have tried streaming it. I've tried to minimize the keyboard from being obnoxious, but please let me know if it's too obnoxious. Anyway here we go.

shira

https://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

I'm gonna try streaming a couple games.

Please let me know how the audio is...I got a Blue Yeti on the recent Amazon sale and this is the first time I Have tried streaming it. I've tried to minimize the keyboard from being obnoxious, but please let me know if it's too obnoxious. Anyway here we go.

keyboard is kinda noisy, mic seems good - lulshaker

From an interview with Navi CEO

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/6uopos/navi_ceo_players_dont_believe_in_dendi_anymore/

Reporter: Fans saying that Dendi isn't that good, he has a lot of haters and people say that players don't want to join Na'Vi 'cause of him. What can you say?

I like his loyality. He didn't go when he had a chance. For example, when he could've joined OG. I know he can win, I saw him winning. I know fans don't believe in him. Not only fans but players too. I don't know what to do in this situation.

Top Bottom