• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Helix will consider porting new Strider to Wii U if there’s demand

Capcom announced a new Strider game during a Comic-Con panel this week. There was initially some confusion about the game coming to Wii U, as someone who was live-tweeting from the event said that it would indeed head to Nintendo’s console.

As it turns out, the official announcement confirmed that a Wii U version isn’t in the works. But that doesn’t mean Strider has been completely ruled out for the system. The same person who live-tweeted from Capcom’s presentation caught up with developer Double Helix following the panel and was told that the game could be ported over “if there’s a demand for it.”

For now, if you’re interested in the new Strider, you’ll need to settle for another platform – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, or PC.

http://nintendoeverything.com/doubl...orting-new-strider-to-wii-u-if-theres-demand/

I'm happy they aren't just ignoring it, but the odds are slim I'd think. I mean, they could just not mention the existence of the wiiu.

I sure would love it though.

So basically it'll be another half-assed port that comes out six months/ a year later with little to no additional content is what they're saying.

Yeah, basically it really means they aren't going to make a wii u version because, you know, no one owns one. If console sales pick up after zelda and Mario games, maybe it still has a chance.

Microsoft announced a new Halo game during E3 a few months ago. There was initially some confusion about the game coming to Wii U, as someone who was live-tweeting from the event said that it would indeed head to Nintendo’s console.

As it turns out, the official announcement confirmed that a Wii U version isn’t in the works. But that doesn’t mean Halo has been completely ruled out for the system. The same person who live-tweeted from Microsoft’s presentation caught up with developer 343 Industries following the conference and was told that the game could be ported over “if there’s a demand for it.”

For now, if you’re interested in the new Halo, you’ll need to settle for another platform – Xbox One

TreIII

Awww. After only hanging out with Capcom a short while, they're already picking up their new buddy's habits~! It's so precious!

Sendou

If I play it I play it on Steam.

"If there's demand" is such a no answer because it doesn't tell anything. Every game is ported because somebody thinks there's demand. Either port it or don't but please not this anymore.

Nintendo fans only care about cutesy anime shit like Kirby, Sonic, and Mega Man, though, right? Why would anyone make a game about cool Ninjas and shit on the Wii U?

Marcel

I demand Double Helix not make games for any consoles I own.

BTkJm4B.gif

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I wouldn't mind a Wii U version of this, but I hate having to "beg".

Frumix

Suffering From Success
In SDCC presentation of this game it was said the game was made because of "fan demand". Because apparently there's more people wishing for a Strider game than the ressurection of Mega Man. Nobody knows how Capcom counts demand!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
For the mythically ravenous non PS3, non-Xbox 360, non-PC but WiiU only owners.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Don't make gamers do your marketing for you. Either take a chance and release it on the system or don't.

D-e-f-

Banned
I wouldn't mind a Wii U version of this, but I hate having to "beg".

Exactly. They're putting us in a shitty position. Why should there be demand for a game we know barely anything about?

Of course I am potentially interested in any game. It has to be good or at least appeal to my personal tastes once its down before I buy it.

Now if I say "Yes, I hereby express demand for a Wii U version" and the game turns out to be crap and I don't buy it, it gets blamed on the Wii U audience not "being there" or whatever.

Developers and publishers need to realize that there's a potential market for their products EVERYWHERE. It's on them to create a quality product and sell that product to those people. Making us essentially "beg" for the potential of getting the game is not a way to do that.

I think its a cop out when a dev says this. Even if you got on twitter, or started some kind of pettion they could say "We just didnt see it." Showing demand for something isnt a very good metric because its not easily measured. Even then the people who demanded it might not acutally buy it.

I'm happy they aren't just ignoring it, but the odds are slim I'd think. I mean, they could just not mention the existence of the wiiu.

I sure would love it though.

They were asked about it and gave a PR response. At the moment, it's really hard to "demonstrate demand" if your platform is the Wii U.

It's a retro IP, and a metroidvania?

Aren't those two things that Nintendo fans normally eat up?

That would be like SEGA announcing a Sonic game for everything except Wii U and would consider it if demand could be proven.

Also: did the other consoles have to prove demand prior to getting the game? If so, how?

Murrah

Banned
Nope, I and many others already experienced enough heartbreak during the Wii days of developers asking us to beg. Throw the ball first if you want me to fetch it

Assuming the game even turns out good (it does look surprisingly all right so far) I'll just get the PC version a year later for five bucks so whatever

Top Bottom