• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Helix will consider porting new Strider to Wii U if there’s demand

Eh, I think it's less about this game and more about the unresolved tensions related to the ongoing "Nintendo versus third parties" discussion.

Yep, it's been building up through the course of wiiu exclusions throughout the last year. I will say essentially telling fan to grovel for games is quite demeaning though
Shame, you would think this is somewhat decent news for the platform owners.

No its worse news because 99% of the time the games dont come and its just a waste of time. Also this game doesn't even look that great so i dont know who is suppose to beg for this.

I'm usually of the mindset that people who buy systems that are failing shouldn't expect all these games, but i dont like developers being dicks and pussyfooting around the fact they have no plans and while the ps4/xbone will have a healthier base for more games there is 0 demand on those platforms. Also how the hell do you gauge demand. The best thing to do is to say it isn't coming, but maybe if the platform turns around in the future they'll reevaluate porting their engine for fuure games

Hattori

Banned
This is a classless thing to do on Double Helix's behalf. All they are doing is getting people's hopes up trying to drum up hype by exploiting a certain fanbase desperate for any third party support.

Yagharek

This is a classless thing to do on Double Helix's behalf. All they are doing is getting people's hopes up trying to drum up hype by exploiting a certain fanbase desperate for any third party support.

I agree its classless. However it seems to be the Capcpcom MO in recent years.

That said, if anyone really wants to make it clear they want the game, perhaps the best way to show it is a spike of purchases of the Strider game on Virtual console? If it succeeds, you get one great game and more third party support. If it fails, you still have one great game.

NEO0MJ

I agree its classless. However it seems to be the Capcpcom MO in recent years.

That said, if anyone really wants to make it clear they want the game, perhaps the best way to show it is a spike of purchases of the Strider game on Virtual console? If it succeeds, you get one great game and more third party support. If it fails, you still have one great game.

You mean the same way people supported the RE games on wii only to get more rail shooters?
It's easy to see why some Wii U owners feel that they don't need this, they've been through the same experience before.

Yagharek

You mean the same way people supported the RE games on wii only to get more rail shooters?

Well, that's the likely outcome. But those people at least got a great game in RE4, and missed out on the duds that were RE5 and 6.

If anyone buys Strider (I think the megadrive version is the one on VC) then they get a great game for $5. Low risk, high reward, and relevant way to show demand.

I agree though - I cant think of any example where "showing demand" has ever resulted in a port to Wii/DS/3DS etc. It's a lost cause because Capcpcom have lied time after time after time.

But the first Strider is a really good game at least.

Top Bottom