• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Helix will consider porting new Strider to Wii U if there’s demand

Decider

Hard to accurately assess demand for a Wii U port when people are being put off the current versions precisely because of who's developing it.

It's a retro IP, and a metroidvania?

Aren't those two things that Nintendo fans normally eat up?

That would be like SEGA announcing a Sonic game for everything except Wii U and would consider it if demand could be proven.

Also: did the other consoles have to prove demand prior to getting the game? If so, how?

Sorta like the South Park guys saying that their game is inspired by EarthBound and a bunch of other Nintendo games and Skyrim... but then the publishers (first THQ, now Ubisoft) aren't porting the PS360 game to Wii U, even though in the same span of time Ubi took over the game, they turned Rayman Legends from Wii U to PS3, PSVita and 360. I don't even think it's Matt and Trey's fault, really.

As an owner of the wii u and vita i was disappointed that it wasn't coming to either platform because it seems like a nice fit for both.

But then i saw it was double helix and I felt better.

They were asked about it and gave a PR response. At the moment, it's really hard to "demonstrate demand" if your platform is the Wii U.

I guess you're right. Maybe I just don't follow these PR stuff, but I'd expect them to either not answer it or say the WiiU is crap, that's why I wasn't too sad about their reply.

What is this? We need demands now before a game gets made? That shouldn't be the case.

No, thats not what i mean. Would there be a big demand if the game wouldn't have been announced?

Nope.

And considering the developer, i really don't have any intentions on getting it anywhere. Ever.

rjc571

Banned
Looking at the list of games they've developed, I doubt there's going to be any demand for their game on any platform.

Goody

Yeah, I would love to get the game on Wii U. This kind of talk has hardly ever brought about results though.

tsab

wait a minute this is a full 60$ game?
this looked like a 15$ psn/xbla game

LOL

boy this gonna bomba hard

So basically it'll be another half-assed port that comes out six months/ a year later with little to no additional content is what they're saying.

Pretty much yeah. This fucking BS was getting old when they pulled the shit on Wii.

You can almost already hear their whining when the shit late ports aren't selling.

I love how Double Helix thinks they have any saying in what platforms their game is being developed for. The moment Capcom says to do it, they work on a Wii U Version like good coding monkeys, existing demand or not.

That said, i have semi demand, would buy the game after a good demo or at a sale, i would buy it for Wii U if available, if not the same procedure applies for PS3/X360 or PS4.

But i think it is stupid to develop a game for every console today sans one. Go FULL multiplatform or leave it be.

I wonder whats the cost of porting a cross platform/generation to Wii U and slapping the Wii U logo on pre-existing marketing materials? With all of these middleware tools that extend to multiple consoles and PC its hard to believe that Wii U versions cost that much more to develop alongside with the other versions. As opposed to the cost making a WiiU sku after the fact. But I could be totally ill-informed on the subject. But still all boils down to no Wii U version.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Well, I'd likely buy it if it came to Wii U, but I doubt I'll pick it up for other consoles, so there's that.

I have no firest-hand experience with Double Helix, so I don't yet have a reason to doubt the game like it seems like so may others do.

Top Bottom