• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doujin Games at Comiket 85

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
LTqHh.jpg

Wiki if you don't know what Comiket is.

I'm in Japan for Comiket this year, but no way in hell am I going! Especially on my birthday ( ≖‿≖) But you should go and buy doujin games.

Edelweiss' Preview Compilation Video 51:04
Edelweiss' Preview Compilation Video - Original Titles Only (no Touhou) 31:22

Video includes (homepage links):
CroixleurΣ
BREAKS LP
Physius
REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR
ASTEBREED
Yakouga 6
ありふれたホシの終末期NextPhase(パッケージ版)
艦がんな~VR -大和編-
SoulSaber2 ver1.10
STEEL STRIDER
Sky Lens
Fallendom

And more :0
Soul Saber looks pretty cool.

SHMUP / STG list

C84 Thread
C83 Thread
C82 Thread

Oh good, people on NeoGAF are fans of doujin games.

I didn't see too many people talk about Touhou, or Recettear, or Fortune Summoners, or so forth. So I thought I might be very alone.
The doujin industry is probably my favourite part of the Japanese gaming industry. I only wish it were easier to get ahold of the software.

I didn't see too many people talk about Touhou, or Recettear, or Fortune Summoners, or so forth. So I thought I might be very alone.
The doujin industry is probably my favourite part of the Japanese gaming industry. I only wish it were easier to get ahold of the software.

People talk of Recettear in the Steam thread, they don't talk about much else because they can't even get them or understand them. What's the point.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So sad I never got a chance to go to Comiket when I was in Japan. I need my doujin g
No it's exactly what you think I'm talking about.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently we're getting the new version of Croixleur when it comes to steam as the steam edition

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
You're crazy not to go!! Remember that games are day 3 now, and if you show up after 12, it won't be that bad.

I thought they were only 30 and 31st still?

Anyway I've no desire to go, really. People from my thesis lab are going for some research project so I guess I could tag along but they're just going day 1 and not going on my birthday :v

I thought they were only 30 and 31st still?

Anyway I've no desire to go, really. People from my thesis lab are going for some research project so I guess I could tag along but they're just going day 1 and not going on my birthday :v
It's always three days ;)

KDR_11k

Revolver 360 was great (it's on the Xbox 360's indie games store so easily available), I was wondering what's up with Re:Actor. Good to hear that it's finally coming out.

Will definitely be looking at Steel Strider, Armed Seven and Satazius are very fun.

The screenshots of Physius look like arse... If you do want physics in your shmup I'd suggest ProtoGalaxy which gives you a gravity gun-style tractor beam.

Gamerloid

Nice crowd in the pic. Keep thriving Doujin Software.

DoujinGAF. Believe.

Still waiting for ZUN to come back into reality and put Touhou on Steam. You have western fans!

killatopak

I wish I was there just to see if there's a team there with the future to become one of the most known companies in the Japanese market ala Type-Moon.

gngf123

I remember playing Croixleur before. It was alright, actually. Could be better but I enjoyed the few hours I spent with it. Wonder how good Σ will be.

I'll be looking out for good shmups as always. Shame a lot of them never make their way over here.

Some have very little text, and with Cave...not doing so well we'll say, there's a market for that with good marketing.

I can't say this %100 sure, but most people don't even know the vast majority of doujin games until they get released here. Recettear was practically unknown until it got into Steam, like many other games.

I only know Touhou because some people I play other games with (TF2/Dota2) use some of them as avatars and I asked.

RedSwirl

Steel Strider looks like a good throwback to Assault Suits and Metal Warriors. I've been waiting for an indie to try to bring back side scrolling mech games.

Oh, doujin thread on GAF? FINALLY!

Well, if you guys loved Steel Strider, we are putting out GIGANTIC ARMY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6JSp6tHBwo) very soon and we already have Armed Seven out: http://www.armedseven.com/

Gigantic Army is the title inspired by Assault Suits Valken... and you guys will be getting that soon! Steel Strider is more geared towards Turrican/Contra-style. Still, full of awesome mecha goodness.

And we'll put out the '70s giant robot anime inspired Supercharged Robot Vulkaiser, complete with animu OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwHxReZnDlg

Here is the article we wrote for the occasion: http://nyu-media.com/news/presenting-the-nyu-media-winter-spring-line-up/

Astro Port really knows how to make dem robots. They are huge fans of the mechanical/robotic carnage.

Indeed, Croixleur on Steam will be based on Croixleur Sigma, which comes with a plethora of enhancements.

I just realised so much is going on but I didn't have the time to report on any news or anything. Way too much work at hand.

edit: I highly approve of a DoujinGAF!

Momentary

Banned
Goddamn!!!! Is ASTEBREED and REVOLVER360 have any announcements on making their way to Steam? Or at least some Humble Store deal like Danmaku Unlimited 2?

KDR_11k

Goddamn!!!! Is ASTEBREED and REVOLVER360 have any announcements on making their way to Steam? Or at least some Humble Store deal like Danmaku Unlimited 2?

Revolver 360 was the XBox 360 game, the new one is called Re:Actor. Because the Japanese just love that pun...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Nice crowd in the pic. Keep thriving Doujin Software.

Sure, that's what the crowd is for ( ≖‿≖)

Isn't astebreed on steam already? I guess I'm thinking ether vapor.

Oh, doujin thread on GAF? FINALLY!

I just realised so much is going on but I didn't have the time to report on any news or anything. Way too much work at hand.

edit: I highly approve of a DoujinGAF!

If someone at your work is bored and ends up posting something like this, let us know!
http://nyu-media.com/comiket-83-circles/

I can't say this %100 sure, but most people don't even know the vast majority of doujin games until they get released here. Recettear was practically unknown until it got into Steam, like many other games.

I only know Touhou because some people I play other games with (TF2/Dota2) use some of them as avatars and I asked.

" there's a market for that with good marketing." :D

Marketing from the localizers and fan hype scratching each others' backs.

Evilisk

DoujinGAF. Believe.

Still waiting for ZUN to come back into reality and put Touhou on Steam. You have western fans!

It will never happen :/

Also I would be okay with a DoujinGAF OT, though I'm not sure if it would survive with how little Doujin interest there seems to be here on GAF

Any reason for me to go to this if I'm not that big of an anime/doujin fan? I went to an earlier one but I had only just recently arrived in Japan and got lost taking the trains. It was dying down when I showed up and I only really saw some cosplayers before I left.

Dio

Banned
アスタブリード looks really, really good. Wanna play that game.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
It will never happen :/

Also I would be okay with a DoujinGAF OT, though I'm not sure if it would survive with how little Doujin interest there seems to be here on GAF

Anything can survive, but it wouldn't be popular that's for sure.

Any reason for me to go to this if I'm not that big of an anime/doujin fan? I went to an earlier one but I had only just recently arrived in Japan and got lost taking the trains. It was dying down when I showed up and I only really saw some cosplayers before I left.

No. If you don't want to buy doujinshi (or games) or exclusive works/merch for non-doujin stuff then there's no point in going.

Psxphile

Well, if you guys loved Steel Strider, we are putting out GIGANTIC ARMY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6JSp6tHBwo) very soon and we already have Armed Seven out: http://www.armedseven.com/

Gigantic Army is the title inspired by Assault Suits Valken... and you guys will be getting that soon!

wPZVWgD.jpg

That's my jam right there. Right there. DAMN. Been wanting to play something akin to Cybernator and Metal Warriors again. This is going to scratch that itch. I just hope the soundtrack is up to the task.

wPZVWgD.jpg

That's my jam right there. Right there. DAMN. Been wanting to play something akin to Cybernator and Metal Warriors again. This is going to scratch that itch. I just hope the soundtrack is up to the task.

I'm listening to the music as I type. It's all funky and badass, really goes well with the giant robots. Nothing like tearing apart a Dreadnought-class Giant Manned Combat Robot (or M.C.R.)

Working on certain aspects of the game and I just got the story side from our almighty japanese-master-reading boss. I freaking LOVE Gigantic Army so hope people will feel the same, heh. Well, anything that has robots and mechs is pretty much my karma.

Oh, and yes, Steel Strider has heaps of references to the previous games. So freaking good. Lovers of Contra (or maybe the european counterpart, Probotector) will feel right at home and, moreover, it has a time mechanic so speedrunners will also like it.

Tain

been trying to get people to recognize astro port for some time now

Yakouga 6 almost looks good in stills...

Top Bottom