• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doujin Games at Comiket 87

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
ovs5kjR.jpg

Merry Christmas edition.

Wiki if you don't know what Comiket is.

Edelweiss Preview Homepage
Shmup / STG game list
Separate video & game homepage list

Preview Video:
Full list (1h15m)

VOXQUARTER looks weird but Hacker Beat (27:30) looks cool. Finally some otoge. Go to hell, Touhou! Why are people still making Touhou games in 2014, anyway.

Some stuff:
ダンジョンズ&ダークネス (37:45) is this King's Field? That mimic... this is also an android game IIRC.
伊 (41:40)
艦がんなーVR -艦隊出撃編- (1:03:00)

Previous Threads:
C82
C83
C84
C85
C86

gngf123

Good job Ponpo.

Always like looking through Edelweiss' preview videos. Will do so now to see if there is anything that looks interesting.

I expect Playism will be there again this time scouting for games to bring over, as they always do.

Mostly looking forward to any good STG's.

Edit: Ahaha that Touhou racing game.

Hacker's Beat seems to be Audiosurf designed in mind for touch typists...hope y'all don't get carpel tunnel! Voxquarter could also be interesting, a sound/rhythm-based "RPG" (can't figure out if the player's exploring dungeons represented by a Fez-like world map). Cavy House's got some kind of lab-setting horticulture and economy management game, which looks and sounds nice as well. STG at 42:15's going to have its fans here because of the revisionist pixel-art visuals. NonetConcertoDistortion# might be worth trying for musuo/arena wave combat fans (like the music at least).

Really excited for Dungeons & Darkness, which Playism ought to bring over. It's a first-person dungeon crawler styled kind of like King's Field (and Ultima Underworld II by proxy). Polygonal engine's in good shape, though assets can be low-poly or textured with smudges. Assuming it has good options for graphics/audio customization, a localization for digital download might work out (this depends also on whether or not it will appeal to a doujin or CRPG audience). Ghost4 92 will be interesting at the least, though I remember seeing a game like it from C86.

Encouragingly, most of the content is not based on Touhou. I wonder if the Phoenix Wright parody's based on a drama though.

gngf123

Nothing really looked great this time around.
"Dungeons and Darkness", Voxquarter and Kan-Gunner VR seemed interesting and Progress 2nd had a good video but couldn't tell what it was, seemed maybe like a VN but didn't have the ADV tag.

The biggest news for me from all this is that some doujin developers are using Unity now. I wonder what the Japanese documentation is like for that.

Dungeons & Darkness and the return showing of that one flashy as hell sword duel game were the standouts---but definitely some growing momentum on display on the entire range and lot of it.

Nothing really looked great this time around.
"Dungeons and Darkness", Voxquarter and Kan-Gunner VR seemed interesting and Progress 2nd had a good video but couldn't tell what it was, seemed maybe like a VN but didn't have the ADV tag.

The biggest news for me from all this is that some doujin developers are using Unity now. I wonder what the Japanese documentation is like for that.

Didnt 8-4 help translate the documentation? Maybe im totally wrong.

The kings field like game looked very atmospheric, I wish I could get these games on Steam and follow their progress.. shame it seems worlds away.

Dungeons & Darkness is nice and all, but Nonet Concerto Distortion is gorgeous. I also liked RedOut, the racing game, SkyLens, Hacker's Beat, Voxquarter, Magical X Spiral, that samurai game with the thick line art, and Ghost 942.

Good job Ponpo.

Always like looking through Edelweiss' preview videos. Will do so now to see if there is anything that looks interesting.

I expect Playism will be there again this time scouting for games to bring over, as they always do.

Mostly looking forward to any good STG's.

Edit: Ahaha that Touhou racing game.

You're damn right we will be! And 2015 should be a VERY interesting year for us! :)

Really excited for Dungeons & Darkness, which Playism ought to bring over. It's a first-person dungeon crawler styled kind of like King's Field (and Ultima Underworld II by proxy). Polygonal engine's in good shape, though assets can be low-poly or textured with smudges. Assuming it has good options for graphics/audio customization, a localization for digital download might work out (this depends also on whether or not it will appeal to a doujin or CRPG audience). Ghost4 92 will be interesting at the least, though I remember seeing a game like it from C86.

I am personally interested in this one and have talked with the developer a couple of times. I am pretty sure the majority of the assets are actually just pulled from the Unity asset store, though I may be misremembering!

Momentary

Banned
I think the link to the STGs goes to the Comiket 86. I found the link to 87, but I still wish they would have picture or something for me to distinguish what the hell each one is.

They've already got the trailers up.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/08/watch-all-the-comiket-88-game-trailers-right-here/

See some STGs and RPGs that look great.

Thank you for posting that link, I recognized some games that already got or are getting a version in the west. The games that caught my attention were

Zangeki Warp
Black Maria Overdrive
Hekatoncheir
Yohjo Simulatot (Japanese take on Goat Simulator lol)
Blue Revolver
Torquel - Already released on Steam

FluxWaveZ

Where's the new thread? I thought of creating one when I saw the video, but I figured that was ponpo's thing. Someone else should make one, though, because seeing those games is fascinating. I wish Japanese indie developers had a better outlet to share their games at instead of conventions like Comiket and such.

Also, it put a smile on my face to see that the devs behind "Cherry Tree High Comedy Club" seem to be making another game, seemingly "Cherry Tree High Fight Club."

Edit: There, made one.

Top Bottom