• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doujin Games at Comiket 89

PantsuJo

BattleCrust seems really cool. PicorinneSoft is talking with Playsim to port the game outside of Japan, just like Infinos 2.
I wonder if there are news about the Siter Skain game named Armed Dragoon (right?)... Is it playable at C89? New gameplay videos?

Jazz573

Would it be similar to demoscene devs?

It's sort of a cross between demoscene and the indiescene. In the early days most doujinsoft (as opposed to Manga, Music, CG sets) were Music Disks, usually a black screen with the song title, and composer, and a little blurb about it. Later they had actual graphics, usually with the screen divided into sections.The graphic on one side, the title and composer on top, and the comments on the other side. I can get some screens if you'd like.

Do they offer the game digitally?

Some circles do, but even if there isn't a digital copy, they often have a trial on the website. If you want to buy physical stuff, Amazon.co.jp and J-List/J-Box (English site dedicated to Japanese imports) do carry that stuff. Do note tho, a large portion are only sold at Comiket and other similar events.

Here's the site for Imalice.

Momentary

Banned
Some circles do, but even if there isn't a digital copy, they often have a trial on the website. If you want to buy physical stuff, Amazon.co.jp and J-List/J-Box (English site dedicated to Japanese imports) do carry that stuff. Do note tho, a large portion are only sold at Comiket and other similar events.

Here's the site for Imalice.

They could easily make a couple of bucks putting this game on Playism or some other digital distribution. The game looks like a high quality shooter and it looks to have the same sort of "stage" layouts like Escatos and Silversword.

My heart hurts right now.

Coreda

These yummy graphics. God I love nice 1:1 proportion 2D pixel art.

8ba1Ygc.png
la2xTVs.png
VUKXBvE.png

Where is this available to buy, only at the expo? I see the demo on the site but the Google translation is rough.

@MUWANdo

Banned
They could easily make a couple of bucks putting this game on Playism or some other digital distribution. The game looks like a high quality shooter and it looks to have the same sort of "stage" layouts like Escatos and Silversword.

My heart hurts right now.

It'll definitely be made available digitally on English storefronts when it's done, the problem is... it isn't done. Progress has been slow.

The dev put out another game on Playism earlier this year called i-20000; it's a submarine hori with a sonar gimmick that's surprisingly polished for something they put together in less than a month: http://playism-games.com/game/216/i-20000

28m Lionheart II: Not bad. Good art, good buttrock.

55m Akashic force looks like an interesting twist on the Battle Tetris form.

1h15m Man, Cavyhouse has visual design down PAT.

1h17m OH GOD WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE?!?!

Momentary

Banned
Imalice works with my PS4/PS3 stick right from the start without any issues. I also figured out how to set it to fullscreen. The only issue is that I don't know what the hell the other options mean. Anyone here fluent in Japanese?

Also those other 2 patches are for the submarine game they have.

EXMaster

It will be released on Playsim, for sure, as done for Infinos 2.
But PicorinneSoft is trying to publish its games also on Steam.

I got wise to Battle Crust when it got announced earlier in the year when I found out the one and only Hyakutaro Tsukumo was doing the soundtrack. Hope it gets released soon and that Playism is on it. It seems like a prime Steam candidate given this whole Transition shmup PC movement. That also goes for Imarisu, whenever it gets finished, since it looks rad.

@MUWANdo

Banned
You dudes know it's called Imalice, right? Are people machine-translating the name without actually looking at the game or something?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Forgive my lack of Japanese understanding. Whatever it's called, the point stands that it looks hot.

It's cool, I've just seen it reported that way in a lot of places (including sites like Siliconera that were probably just lifting their info from this thread) and it's like, are people even looking at the game? The files, website, etc have "imalice" written everywhere.

Top Bottom