• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doujin Games at Comiket 86

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
0I3oqBR.jpg

That (2nd) time of the year again キタ━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ッ

Wiki if you don't know what Comiket is.

Edelweiss Preview Homepage
Shmup / STG game list

Preview Videos:
Full list (1h)
Original IPs only (39m)

Won't bother with home pages since I think those go unused in the former threads, but Sky Lens, RaidersSphere4th, 夜光蛾6, NeoAquarium2 (lol), 星追いの巫女, Ninetail, しゃぼんふぁんたじあ ちょびっと!, etc. look good.

Magischer Regenschrim for cutest game of the year?

Shoutouts to Articalys for the reminder.

Previous Threads:
C82
C83
C84
C85

Tizoc

At work so i can't view the stuff you've posted but...
What games don't have generic high school girls or kids, or the typical moesluts and loliwhores? Basically non-cliche or trite character designs?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
At work so i can't view the stuff you've posted but...
What games don't have generic high school girls or kids, or the typical moesluts and loliwhores? Basically non-cliche or trite character designs?

Ninja Rising, RaidersSphere4th, Wolflame, 夜光蛾6, most of the stuff I mentioned I think. Some of them do but only in the art and not while you're playing so yeah.

Won't be a fan of Magischer Regenschrim I guess (._. )

Tizoc

Ninja Rising, RaidersSphere4th, Wolflame, 夜光蛾6, most of the stuff I mentioned I think. Some of them do but only in the art and not while you're playing so yeah.

Won't be a fan of Magischer Regenschrim I guess (._. )

Well to be fair, I can overlook the designs if the characterization isn't trite/cliche/suffers from anime tropes.
Like the character appears as your generic anime character, but in time the character subverts various tropes and manages to stand out and be an actually interesting character, then yeah I'm down for that too.

TnK

What's the use of posting a comiket thread if we can't get the doujin shmup games?

Seriously though, is there a way to get the really good indie japanese games that are in comiket? The none too moe cliche ones, and present an interesting new idea?

Mecha

RaidersSphere4th and GHost94 are the best looking games to me, but I would probably spend the most time on べくたーぶらいむ!.

Josephl64

sadly I don't believe there's any way for us to get those games unless we go to the event...well, I guess some will have them available on their site

Evilisk

The first game looks good. Name? Info?

The first game looks like an Ys clone.

I want it, it helps that you get to play as Sakuya.

It's a Touhou (fan)game, it's called Touhou Koukishin. We were even talking about it a while back in the Touhou Community thread

wait, that is this about rose and camellia? (I can't view the video right now)
There's a new game (here's a bad screencap)

TnK

Hey ponpo, is comiket in august really bad compared to winter comiket? Also, how crowded is the place usually?

Loads of interesting doujins in that vid, it's good to see so many 3D / action games that aren't Touhou.

sadly I don't believe there's any way for us to get those games unless we go to the event...well, I guess some will have them available on their site

Some of the better doujins that use original IP's will probably come westwards at some point, Edelwiess, PlatineDispostif, Astroport and also Revolver360 who made that Strider clone are almost certain to be localised as they've already have games over here.

Also there were ways to get hold of doujins legally, either through importing or the odd release downloadable from DLsite.

EDIT Is there any news on how Territoire is coming along?

Josephl64

SonyToo!™;124788560 said:
Loads of interesting doujins in that vid, it's good to see so many 3D / action games that aren't Touhou.

Some of the better doujins that use original IP's will probably come westwards at some point, Edelwiess, PlatineDispostif, Astroport and also Revolver360 who made that Strider clone are almost certain to be localised as they've already have games over here.

Also there were ways to get hold of doujins legally, either through importing or the odd release downloadable from DLsite.

EDIT Is there any news on how Territoire is coming along?

Ah I don't need them to be localized, but I'd like to have a physical ver. via import so that's why I mentioned their sites as maybe the only shot? It's good to know that some of them will be localized though.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Hey ponpo, is comiket in august really bad compared to winter comiket? Also, how crowded is the place usually?

o3ifKB2.jpg

Crowded! And I think summer is worse just based on heat and sickening summer tokyo humidity.

Bah, time to scramble for the Cyberconnect2 stuff again. I can't go there myself so have to order it all online and stuff is generally gone within a few minutes :S

Dambrosi

Banned
That game at 19:05 (of this video) is amazing (also wasn't there a really old flash game that played the same?)
Yes indeed, Rose & Camellia. This seems to be a refined (...sorry) and heavily expanded version of the original. I think it'd be a perfect mobile/touchscreen game, myself.

This one, Adventure of Scarlet Curiosity (the Ys clone in the beginning), Wolflame and the neat fighting-platformer that reminds me of Abyss Odyssey SkyLens seem to be the picks of the crop so far. Oh, and Neo Aquarium 2 just looks nutso.

Some pleasant surprises here. Raiders Sphere 4th, Ninja Rising, Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity...that's three action games in a row that I'd buy. It'll be a while after the Comiket release till they start working on Western Steam releases, though.

RM8

The RPGs are loli, the shmups are loli, the platformers are loli. Some of these look good, though, but it's hard not wanting to see more variety.

Neo Aquarium 2 needs to make it over here. So much jank, but it looks so fun! Like Aquanaut's Holiday gone STG.

More original IPs that interest me:
•MaskJewelSeeker (just screens, but I like dungeon crawlers)
•Raiko the Beast (resembles a more Western point-and-click adventure game, just with third-person perspective)
•Ghost94 (don't tell Phil Fish about this stealth-centric action-adventure with a similar perspective mechanic)
•TorqueL (this could be a really cool puzzler like Kuru Kuru Kururin)
•Esol (don't quite get the concept for this, engine needs work)

Some interesting little games being shown off.

Dambrosi

Banned
Some pleasant surprises here. Raiders Sphere 4th, Ninja Rising, Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity...that's three action games in a row that I'd buy. It'll be a while after the Comiket release till they start working on Western Steam releases, though.
Oh, how could I forget Ninja Rising? Game looks totes legit.

And the game whose name I couldn't remember was called SkyLens. It's second in the OP's Original IP video.

RSLAEV

was totally bored until about 19 minutes in

q7e1lRL.jpg

Apparently this is a game where two women try to slap the shit out of each other.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wish someone would tell these guys about steam or desura

You'd need someone to publish and translate them into english first.

Companies like playism and carpe fulgar (though the are currently busy with trails in the sky I believe) have already released some of these kind of games on steam.

Top Bottom