• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition – 30 Minutes Of Gameplay Footage Leaked

Static Jak

Just wish Bioware would have a controller option for the PC version. Mainly because each game feels more like it was built with controllers in mind over kb/m and if I'm not going to gain any large advantage from that, I'd rather sit back with a controller.

But Bioware is one of the very, very few that doesn't support it even though they have it up and working on other platforms.

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer.

If there's one thing I really like is rain in games, can't wait to see more details of it.

As for the Art style I'm really a bigger fan of The Witcher series or Skyrim, I played previous Dragon Age and Kingdoms of Amalur too (finished the game, couldn't bother with all secondary quests) and it seems they are keeping the similar art. I would prefer a less cartoon-style, but it's expected to stay like previous entries.

For some reason this even got me more hyped for the next The Witcher game.

Ovek

7Member7
Gives me hope that the new mass effect will look very nice and have large free roaming maps.

Those critiquing the graphics should remember that Inquisition is still ~10+ months away, notably more if EA decide to delay it again, and hasn't had an extended gameplay reveal to the public yet. Stuff this early isn't a good metric to judge what the final game will look like, as many assets wont be finished or implemented.

But there's nothing to criticise about the GFX, they looks spectacular. Great vistas, long draw distance, amazing lighting indoors etc.

Game is going to be a looker... but will it be fun?

Xbox buttons.

I love the slightly cartoony vibe everything has. I do like bright colours in my RPGs. Because I'm a child.

Both styles work - Kingdoms of Amular looks horrendous though!

Must admit I loved Fable 2 and 3 and never got to try the latest one as I shifted my 360 on long ago to concentrate on my beloved PS3.

The way the character run, the fights, the general look of the game. It really does reminds me of Fable.

I get a Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance vibe going on.

It isn't really what I wanted...but maybe I do. Not sure yet, but it looks pretty and might be sort of fun.

Quentyn

Is it pretty much the same demo as the leaked PAX stuff? Game looked sharp, it might push me to go back and finish Origins.

I am pretty sure the last 8 minutes or so, starting with the keep customization are new. Don't remember seeing those parts before.

TrutaS

Graphics look really good and colorful. But the heart of the game is the story and the relationships for me, I wonder how that will turn out. Still all the rest seems a vast improvement from the second game, I wonder how could they have done that game if they knew how to do this all along (and Origins).

Portugeezer

untitled-12lrge.jpg

Looks great. This is next-gen only right?

Crossgen.

Not the same as a proper gameplay walkthrough. But the press has seen it, not much has been leaked though...

Sulik2

No way! Hype! Watching now

Sunny rain looks weird, but initial impressions visually = hot

Have only seen the first, very brief bit of combat, but that doesn't look any different than 2.... =\

Edit: psych! overhead pause combat is back mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You could pause and give orders in DA2. Where did it go?

Looks gorgeous thats for sure.

Combat seems largely unchanged. I see they've kept that bland, comic book-like art style from DA 2, I don't like it. Graphically it looks very nice though.

Just wish Bioware would have a controller option for the PC version. Mainly because each game feels more like it was built with controllers in mind over kb/m and if I'm not going to gain any large advantage from that, I'd rather sit back with a controller.

But Bioware is one of the very, very few that doesn't support it even though they have it up and working on other platforms.

I really hate when developers do this. I would have played the shit out of ME1 on PC, but it doesn't feel natural at all with kb/m. Same with Bioshock 2 before the recent patch. I can never understand why some developers don't put controller support in their PC versions when they already have it all laid out for them in the console versions.

SJRB

Gold Member
Man the lighting looks so good, and the environment so colorful.

Never played a Dragon Age before, but this looks super interesting so far. I thought it was coming out way sooner though, which is unfortunate.

erawsd

Looks great for a pre alpha build. The narrator said a lot of the right things as well. They just may redeem this series afterall.

XPE

As good as this looks who going to buy it when its released, after DA2 people might be a bit sceptical.

Portugeezer

The thread had this exact same footage, we were talking about it for days. On the road at the moment but I'll find it when I'm at the PC.

Yeah it is an old demo, but this one doesn't have people screaming in the background and the quality is better.

Unless there was another one I missed before.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The thread had this exact same footage, we were talking about it for days. On the road at the moment but I'll find it when I'm at the PC.

This is not the exact same footage because as you can see it's from Digiexpo 2013 and not PAX.

Felsparrow

Neo Member
This demo was enough to get me back interested in the series, but still recall hearing a lot of good vertical slices for DA2, then it ending up having so many cut corners.

But, I am glad I kept my DA1 and DA2 save with all my choices. Hopefully they'll manage to do it right with importing that stuff.

milena87

The game looks fine and I really hope they can deliver on their promises. Combat seems solid and I'm glad that they're working on the customization of armors/weapons and companions' gear.
I'm still a bit worried about they story and the choices/consequences, though. I don't expect to see something like Alpha Protocol or The Witcher 1&2, but I hope to see some real in-game consequences to our actions.

Top Bottom