• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition – 30 Minutes Of Gameplay Footage Leaked

daveo42

Banned
Environments look good, if not a tad on the cartoony side. One of my two wishes is that this ends up feeling like a more refined DA: O and that this thing isn't a glitchy mess at launch.

Looks great, especially for a pre-alpha build and off screen footage.

Really looking forward to this. I hope Bioware takes all the time it needs to make this great.
(
reads as: I hope EA lets them take all the time they need
)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This scene was the highlight for me.

1144bb4.gif

Static Jak

I really hate when developers do this. I would have played the shit out of ME1 on PC, but it doesn't feel natural at all with kb/m. Same with Bioshock 2 before the recent patch. I can never understand why some developers don't put controller support in their PC versions when they already have it all laid out for them in the console versions.

The lack of choice on a platform that's all about choice can be really annoying.

Sure, maybe it'll play better with a kb/m, but I'd still like the option to use a controller when that exists on other platforms. They have the UI and everything built, just put it into the PC version as an option like the majority of games do these days.

leadbelly

Banned
Sunny rain looks weird, but initial impressions visually = hot

Yeah. I was thinking that. It looks like there isn't any depth to the rain. It seems as if there isn't any rain ahead of him. Like someone is walking behind him spraying a hose pipe into the air.

Other than that it looks alright. And from he was saying, it sounds like the game is huge.

Just wish Bioware would have a controller option for the PC version. Mainly because each game feels more like it was built with controllers in mind over kb/m and if I'm not going to gain any large advantage from that, I'd rather sit back with a controller.

But Bioware is one of the very, very few that doesn't support it even though they have it up and working on other platforms.

Good News! They Confirmed Dragon Age Inquisition will support controllers on PC! It's on BSN somewhere, will find later.

injurai

Banned
Looks like what Fable should have been. Which makes me extremely interested. Sort of sad though that DA:O/A is the last Baldur's Gate style game we will see from Bioware.

Unless they somehow implement the system in the PC version of this.

Looks like what Fable should have been. Which makes me extremely interested. Sort of sad though that DA:O/A is the last Baldur's Gate style game we will see from Bioware.

Unless they somehow implement the system in the PC version of this.

I thought they said the PC version would play more like DA: O and the tactical system would reflect that? Plus I thought people want more Dogma or Souls type gameplay anyway.

SparkTR

Considered how terrible Bioware's writing and dialogue has been in recent years, I wouldn't want one from them. The industry best are already making some fantastic looking ones.

Durante

Considered how terrible Bioware's writing and dialogue has been in recent years, I wouldn't want one from them. The industry best are already making some fantastic looking ones.
Yeah, if it was a few years ago I would lament the loss, but we actually have enough isometric CRPGs upcoming now. (I never thought I'd say this)

nib95

Banned
Just finished watching. Love the environments, the art, the style, the expansiveness of the world etc. Combat could be improved, but otherwise things are looking great.

Moobabe

I'm only a minute in but that rain looks very awkward. Not only is the sun shining, but I hate weather effects like that - rain, but no wet textures on characters on the ground, nu puddles and other stuff that indicates that it's actually raining.

Come on guys. Game looks super colorful though, I love that.

Yeah I hate that - weather is so poorly done in most games. It's pretty jarring - especially considering the rain doesn't seem to effect the surface of the ocean they're stood next to.

Still - looks nice

Derrick01

Banned
A lot of similar footage in there from the old video but like I said then it looks surprisingly solid and from what they've said they wanted to do with this it at least sounds like it'll be a lot more fun than DA:O and DA2.

Mainly because each game feels more like it was built with controllers in mind over kb/m and if I'm not going to gain any large advantage from that, I'd rather sit back with a controller.

Dragon Age 2 I'd agree with you there, but how in the world could you think Origins on PC was designed for a controller and not mouse/keyboard? Cause the PC version very much was only designed for mouse/keyboard.

The demo looks pretty. The rain at the beginning looked like it was fake movie set rain since it was raining while just sunny out. Maybe there were clouds out behind the player or something but it looked weird.

Besides the graphics, I'm not really sold. Laidlaw is all talk and I don't really trust anything about BioWare at this point in terms of execution. They're saying the right things but they're good at saying things and then not delivering on their promises.

Don't care for the camera either. The tactical camera looks way too limited and its otherwise way too zoomed in for my liking if its supposed to be a party based RPG. I mean, for a party based game you barely saw any of the party members running around with you since the camera was always kept so tight. Even when they go to the "tactical" view in combat its still too focused down on the ground to the point where they have to pan around forever to get a decent view of the environment. Not sold.

They need to fix the menus and UI since they look godawful as usual with that list inventory.

Firebrand

Does this one have targeting and auto-attacking? DA:O had pretty decent combat, would be nice if the game could be played like that instead of mashing buttons.

Iztli

As someone who absolutely loved DAO tactical party based gameplay. Me mucho sad.
DAO was a one time thing huh..

homulilly

Banned
Bioware characters always look really, really ugly and awkward and this game is apparently no exception but I do have to admit that at least this time they've made some really nice looking environments.

And watching the end but where they show the "Agent" stuff sends up tons of red flags for me. Knowing this is BioWare and EA all of that "Requires X # agents" stuff just rings of microtransaction/DLC/ preorder bonus rubbish waiting to be abused and exploited.

"Preorder the Super Limited BioWare edition and get 10 extra agents!"

Top Bottom