• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition – 30 Minutes Of Gameplay Footage Leaked

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well, they definitely have my attention now. That looks like a game I'd like to play.

Cragvis

will be my first dragons age game.

I HATED how the others were masseffected...not open at all, just travel from point to point on map, entering small arenas for story sake.

Being able to explore and be in this new open world, yes plx

Did anyone notice on the load screen they had a save spot for a qunari rogue? For a pre-alpha this looks great. The combat looks like u can plow thru enemies if your overpowered, but when you're not, u gotta use tactics. I like that

I've tried to get into both this and the Witcher series and have been unsuccessful previously. Really need to though, they both seem fantastic.

NoPiece

+1 for the detached camera, but the combat still looks like it is stuck between action and isometric, and isn't going to be great at either.

Even the crap that was DA2, I'm still willing to give this a try. Just don't push this one out the door to meet a quota, EA. Let BioWare take their time >_>

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Far away landscapes/visuals look great in that video; one of the perks of using the frostbite engine.

Bioware should darken the color palette(by a Post Processing filter or something similar), the game feels less gritty compared to DA:O.

Curious_George

Neo Member
Definitely impressed me. It doesn't seem like the true Origins sequel I'd like to see but looks like they're putting some effort in finding a good middle ground between the two previous games.

Also, I wonder if Bioware has been playing some Dragon's Dogma? I swear the mage dropped a mini-bolide in one of those fights :)

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
This still isn't open-world right? In the beginning of the video they were talking about how the area they were showing is larger than all of DA2 but it felt like they were on a linear road (I'll continue watching).

Edit: spoke too soon. This seems pretty cool! Between this, The Witcher, and hopefully some other soon to be announced properties (eh ehmm... Fallout!), I hope I have enough to tide me over till the next Elder Scrolls game <3

Jinroh

It looks nice, but will it be fun to play? That's what matter to me. DA2 was boring as hell... it really did feel like an extension stretched on 20 hours.

Some Nobody

Having finally watched some of this...wow. This actually looks a lot better than my initial impressions of DA:O. Hype activated.

Top Bottom