• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Awesome OT. Can't wait!

tumblr_nf5n0gmDpL1rnt0dmo2_500.gif

Wow. Is this from a trailer I haven't seen? The color showcase in this looks fantastic.

adj_noun

Friends, it's been a fun ride with you all in the makeshift OT's other threads. Thanks to Shinobi and Dawg for all the maddening teases cryptic updates and all the DAI folk for making things cheery.

Tomorrow's going to be a good day.

Awesome OT, six hours in and waiting to continue.
Opinions, is the digital deluxe worth the price bump? I'm not totally sure if I want it or the regular edition.

Do you want some extra weapons/armor/mounts/ multiplayer chests? Do you want the soundtrack? If so, then get the digital deluxe. Otherwise save your money.

Yeul

Great OT!!! Wowow we're so close * O * I can't wait to use the character creator and see everyone's as well.

Let us fondly remember those that gave their lives during the War of Disappointment. The battle of shit mountain killed many gamers, and many still suffer the consequences, trying to cope with the CSGD (Cynical Sad Gamer Disorder).

But we moved past it. We evolved. We adapted. You newbies, merely read the wiki. We were born in Shit Mountain. Molded by it. Ate it.

PS. People who play Warriors in RPGs are really cool in real life. People wo play Rogues are dishonorable liars and cannot be trusted, and people who play Mages are just OP. They should be nerfed.

Seriously. HOW CAN ANYTHING, be more beautiful or sexy than wielding a sword? why would you wanna be harry potter or the chef from ratatouille with a little butter knife and firecrackers?
With a big two-handed sword, you paint the very earth you're standing on red, with the blood of your enemies.

jwk94

I've seen some mage gameplay and their basic attack all looks the same. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Who else is gonna be spending some time with the co-op? It looks damn fun. I can already tell that I'm probably dropping 100+ hours on the co-op alone.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've been playing a review copy for ~12-15 hours (unless I'm missing something play time doesn't actually appear anywhere?), and I can honestly say that this is my CLEAR pick for Game of the Year so far. I wasn't wild about DA:O and I skipped DA2, but Inquisition is on an entirely different level.

It's massive, polished, extremely well written in all aspects (dialogue, incidental writing, characterization), challenging... even the puzzles are good. This is the best RPG I've played in many, many years.

There's also an absolutely epic... event (it isn't really accurate to call it a twist) that happens around 12 hours in that dropped my jaw and cemented my opinion that this game is something special. And I'm honestly kind of stunned that everything I experienced prior to that moment could really only be characterized as the "early game." (You'll know the moment when it happens).

I'm only ~10% through, but if Inquisition stays on this pace, it has the potential to go down as one of the all-time RPG greats.

Awesome OT.

I'm sure a lot of people will be doing this, but is there anyone NOT naming their human male noble Alec?

007_GoldenEye_-_Alec_Trevelyan.png

With Trevelyan being the last name, it's just too perfect and awesome not to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom