• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
The map uses a progression system, you unlock the map by unlocking the camps as you go instead of the usual open system or the crappy "go back to the war table". Just kinda follow the road.
I've unlocked 2 camps. The remaining 2 are behind a huge mountain. There is no road going to where I am going. I've explored the entire map and I can't seem to unlock anything..

I've unlocked 2 camps. The remaining 2 are behind a huge mountain. There is no road going to where I am going. I've explored the entire map and I can't seem to unlock anything..

Oh, I got stuck there too. There's a winding mountain path to the west of the western camp that takes you around the map.

Admodieus

I'm playing a 2H warrior and I feel like I am drawing way too much aggro. I have the taunt and the one charge move (center of the vanguard tree) to generate some guard so I can upright, but enemies just burn through it as they focus me and not the tank. Any tips on making sure they stay to Cassandra/Blackwall more often?

tcrunch

the default world state. In Dragon age 2, default warden was Hero of Fereldan, martyred elf was #2, Ahole Dwarf #3. in Inquisition default warden is Martyred elf any other option involves the Dragon age keep

Well presumably someone playing DAI as their first Dragon Age game doesn't want to hear about Orzammar politics and how some dude in dogland had a godbaby with Morrigan, it makes sense to go with the most neutral option possible (they died and you don't have to hear about them ever again). I don't think it really means anything to a DA veteran since you can choose whatever you want with the Keep.

Default. Bioware doesn't have a canon state.

Yeah, this. The default is more like the "intro to DA" world state than a canon.

Respect

Playing on console (PS4) and now realizing I will be limited to 8 skills in battle...how annoying...hope this is fixed in the next patch...the focus abilities especially don't need to be taking up a slot then since they are used so sparingly.

Playing on console (PS4) and now realizing I will be limited to 8 skills in battle...how annoying...hope this is fixed in the next patch...the focus abilities especially don't need to be taking up a slot then since they are used so sparingly.

You can change the bindings. You don't need the focus ability to be there.

Valus

Just take them off your hotbar until you know you're going to a fight where you plan on using it, then swap it in.

Any tips for inventory management?

I'm hurting when it comes to inventory space, and selling all the weapons and armor I don't want isn't helping much, it maybe gets me down to 50/60.

I don't want to sell crafting materials, because who knows when I might need them. And now I hear you shouldn't sell valuables because some of them can be quest items.

So, I'm stuck. What do?

Zafir

Well presumably someone playing DAI as their first Dragon Age game doesn't want to hear about Orzammar politics and how some dude in dogland had a godbaby with Morrigan, it makes sense to go with the most neutral option possible (they died and you don't have to hear about them ever again). I don't think it really means anything to a DA veteran since you can choose whatever you want with the Keep.

Yeah, this. The default is more like the "intro to DA" world state than a canon.
It could potentially hamper story, which is disappointing to me at least.

I dunno, I always felt the whole ritual thing should have been so much more, and yet it's mostly been shoved along the way side. It'll never amount to that much even now,
due to the possibility of Kieran never existing

I soloed my first dragon with Knight Enchater yesterday on hard. Ummm yeah., So did I break the game?

Yeah the 8 abilities shit sucks, no reason to get any more than 9 at a time.

Any tips for inventory management?

I'm hurting when it comes to inventory space, and selling all the weapons and armor I don't want isn't helping much, it maybe gets me down to 50/60.

I don't want to sell crafting materials, because who knows when I might need them. And now I hear you shouldn't sell valuables because some of them can be quest items.

So, I'm stuck. What do?

Don't worry about selling valuables, they are only used for requisition quests, which are infinitely repeatable and not really worth doing. Sell old upgrades and accessories if you haven't, that's where I found things accumulating for me.

Boof

So I was playing around just trying to do the fire flask-thousand cuts exploit before they will probably patch it and it did very little damage to the hinterlands dragon and used up my focus... did they already patch it or hotfix this?

Kem0sabe

I know, but I have more than 8 activated abilities...previous DA's you could bring up the combat wheel and select a spell if it wasn't on your hotkeys...but now you can't correct?

Combat wheel is clearly less tactical, hence Bioware removed it. Their intention was to take a tactical approach to all facets of the game... Want to have more abilities? Decide which ones you want before every single encounter, because the Inquisition is not a chickenshit outfit that halfasses encounters.

The alternative is that they considered that anything that involved extra steps for console players would be too complicated, so they removed it. But that would be ridiculous, so ill go with my first choice.

Felspawn

The comics are only canon if they match your world state, as Gaider stated. So if you made Alistair King, etc, then the comics apply. If you didn't, they don't.

well sure, What bioware picks isnt meant to invalidate anyone elses choices. and those choices arent meant to be the foundation of a new game (resurrected Lelianna aside) maybe my question should read "what do you think the default world state Inquisitor is going to be" in future dragon age games

Loomba

Is there a way to preview an item's apperance before you equip it?

and is there a way to tell which quest is part of the main quest line?

adj_noun

King Alistair from the various Dragon Age Comics and novels respectively disagrees

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Use...he_novels_and_comic_books_influence_the_game?

As long as you're here... is there any way I can get you to comment on the canonicity of the prequel novels? It doesn't seem as if players mention this very often, being more concerned with conflicts with their own games, which as you've explained, isn't an issue.

"The two prequel novels are canon-- there is nothing for them to conflict with.

And it is fine to assume that, if your particularly playthrough matches up with the events depicted in Asunder or the comics, those events occurred in the way they're portrayed and will be treated as such in future games. If your particular playthrough does not, then those events either happened differently or not at all. In a game we have the luxury of that kind of variability. In either case, you'll only see how it works once DA3 comes out".

David Gaider

Respect

Combat wheel is clearly less tactical, hence Bioware removed it. Their intention was to take a tactical approach to all facets of the game... Want to have more abilities? Decide which ones you want before every single encounter, because the Inquisition is not a chickenshit outfit that halfasses encounters.

The alternative is that they considered that anything that involved extra steps for console players would be too complicated, so they removed it. But that would be ridiculous, so ill go with my first choice.

I have failed the inquisition...I knew I wasn't andraste's chosen...

If it's like other origin games, you need to add origin.exe to Steam rather than the games .exe for it to work.

I've tried that and no dice. I assume once you simply have steam launch origin then select the game you want to play in origins and magic.

But yea....nah. At least for me.

Killzig

Is there a way to preview an item's apperance before you equip it?

and is there a way to tell which quest is part of the main quest line?

The first part is already answered, but just highlighting it in your inventory will preview it.

The main quests are highlighted with a rift on the war table or found under 'inquisitor's path' in the journal.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
QuestionGAF - Do you need to activate the ability embedded in your crafted armour?

My newly spun Battlemage gear says it has an ability to heal me for 20% of damage.. anyone know how this works?

Zafir

I've tried that and no dice. I assume once you simply have steam launch origin then select the game you want to play in origins and magic.

But yea....nah. At least for me.

I just got it working doing what I said. Did you make sure to completely shut Origin before launching it through Steam?

KorrZ

Where can I find a decent looking set of Mage armor? I'm level 12 and have been rocking an Apprentice coat for at least 10-15 hours now.

I just want to look bad ass god damnit!

ocean

Banned
Who is Ferris the representative and how come never had him set up shop in skyhold with my last playthrough
He sells items that give you influence on purchase. (if you buy the item then sell it to him and buy it back and so on you can get infinite influence unless that's been patched).

Citadel

Where can I find a decent looking set of Mage armor? I'm level 12 and have been rocking an Apprentice coat for at least 10-15 hours now.

I got my (Elf) mage to level 20 - still haven't beaten the game yet - and the coolest looking armor that I've used so far is def the Warden Battlemage Armor. Looked badass. Hopefully I can find some masterwork schematics of it somewhere.

Don't worry about the armor in the stores... You'll definitely find some good schematics or unique/rare armor during your travels.

By this point you should be getting enchanter armors off venatoris and such.

EDIT: the Orlesian battle mage armor plus the Mage's cowl makes you look like Altair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom