• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

He sells items that give you influence on purchase. (if you buy the item then sell it to him and buy it back and so on you can get infinite influence unless that's been patched).

Just noticed that holy crap.

What his is trigger to get him set up shop, I never had him in my first run through only difference so far is sided with Templars instead mages

KorrZ

I got my (Elf) mage to level 20 - still haven't beaten the game yet - and the coolest looking armor that I've used so far is def the Warden Battlemage Armor. Looked badass. Hopefully I can find some masterwork schematics of it somewhere.

Don't worry about the armor in the stores... You'll definitely find some good schematics or unique/rare armor during your travels.

Yeah I saw the Enchanter's gear in the Val Royeaux store and was thinking about picking it up but I guess I'll just explore around some more. Just started digging into the Western Approach so hopefully I'll find something good there.

Valus

Just noticed that holy crap.

What his is trigger to get him set up shop, I never had him in my first run through only difference so far is sided with Templars instead mages

It's a war-table mission. You must have missed it in your first playthrough.

Dany

Banned
I really dislike how squad-critial missions on the wartable or skyhold-important stuff are not specially marked on the wartable.

I see the table and its a fucking mess, I don't have time to see which quests help my squad fufill personal stuff.

samn

I really dislike how squad-critial missions on the wartable or skyhold-important stuff are not specially marked on the wartable.

I see the table and its a fucking mess, I don't have time to see which quests help my squad fufill personal stuff.

I don't like that there's no distinction between available (but read) missions and completed missions. I'd rather just look at a list.

_Legacy_

Did anybody else find romancing
Josephine
a real labour? I felt like I did loads of stuff and I still couldn't seal the deal. I dropped her and went for Casandra and she was much more willing.

Also, my advice to anyone with a tier 3 masterwork weapon schematic and some dragon materials, craft it and use,
it's better than anything else you will find in the game
. Also, use the 40% masterwork increase materials (Dragon Tooth, I think? I cheated, saved beforehand and reloaded if I failed) that 10% increase can count.

It's also worth maxing out tonic upgrades for resistances. this is extremely handy in dragon fights. 180 seconds with a 60% element resistance? Coupled with armor resistances? Yes please!

LX_Theo

Banned

If its for a party member, it has their stylized banner. Not a filter, I guess, but its easy enough to see if and who it effects.

Killed my first dragon today. Knight-Enchanter is such an OP spec, I bashed it with Vivienne's Spirit Blade repeatedly until it died and Vivienne literally took no damage on that fight.

Go back to your save before killing your last dragon; kill it again. Achievement will then unlock.

Gee, that's great of BioWare.

It'll have to wait for later, then. I still have a save, but I want to finish the story first. Just hope I don't accidentally overwrite it.

Spineker

Banned
I just lost myself in this game for 6 hours and it felt like 2. Sogood.gif

I respeced Sera to be a Dagger Rogue. That Flask of Fire + Thousand Cuts is just too good to ignore.

The way this game does progression is just superb. The loot you find in locations after beating tough enemies is exactly the right level for you to use yet still be better than what you've currently got

murgo

Oh man, I can't believe you can't change the attack controls when using remote play on Vita. You can't seriously play this by attacking with the back touchscreen :(

I just lost myself in this game for 6 hours and it felt like 2. Sogood.gif

I respeced Sera to be a Dagger Rogue. That Flask of Fire + Thousand Cuts is just too good to ignore.

The way this game does progression is just superb. The loot you find in locations after beating tough enemies is exactly the right level for you to use yet still be better than what you've currently got

It all depends on how you play the game, though. I was overleveled for a significant portion, so the rewards didn't really help me. :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
After going with Varric, Iron Bull and Dorian for most of the game the banter got repetitive. Changing to Sera (just got Bow of the Griffon oh man so good), Cassandra and Solas.

I'll be so hugely overleveled for the final story mission but w/e.

Oh man, I can't believe you can't change the attack controls when using remote play on Vita. You can't seriously play this by attacking with the back touchscreen :(

Yeah, I just use it to wander around Skyhold getting in my conversations that I haven't addressed in a while.

hlhbk

Anyone holding off playing until the various technical issues are fixed? I am 4 hours in and between the party not talking bug, stuttering in cut scenes, and the dialogue tree randomly disappearing I have no idea how this game made it past QA.

Did anybody else find romancing
Josephine
a real labour?
Nope. Between her personal quest and her dedicated romance quest (the only person who has one as far as I know) I felt like her romance was pretty robust to make up for her NPC status. It takes a while to crack her professional veneer but once you do it all comes sliding away.

t-ramp

QuestionGAF - Do you need to activate the ability embedded in your crafted armour?

My newly spun Battlemage gear says it has an ability to heal me for 20% of damage.. anyone know how this works?
The way I understand it is that 20% of damage taken will be healed automatically over the course of 10 seconds, no need to activate anything.

Also, probably a dumb question, but does the party AI only have access to the 8 mapped abilities, or can it use others as well?

Also, I just spent like 35k gold at that random merchant stand in the
Hissing Wastes. Which, by the way, seemed to be missing a vendor. There was a random dog there, though... odd.

ppoZBIH.png

herman-cain-smile.gif

KorrZ

Yeah I was really excited about the idea of playing it in bed...then once I tried and realized how horrible it was to play with the touch pad that idea got ruined quickly :(

jrcbandit

For some reason, I never get any conservation options with Iron Bull past that first time he takes you to visit people. Do I have to visit specific zones our progress the story past a certain point to get more? Disappointed that I don't have any options for the funny romance. Was given opportunities with lots of other characters.

Einbroch

Banned
Nope. Between her personal quest and her dedicated romance quest (the only person who has one as far as I know) I felt like her romance was pretty robust to make up for her NPC status. It takes a while to crack her professional veneer but once you do it all comes sliding away.

Sera has one. It's actually really funny.

Maybe I'm just getting better at the game, but I guess two handed warriors just suck. I'm having a much easier time with my duel wielding rogue on hard than I did with my two handed warrior on normal.

murgo

Yeah, I just use it to wander around Skyhold getting in my conversations that I haven't addressed in a while.

Yeah I was really excited about the idea of playing it in bed...then once I tried and realized how horrible it was to play with the touch pad that idea got ruined quickly :(

Well, crap. I guess there's no way in hell they'll patch an option in to switch L1/R1 with the 2's, eh? :(

Hystzen

Man loving the bow rogue timing a flip shot just as a enemy archer unleashes a charged shot so you flip over it and kill him never gets old

Any tips for inventory management?

I'm hurting when it comes to inventory space, and selling all the weapons and armor I don't want isn't helping much, it maybe gets me down to 50/60.

I don't want to sell crafting materials, because who knows when I might need them. And now I hear you shouldn't sell valuables because some of them can be quest items.

So, I'm stuck. What do?
Use your "Inquisition Perks" at the War Table to unlock more inventory slots, you can do it two times, each unlocking an additional 15 slots, leaving you with 90 total instead of 60 I believe. Helped me a ton as I was constantly out of slots.

Is there any way to check if you are effected by the party banter bug?

Walking around with your party you should hear banter every 20 minutes at least. I had the bug but fast traveling and resting at camps fixed it for me. No banter for nearly 20 hours and now it happenes every 10 to 15 minutes.

It's an insidious bug since you can go so long without even knowing what you're missing out on. Had no idea Blackwall had such a sense of humor :/

Bessy67

I've been playing a bunch of the multiplayer and man, randoms are just god awful at playing within their roles. They all want to be the hero, which worked fine in Mass Effect but in this they need to understand that if they attack first with their mage or archer suddenly all those enemy archers over there are going to rip them to shreds. Fine, all of you want to be the cool and flashy elementalist or archer, but at least let me draw the aggro as the Legionnaire so you (and then as a function of being one player down, we) don't get wrecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom