• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fdxf7IH.png

f5ndsdY.png

• No scans.
  • Discussion of descriptions of upcoming episodes found in Japanese magazines must be in spoiler tags.
  • No linking to sites where you can "unofficially" watch the show.

On June 12th Dragon Ball Super is starting its next arc, The Future Trunks Arc!

Y3kTp1K.png

With the threat of the artificial humans resolved, a new menace threatens the world of the future! A man suddenly appears and goes on a rampage, driving humanity to the brink of extinction. Future Trunks resists, but even the power of a Super Saiyan is no match for this man called “Black”! Future Bulma resolves to ask for help from warriors in the world of the past. After taking half a year to gather enough fuel for a one-way trip in the time machine, the formidable foe “Black” bars Bulma and Trunks’ way!

That's right, in this new arc Future Trunks returns and the new villain appears to be Goku! Who is Black and what is his ultimate goal? We'll just have to wait and find out.
According to Akira Toriyama this is the "start of a battle that surpasses time and space, and drags in the God of Destruction, Kaioshin, even the Omni-King! Many mysteries will be revealed!"

Just like the Champa Arc Akira Toriyama as written this arc as well as designed the characters.

zTh6v1i.png

Q: What if I haven't watched Super up to this point, can I jump in here?
A: Characters introduced in the previous arc are supposedly set to appear in this new arc, but so far it doesn't seem like the story itself it connected to the previous arc. If you really want to catch up instead of just jumping in to make sure you didn't miss anything you can watch the films "Battle of Gods" and "Resurrection F" and then start Dragon Ball Super on episode 28(The start of the previous arc).

Q: Who is the girl with Trunks in the poster?
A: That is Mai, from the original Dragon Ball. At the time of writing this we don't know why she isn't old in the future timeline, but this will likely be revealed as a producer for the show has said that she has a "surprisingly large role" in this new arc.

Q: How can I watch the show?
A: Sadly there is no simulcast and I can't link you to where you can watch it, you'll have to find it on your own. There are a handful of groups subbing the show, but be warned that all but one of these groups (DragonTeam) do a poor job and mistranslate and misinterpret many things every episode.

Q: When is the Funimation dub starting?
A: Dubs are starting to be announced for many countries, however no official word has been released on the Funimation dub, however Sean Schemmel, the voice of Goku, seems to be sure that it will start this year.

Q: Is that really the same Future Trunks from DBZ? I mean his hair is blue!
A: We've had tons of different materials and statements released that state that it is in fact the same Trunks that appeared in DBZ. As for his hair color it's unclear if there is a story reason or if it's just an art change. For reference Toriyama typically draws Trunks and Bulma with the same hair color and his hair color here is about the same as what Bulma's is now.

ZjV2wHA.png

Even though the first 27 episodes are primarily a retelling of the films "Battle of Gods" and "Resurrection F" there is still some good action, so for those who skip the first 27 episodes I have made some GIFs of the best pieces of action from these episodes. As you'll notice most of the GIFs are from the Battle of Gods arc, that's because the Resurrection F arc was a low point for the show, but the quality jumped after it ended.
Collection 1
Collection 2
Collection 3
Collection 4
Collection 5

The first episode of the new arc is number 47 and its title is:

• 未来からのSOS!黒き新たな敵現る!!
  • SOS From the Future! A Black New Enemy Appears!!

9WpDotq.gif

Future Trunks Arc PV

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wow that wall of shame, haha.
Thanks for including all those answers in the OT... now we'll know who doesn't read it ;)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I need to jump back into this series. I dipped out during the Resurrection F retelling, but I thinking about coming back. My body clearly yearns for shonen action again, I've debased myself to the point of watching old episodes of Bleach.

I need to jump back into this series. I dipped out during the Resurrection F retelling, but I thinking about coming back. My body clearly yearns for shonen action again, I've debased myself to the point of watching old episodes of Bleach.
The F arc was pretty bad, but the following arc was a lot better.
Did Toriyama write the plot for this arc?
Yes, I said so in the OP.
Wow that wall of shame, haha.
Thanks for including all those answers in the OT... now we'll know who doesn't read it ;)
Kagari is Dragon Ball Super #1 fan girl confirmed.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The F arc was pretty bad, but the following arc was a lot better.

Yes, I said so in the OP.

Thanks. I peeked my head into the old thread just to see what was going on from time to time. This premiered a little under a year ago, and I'm near the of the F arc, so at most I have like 20+ episodes to catch up on, maybe a few less if I skip some filler-ish ones. 20 episodes of these shows is easy binge watching. If you skip the openings, endings, and early episode recap the episodes are less than 20 minutes long.

Russ T

Banned
welcome to the future where trunks is super saiyan god super saiyan and gohan lost his glasses and krillin is three feet taller and vegeta is three feet shorter and always sucks on a pacifier and goku is evil

may this thread be a friendlier thread than the last one |:

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
welcome to the future where trunks is super saiyan god super saiyan and gohan lost his glasses and krillin is three feet taller and vegeta is three feet shorter and always sucks on a pacifier and goku is evil

may this thread be a friendlier thread than the last one |:

You act like this is Sports-GAF or something :(

.shin

Banned
"The Fights are better And super is raping my childhood"
-my friends

I need new friends

you really do need new friends if they're saying shit like that lol

the PV for the arc looks great, animation is really stepping up!

Well there it is. I should've seen it from the beginning.

Absolutely hate the earrings on black goku.

Strangely enough he only has one earring on his left ear.

Piers

My prediction:
Something villainous went to the afterlife and forced Goku to wear a corrupt Patora earring. Presumably wants to continue using Patora to fuse with other powerful beings — Trunks included.
Haven't checked but others must have theorised this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom