• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complete

Banned
Well I don't know.

Super doesn't have this kind of horror where they ran out of budget and didn't have time to draw over the 3D for entire scenes.

a6eb5f11f9fbec435b5abceb8d9572fe.png
I'm not sure if I wasn't paying attention when this happened or if this is a case of getting a terrible in-between frame and blowing it out of proportion.

I'm not sure if I wasn't paying attention when this happened or if this is a case of getting a terrible in-between frame and blowing it out of proportion.

It was pretty obvious, that little bit of action sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise amazing fight.

Tsunamo

POTENTIAL MAJOR (?) SPOILERS SNACKS
Super Saiyan 2 Blue and an image of Goku and Vegeta using the fusion dance have popped up. 99% sure this is Heroes only stuff, but just playing it safe in case it DOES hit the main series.

imgur dot com /a/NRgoB
Dear god man, don't do that to me. I almost had a hype attack, i've already had too many of those these week.
Well I don't know.

Super doesn't have this kind of horror where they ran out of budget and didn't have time to draw over the 3D for entire scenes.
I mean they improved a littlebit in RoF but yeah, they just look awful and out of place. I loved what they did with the Battle of Gods teaser trailer though, that and the music gave me goosebumps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqirMmXZQOw

DedValve

Banned
POTENTIAL MAJOR (?) SPOILERS SNACKS
Super Saiyan 2 Blue and an image of Goku and Vegeta using the fusion dance have popped up. 99% sure this is Heroes only stuff, but just playing it safe in case it DOES hit the main series.

imgur dot com /a/NRgoB

lmao dragonball heroes just comes up with fan wishes. SSJB3 when?

Or Ultimate SSJB4 Vegeta.

Still haven't watched super but Future Trunks is hype af. I'll let it sit for a few episodes and hear impressions and if good I am so fucking in. God I love you Trunks.

Nightbird

I don't understand why everyone has sudden amnesia about Mai's apparent age.

8dnOp1n.jpg

Did I miss something or did a second pilaf gang appear sometime down the line? Because that's the Mai from the episode that'll air on Sunday. it's not Toriyamas fault that Toei removed that part from Super.

Did I miss something or did a second pilaf gang appear sometime down the line? Because that's the Mai from the episode that'll air on Sunday. it's not Toriyamas fault that Toei removed that part from Super.
It's not the same Mai, the Mai in the next episode is the Mai from Future Trunks's timeline.

dity

I had no idea there was a new thread. Someone should have linked it.

Oh wait it was linked 3 hours ago and my sub thing just didn't update. lmao

Also, I like this Purple Vegeta stuff. Vegeta not giving much of a toss if he dies is funny.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I had no idea there was a new thread. Someone should have linked it.

Oh wait it was linked 3 hours ago and my sub thing just didn't update. lmao

Also, I like this Purple Vegeta stuff. Vegeta not giving much of a toss if he dies is funny.

Well, tbf would it really matter?

"Kakarot, wish me back on Monday. Don't want to bring this purple/blue haired disappointment to the park on Sunday. See ya later."

Well, tbf would it really matter?

"Kakarot, wish me back on Monday. Don't want to bring this purple/blue haired disappointment to the park on Sunday. See ya later."
I think the implication was that he would cease to exist because Copy Vegeta stole his essence.

Unpopular opinion:

I swear to god I'm not trolling or trying to shitpost.

I've never cared much for Trunks: Future, Kid or otherwise. I honestly never understood the hype for him when he first shows up. I never understood the hype for when he came back and jobbed to the androids then sticks around training to beat cell then gets wiped like a raid party. His kid form is bratty and annoying.

I really can't be the only one who doesn't care about Trunks, right? I'm still hype for this upcoming arc because it will hopefully be excellent but not since Boba Fett have I felt so out of touch with fans of a character. :|

Make Gohan Great Again

Also time skip us so we can get Pan into fighting form.

Slaythe

Unpopular opinion:

I've never cared much for Trunks: Future, Kid or otherwise. I honestly never understood the hype for him when he first shows up. I never understood the hype for when he came back and jobbed to the androids then sticks around training to beat cell then gets wiped like a raid party. His kid form is bratty and annoying.

I really can't be the only one who doesn't care about Trunks, right? I'm still hype for this upcoming arc because it will hopefully be excellent but not since Boba Fett have I felt so out of touch with fans of a character. :|

Make Gohan Great Again

Yes, yes you are.

And you should feel bad.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Future Trunks was always more interesting than his younger counterpart. Let's just hope his return to Super amounts to more than just a messenger.

Unpopular opinion:

Make Gohan Great Again

Heresy! Burn him, brothers!

In all seriousness, how old were you when you first saw the series? Because, when I was a kid Trunks was just the coolest. We watch episode after episode of Freeza stomping the warriors and Goku having to fight him for about thirty episodes and here comes this unknown dude, young, cool coloured hair and he's just like ''sup bitches' and cuts Freeza up like a warm knife through butter. Also, Goku needed that anger to go Super Saiyan but Trunks, by the metric of what we'd seen, was so casual about the whole thing.

I know that the whole 'cocky badass' thing is overplayed and a massive anime trope but back when I was a kid, that was damn near the coolest shit I'd ever seen. That and he was genuinely a nice person and quite smart too.

Also, I think current Trunks was a great turn of character. Showing how strong of conviction and person Trunks was because of what he had suffered but if the Androids were defeated he'd have an easy life and just be a bit of a twat. Dislike his character for that reason but I have to love why, I think.

brinstar

Unpopular opinion:

Make Gohan Great Again

You're not alone, I don't care about him that much either. He's great when he first shows up as this mysterious badass, but very quickly he just becomes this background character whining about how things aren't going how they're supposed to, and then fodder for Cell to show off.

And kid Trunks is basically one half of a whole character.

ElFly

Future Trunks is fine; the dramatic problems with the Android saga relate to Gohan, not Future Trunks.

Although FT not giving a fuck about young Gohan is indeed sad, it is natural he is far more interested in his father.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Future Trunks is fine; the dramatic problems with the Android saga relate to Gohan, not Future Trunks.

Although FT not giving a fuck about young Gohan is indeed sad, it is natural he is far more interested in his father.
Well I mean, it must be kind of awkward seeing your mentor again, but as a 12 year old kid who doesn't know you. Might as well be a different person at that point.

Astral Dog

Unpopular opinion:

Make Gohan Great Again

Well he is different, was the second SS we saw, he killed Frieza and his Father Coldly, he is not afraid of getting his hands dirty like Vegeta but has the moral compassion that many Saiyans lack, he does not fight because he likes fighting but because he has to. And Trunks is less annoying than Gohans worst.

dity

Ok, so they brought back Kaioken recently.

I think they should bring back the After Image technique. For old-times sake. A good disappearing act like the old days. That'll fuck up Black Goku.

Big One

Banned
Man, we almost at episode 50. It just ain't happening, let it go. Don't make me believe again for no reason :(
Well if this series is going to be the new One Piece for TOEI, it's likely it's going to go for quite a while (as in years, perhaps DECADES if there isnt' a drop), so Gohan returning to fight isn't out of the realm of possibility.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well he is different, was the second SS we saw, he killed Frieza and his Father Coldly, he is not afraid of getting his hands dirty like Vegeta but has the moral compassion that many Saiyans lack, he does not fight because he likes fighting but because he has to. And Trunks is less annoying than Gohans worst.
He also has the added benefit of being a warrior from a tragic future where he fought for years by himself. Not to mention the super surprise of who his parents are.

Everything about his character introduction was perfect.

Animation looks way better. Let's hope it sticks with the formula and Gohan unlocks more untapped potential and wins whatever fight with whatever main villain.

Zalman

I really hope Super doesn't end without the Universe 6 stuff actually leading to something. They were really building up something cool with the tournament and just threw it to the side. I want to see them visit the Saiyan planet and do other crazy things in the other universes.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I think the implication was that he would cease to exist because Copy Vegeta stole his essence.
Was it? Must have missed it. But even then, could just bullshit their way out of it. The Super Dragon or something like that, we are at that point for quite some time now (since Z actually) where death means jack shit. Hell, who is to stop Goku from just Instant transmissioning (that a word?) Vegeta back to Earth?

Well if this series is going to be the new One Piece for TOEI, it's likely it's going to go for quite a while (as in years, perhaps DECADES if there isnt' a drop), so Gohan returning to fight isn't out of the realm of possibility.

27 of those episodes were retelling movies though.

You guys just don't know when to give up!
here is hoping, again :(

Heresy! Burn him, brothers!

In all seriousness, how old were you when you first saw the series?
*snip*
I was already in high school when I saw some fansubs, college when it was first released on VHS (since they had been sticking that stuff out on VHS before it aired on TV). I mean, the first first time I saw him and he took out Freeza and his dad like it was just a chore to do for his allowance? Yeah, that was there. I just quickly felt like I didn't give a crap with his whining about stuff and practically not being a point of interest after coming to warn us of the big bad who turned out to be the tip of the iceberg.

You're not alone, I don't care about him that much either. He's great when he first shows up as this mysterious badass, but very quickly he just becomes this background character whining about how things aren't going how they're supposed to, and then fodder for Cell to show off.

And kid Trunks is basically one half of a whole character.
Er, yeah, this.

See, I liked Gohan during and after Piccolo trained him because he was this kid growing up trying to juggle two lives (overbearing mother and fighting off enemies), puts up a fight against the then-biggest threat Earth had ever seen, went to space to bring his people back, found a bigger bad, fought him, LIVED (thanks to Goku, but still), then comes back and grows up still living the double life. Then Goku uses him as a WMD to take out the NEW big bad. Then Buu happened and everything went to hell because **** that arc and all of the stupid crap it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom