• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

two of the greatest episodes in dragon ball period are followed by all the good guys sitting down and talking things intelligently

and people have still doubts

I am not sure what more do you want, toriyama is just the best, period

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Did he even got them? He has no way to travel to the future to use them since at the moment they are stone.

They explained his possible time travel in the episode.

two of the greatest episodes in dragon ball period are followed by all the good guys sitting down and talking things intelligently

and people have still doubts

I am not sure what more do you want, toriyama is just the best, period

Where are people getting two episodes from now? Last episode was excellent I'll give you that but I barely remember what happened the episode before. Black goes SSR and Trunks is the only one to really be phased by it, then Vegeta got stabbed and everyone complained about it. Wouldn't say it's a bad episode but come on now

I must say it's rather refreshing to have such an interesting villain in Goku Black and Zamasu. It's something that's new to the series.
It's the first time I can recall that there's been a mystery relating to a villain over the course of an arc. There's been smaller scale attempts, like the introduction of the second time machine in Z, but it's pretty neat to see a mystery being fully commited to for this arc.

Hell, even this episode was an art imitating life kinda thing, since the brunt of the episode was everyone sitting around theorizing about Black and Zamasu; The same thing a lot of viewers are probably doing. That's awesome.

HeroR

Did he even get them? He has no way to travel to the future to use them since at the moment they are stones.

All scenes with Zamasu using the Super Dragon Balls were only imaginary spots. Zamasu is after the Super Dragon Balls, but we have no clue what he wants to wish for. It could be to kill all the mortals.

Where are people getting two episodes from now? Last episode was excellent I'll give you that but I barely remember what happened the episode before. Black goes SSR and Trunks is the only one to really be phased by it, then Vegeta got stabbed and everyone complained about it. Wouldn't say it's a bad episode but come on now

Episode 56 had Future Zamasu coming down from the heavens, something no one say coming, even fans who didn't think Zamasu and Black were the same person. Also, Black was able to stand up to a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan without transforming.

ant1532

Banned
People are allowed to have differing opinions you know. Personally I feel the doubts are still warranted.

yo i'm hyped. i'm not on here stopping people from having different opinions.
but change the thread title to toriyama doesn't forget. more accurate ;)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Episode 56 had Future Zamasu coming down from the heavens, something no one say coming, even fans who didn't think Zamasu and Black were the same person. Also, Black was able to stand up to a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan without transforming.

Ah yes. I now remember the line where Black calls Vegeta the opening act and that the opening act should know when to fuck off.

I take it back it's a great episode for that line alone

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
yo i'm hyped. i'm not on here stopping people from having different opinions.
but change the thread title to toriyama doesn't forget. more accurate ;)
The 'Toriyama forgot' thing isn't totally false since he himself has admitted it the past. At least he reread his own work before coming into this new stuff.

ElFly

dunno I really liked Black just going Super Saiyajin Rosé and overpowering Vegeta, and the switch of his ki aura to his blade was a great moment

edit: also, Zamasu appearing with the badass music at the end is one of the biggest "oh my god they are fucked" moments

with Mai and Trunks meeting again we got good character moments for them two, Vegeta acting like a dork being proud of his son all the time, etc it was really really good, compounded by Goku just smirking at Vegeta doing so, so character wise it was a great episode too

Toriyama forgot in DBZ

he has been p good at remembering now. I think it helps he reread all of dragon ball before jumping into super

ant1532

Banned
The 'Toriyama forgot' thing isn't totally false since he himself has admitted it the past. At least he reread his own work before coming into this new stuff.

yeah and then everyone tried to cram that joke into every little thing and it became very corny(or i became salty, whos to say). but this is jusst my opiniooon. dragonball is soo gooood right now, im so happy

HeroR

yeah and then everyone tried to cram that joke into every little thing and it became very corny(or i became salty, whos to say). but this is jusst my opiniooon. dragonball is soo gooood right now, im so happy

Maybe you should call it, 'Toriyama remembers'.

ElFly

of course maybe people dislike the gang sitting down to discuss their big problem, cause their standard for "good dragon ball" would be goku and vegeta banning everyone from stopping Zamasu's plans cause they want to fight him in a fair fight

HeroR

of course maybe people dislike the gang sitting down to discuss their big problem, cause their standard for "good dragon ball" would be goku and vegeta banning everyone from stopping Zamasu's plans cause they want to fight him in a fair fight

I don't think so, since Zamasu becoming an immortal is hardly fair to anyone.

dlauv

This was a good episode. This show is a lot smarter than Z, or at the very least surprisingly tailored to contemporary tastes. The tone is post-Z-angst in the best way, and the pacing is a lot tighter.

I just wish they weren't so committed to making Goku a 4kids protagonist. He acts way more childish than the BoG or RoF movies and his maturity seems to be dropping more and more. Maybe the art doesn't help (n.n). I hope the dub fills in the gaps in this case.

HeroR

So with the interaction between Gowasu and Beerus/Goku/Whis I don't think Zamasu is trying to/going to kill Gowasu.

I do wonder. It's impossible to tell since the previews are so deceptive. I mean, they used Whis' image spots to make it appear that Zamasu used the Super Dragon Balls.

But the spoilers for Episodes 59 and 60 say Zamasu is trying to commit murder. But those summeries always leave out vital information.

The Light

Guess this episode made it pretty clear that it is present Zamasu using the alt future time ring. Good way to get around the android saga present and future disconnect.

#SpoilertagsMatter

Anyway, as a reminder of why Black is (probably) wearing the other potaro earring, we've seen Gowasu do the same thing when he temporarily made Zamasu Kaioshin by giving him his earring. The same must apply to Black, since otherwise he wouldn't be able to use the time ring. (already mentioned this in last week's speculation too)

I wonder what would happen if you ripped it off though. Like, assuming he's using a 'forward' function, would the person whose potaro is removed just *pop* back to where they started or be lost in time?

At this point I am ready to see Tea-lover (tm by Gowasu) drink shit and die though. Like, come on man, you're way too addicted to that stuff and the Godtube. You had one job.
Then again, I imagine the kaioshin life must be really fucking boring anyway. Now you know why Kami wanted Goku to take the job: sure he'd be incompetent as shit but at least you're not stuck on that lookout anymore. "Booyah motherfuckers, Kami is outta here". And then he got fused and died. Sucks.

I like where this is going, but i hate Goku in Super. I can't imagine dub Z Goku being this stupid.

This is the same person that immediately forgot when and where the androids were going to attack right after Trunks told him.
Do people seriously only remember the serious stuff Goku did in Z?

Is it an inconsistency that Black and Zamasu showed up first in Trunk's timeline, where Goku was dead and therefore never visited Zamasu, no tournament between universe 6/7 probably ever happened and nobody would have really known about the super dragon balls?

Surely a Zamasu and Black would only theoretically show up in the 'good' future where the Z fighters survived the android era? Unless that future doesn't exist yet, but the bad future does exist because it's already going to have happened?

Am I overthinking it? Or was this already explained.

Is it an inconsistency that Black and Zamasu showed up first in Trunk's timeline, where Goku was dead and therefore never visited Zamasu, no tournament between universe 6/7 probably ever happened and nobody would have really known about the super dragon balls?

Surely a Zamasu and Black would only theoretically show up in the 'good' future where the Z fighters survived the android era? Unless that future doesn't exist yet, but the bad future does exist because it's already going to have happened?

Am I overthinking it? Or was this already explained.

We don't know yet, the cast is assuming that the Zamasu in the future is the Zamasu from this time though. Why is he in Trunks's time? We don't know yet.
The arc is being presented as a mystery, we're supposed to be confused and guessing.

Slaythe

This is the same person that immediately forgot when and where the androids were going to attack right after Trunks told him.

Having issues processing a ton of information isn't the same as being an hyperactive moron like he is in Super.

olympia

Hmm need to catch up to this, who's best subs in lieu of dragon team who have fallen behind?

i've heard batman is good. i don't know japanese so i can't attest to the quality but ajay says they are decent.

viz has all been translating the manga on their website if you feel like reading that

Kazuhira

Nope but Goku was never this childish and dumb in Z,he went full-time retard instead of 50/50.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
-Want to let live Freezer.
-Give to Cell a senzu bean.
-Don't defeat Buu because want the kids do the work.

To me everything is pretty childish.

None of that is childish. Him giving a senzu to Cell was more ignorance to Gohan's wishes and wanting the kids to carry the torch was a great character progression that Toriyama stupidly went back on.

LordOfChaos

Loool

HWBQBRf.jpg

None of that is childish. Him giving a senzu to Cell was more ignorance to Gohan's wishes and wanting the kids to carry the torch was a great character progression that Toriyama stupidly went back on.

Isn't it development in its own way that Goku gives up trying to shove the role of Earth's protector onto his kids and at the end of the Buu arc just accepts that role as his? Goku trying to pass the torch always felt more like he just didn't want to be Earth's protector.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Isn't it development in its own way that Goku gives up trying to shove the role of Earth's protector onto his kids and at the end of the Buu arc just accepts that role as his? Goku trying to pass the torch always felt more like he just didn't want to be Earth's protector.

I mean... he still doesn't really want to be Earth's protector.

Felt like character regression and writer regression to me. Goku accepted his death at the end of the cell arc and passed the torch to his son who was perfectly capable of the task seeing as how his potential was higher and was stronger as well. Fast forward 7 years sure goku got that day but you knew throughout that arc he had to go back to being dead so still the weight of the world was still on gohan and to an extent goten and gotenks shoulders further being cemented by Vegeta dying as well.

Astral Dog

i thought it was one of the best episodes in Super, the dinner,the kids. Yajirobe. Trunks and Mai (though im beggining to hate Mai) the resistance asking for autograph, them arriving finally to kill Black, he totally unfazed by Vegetas Blue transformation, proceding to humilliate him (again, though in Super Vegeta is so used to this he no longer cares), and finally the twist that Zamas is working with Black bit its NOT him.

one of the best, honestly

ncxTSq8.gif

I was gonna try piecing this pan shot together with bits from the top and bottom of the frame, but then I realized Kaioshin is on a different layer from the other three so as the camera moves up more of Goku is shown. There goes that idea.

Very well balanced episode. It was bound to be filledrbut it actually moved the plot along significantly. Zamasu's descent into evil is becoming more and more palpable. The future stuff with Mai is kind of irrelevant right now but the pretense of them possibly stopping Zamasu now and altering the future is quite interesting to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom