• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think Vegeta gave him his best fight.

Hopefully you mean the first fight, not the Buu saga.

People here like to talk of the impact hits in the original DBZ had and I know what they mean. But sometimes it was so damn repetitive and nothing illustrates that more than Majin Vegeta vs Goku.

Skeeter49

Who do you guys think gave Goku the best fight? Imma go with Cell https://youtu.be/Q8ERrabjkpY

In terms of pacing sure.
Frieza fight suffered a lot of pacing issues, especially in the original. Kai fixed it a little, but it still goes on too long.

Even the Piccolo fight, there are some episodes that were lackluster.

Maybe Goku vs. King Piccolo is up there.
Same for Tien and Goku.
I need to rewatch the Goku vs. Cell fight.

Karsha

Can Piccolo regenerate entire parts of his body or is it limbs only? Has he ever been shown regenerating his torso? Head?

Its not shown but when he was a stone statue during the Darbura fight he gets broken into pieces and somehow returns to his normal forms telling the kids that he regenerated lol

Skeeter49

Can Piccolo regenerate entire parts of his body or is it limbs only? Has he ever been shown regenerating his torso? Head?

In the Buu saga, he said something like as long as his head remains he should be able to regenerate.
We see that in the Buu saga when Trunks knocks him over as a statue and breaks him.
Edit: Beaten like Goten.

As much as I like the Vegeta fight- How could the answer by anything other than Freeza?

That's​ one of the most iconic fights in the medium, and that's probably understating it a little.

I think Goku had a much more persistent struggle with Cell than he did with Freiza. Iconic has nothing to do with it.

Daingurse

As much as I like the Vegeta fight- How could the answer by anything other than Freeza?

That's​ one of the most iconic fights in the medium, and that's probably understating it a little.

That fight is certainly up there for me. Goku vs Frieza has some of the best moments in the series. Yet still, Goku vs Vegeta comes out on top for me. The beam-struggle is still my favorite scene in this franchise to date! Hell, anime period really.

And man, Vegeta simply refused to die! He just kept coming back like a damn horror villain. I love that damn fight.

HardRojo

Agreed fully.
66c0dd52277622e644a7312449c16df7b2e905f8_hq.gif

Zolo

The big thing with Goku vs Frieza is that it wasn't as big of a struggle as it was with Goku vs Piccolo and Goku vs Vegeta. Once Goku gets Super Saiyan, he basically dominates the fight.

HardRojo

I loved this moment from the Trunks Special retelling of the Goku vs Frieza fight.
The 360 flip to land after the back kick deserves a fucking SSS rating from DMC.

giphy.gif

Gestahl

Both Goku vs Piccolo's (not counting the very first time he got ganked by Piccolo Sr) leaned pretty heavily toward Goku. They only ever really got the upperhand through abusing some external inconvenience of Goku's, like taking Tien hostage or threatening the tournament's audience, or catching him off guard like at the very end of the last fight when Goku got all his limbs busted.

RocknRola

I loved this moment from the Trunks Special retelling of the Goku vs Frieza fight.
The 360 flip to land after the back kick deserves a fucking SSS rating from DMC.

giphy.gif

The fact that they've shown us that they can still make stuff like this hurts more than anything :p

We need THAT in Super!

Yeah. She's older than Goten and Trunks were in the Buu saga now.

For the same reason Goten and Trunks still act the same as in the Buu saga.

New headcanon: whis messing with Time on Earth has the side effect of no-one aging who was already born. Pan, Bra and anyone born after can age, but everyone else is stuck as is forever.

LordOfChaos

The more I think about it, the more I'm really going to be disappointed if this scene isn't reenacted by Caulifla and someone from U7, preferably Goku :p

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

Might explain the mannerism difference too, she's tribal but can act innocent to trick people into dropping their guard, then "Please, don't hurt little old SAIYAN HULK ME!"

HardRojo

The fact that they've shown us that they can still make stuff like this hurts more than anything :p

We need THAT in Super!
I hope that somewhere down the line we get a small retelling of the Goku Black arc, along with better animation and choreography, they could do wonders for it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The thing that's tripping me up is that FemBroly is seen with the U11 team in promo shots. It makes me think that maybe Toppo's group scouted her from U6 and added her to the team, which would make Caulifla a different character entirely.

They could very easily be the same person though. Who knows.

EmiPrime

Wait, what? Thought 18 had one as well, which is why she was going to blow up against Semi Perfect Cell.

Becoming Goten's #1 fan/ Gohan's #1 hater until Kagari bans me, if wrong

She could self-destruct but unlike 16's bomb the damage wouldn't have been a big explosion. Krillin used the Dragon Ball's to wish away the self-destruct bombs in 17 and 18 anyway.

Base form Goku should still be strong. Even Whis said that they have to get strong in their base forms first to improve elsewhere.

But this could be magical fuckery and Goku willingly going soft on him to see how much he can stand.

That's not how that works tho. They've been walking back base form strength for a while now.

Well, the show specifically states that training your base form gives you a boost in all areas. That's what they were doing in RoF, after RoF, and more. It wouldn't make sense for their base forms to be at Buu arc levels, even if they aren't hitting God levels in their base form anytime soon.

Skeeter49

I mean, Goku in base can scale back as much as he needs to when fighting Roshi.
He doesn't want to hurt Roshi, especially when he needs Roshi to fight in 9 hours.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think he's talking about the real world time.

Anyway, yeah, it's Super itself that pushed Vegeta as a co-star, he really didn't have such stable costarring position back in Z. He was popular and participated in the final battle, but usually didn't actually keep up with Goku and often could be sidelined for a while.

I wonder if what we're seeing now might just be the result of a new producer and directors taking over and pushing the cast balance in a different direction.

Hard to say but he was somewhat sidelined at the start of the Trunks arc too and then following 67 he was off-screen for a while. Could just be Toriyama doesn't know what to do with him again and Toei really wants to push the other characters like Gohan and Krillin instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom