• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

Haha, Vegeta is actually my favorite character overall, but Gohan is a known quantity! I won't be surprised if he leap frogs over everybody. Still, I wouldn't count out the Prince of Saiyans just yet though.
He has Bulla as motivation for becoming stronger. I hope he doesn't get left behind lol.

Yall forgetting Gohan is only this serious because the fate of the world depends on it.

The second it ends and they're all like "let's keep training Gohan" he'll be

"Are you kidding? There's a new TED Talk out, lateeeer"

botty

Banned
Wat? it was pretty obvious from both his fight with Cell and Buu

Was it though?

I see Vegeta's actions as more blatantly arrogant then those moments with Gohan. Vegeta letting cell reach perfect form was arrogance. Gohan being taking his time to kill Cell, which then led to the self-destruct was more naivety and stupidity than arrogance for me.

I can understand it being arrogance though and see it as so now.

That's been his major character flaw for decades. This episode is the best for finally pointing it out to him.

Are there other instances other than the Buu and Cell thing... which I always found to be out of character and required a sudden new power to appear in his personality?

slump09s10.jpg
...hmmmm. Nah my point still stands, lol

other than Buu and Cell there probably weren't other instances because he was a cry baby before then. During the Cell arc is when they started spoiling him with 'you are the most special kid ever and the strongest and everybody loves you'

of course it made his head bigger lol

Was it though?

I see Vegeta's actions as more blatantly arrogant then those moments with Gohan. Vegeta letting cell reach perfect form was arrogance. Gohan being taking his time to kill Cell, which then led to the self-destruct was more naivety and stupidity than arrogance for me.

Are there other instances other than the Buu and Cell thing... which I always found to be out of character and required a sudden new power to appear in his personality?
It always felt clear to me, what I'm surprised about is that the a one is actually directly addressing it which I wasn't expecting to be honest

Vice

Was it though?

That is a couple decades. Once he got through with "let us wait for dad." Gohan became a bit of a cocky jerk who liked styling on dudes.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

It started surfacing the moment he outclassed everyone, so vs. Cell and Buu. Both times Gohan let himself get too cocky and made mistakes as a result.

Super trying to progress his character from that happening again is a welcome change. I don't think anyone wants to see him repeat the same mistakes, again.

Skeeter49

He caused his father and poor ol king Kai( who still to this day feels that pain) to die

So he did the best thing possible for Z.
Goku dying was his own fault, he could have dropped Cell off, and teleported away. Not enough time? Don't spend 20 seconds talking to your son telling him there's no other way when that's a lie.

And he tried to spare Ginyu, which got him filled with holes.

And he missed the earring when Goku threw it. (half joking)

Goku's fault for never taking him to one of Yamcha's Baseball games.

L Thammy

Does anyone have a picture comparing the two female Sayains? I want to show my friend. I'd do it myself but I'm on mobile.

I googled "female saiyan super" and I just got images of half-naked sexy Saiyans. :|

At least Gohan didn't intentionally make his enemy stronger.
Or try to befriend them.

Or heal them and forfeit the match so that they have an easier time beating the shit out of his child.

Azerare

I definitely liked the father-son moment piccolo and gohan had during the episode. Weird how Goku still cannot do that with his own child lol.

Skeeter49

I definitely liked the father-son moment piccolo and gohan had during the episode. Weird how Goku still cannot do that with his own child lol.

He tries with Goten. Until now where Vegeta seems to be spending more time with him.

I googled "female saiyan super" and I just got images of half-naked sexy Saiyans. :|

Or heal them and forfeit the match so that they have an easier time beating the shit out of his child.
There's still time for that to happen in Super.

caliph95

Code:
[IMG]https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/1/1e/U6_Broly_base.png/revision/latest?cb=20170122025353[/IMG][IMG]https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/6/64/Cauli.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170418154037[/IMG][IMG]https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/a/a1/C-nrmEGUIAEsnmi.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170430005621[/IMG]
[IMG]https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/b/b4/C-nrXErXcAASpu2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170430005553[/IMG]

CO_Andy

was nobody hyped to see 18 finally fight?

i doubt there's going to be a second female Saiyan

the Saiyans from Universe 6 look like normal humans :/

HeroR

So he did the best thing possible for Z.
Goku dying was his own fault, he could have dropped Cell off, and teleported away. Not enough time? Don't spend 20 seconds talking to your son telling him there's no other way when that's a lie.

Goku's fault for never taking him to one of Yamcha's Baseball games.

You just like he let Piccolo die not once but twice because he was a wimp?

HardRojo

Code:
[IMG]https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/1/1e/U6_Broly_base.png/revision/latest?cb=20170122025353[/IMG][IMG]https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/6/64/Cauli.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170418154037[/IMG][IMG]https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/a/a1/C-nrmEGUIAEsnmi.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170430005621[/IMG]
[IMG]https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/b/b4/C-nrXErXcAASpu2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170430005553[/IMG]

So they are two different Saiyans? What's going on here?

L Thammy

I still think they could be the same, but the OP has her personality wrong. Their body and face shapes are similar, and they both wear similar arm bands.

the Saiyans from Universe 6 look like normal humans :/

Cabba's master looks like a samurai. Combined with all Saiyans having black hair, I kind of feel like the U6 ones are just superpowered alternate universe Japanese people. Whereas U7 Saiyans are more, I dunno, Khanate era Mongolians?

goku may have been there for baby gohan, but he probably didn't put 2 and 2 together that it's his son. Chichi must've tricked him into sex, considering he has never kissed her.

But yeah, while the series is retconnig and giving everyone different powerups, let's see Tien pull off a Kaioken next? I mean, he trained on King Kai's planet as well so there'd at least be a canonical reason for him to pull out a new move.

HeroR

True, it's just probably not goku's nature. Piccolo is just pops for Gohan I mean he saved Gohan from Nappa and their relationship just grew from there.

Gohan doesn't view Piccolo as a father figure. Just a good friend. He made this clear when he states he admires Piccolo almost as much as his dad.

Piccolo being Gohan's second dad is fandom.

But yeah, while the series is retconnig and giving everyone different powerups, let's see Tien pull off a Kaioken next? I mean, he trained on King Kai's planet as well so there'd at least be a canonical reason for him to pull out a new move.

They haven't retcon anything. The only person who power up is Gohan. Piccolo just got stronger, the same with 17.

NeonZ

I still think they could be the same, but the OP has her personality wrong. Their body and face shapes are similar, and they both wear similar arm bands.

It's weird that we never got Toriyama art for that original design from the opening and got it for this look even before her debut. Also, although they kept her base design in the shot of the Pride Troopers, they removed the transformation scene itself.

Like I mentioned before, it makes me think she was originally designed by someone else, but Toriyama overruled that design with what we're seeing now. Maybe they'll reuse the original design (with no LSSJ transformation) for an unrelated fighter though since they'd need as many designs as possible for the tournament.

L Thammy

It's weird that we never got Toriyama art for that original design from the opening and got it for this look even before her debut. Also, although they kept her base design in the shot of the Pride Troopers, they removed the transformation scene itself.

Like I mentioned before, it makes me think she was originally designed by someone else, but Toriyama overruled that design with what we're seeing now. Maybe they'll reuse the original design (with no LSSJ transformation) for an unrelated fighter though since they'd need as many designs as possible for the tournament.

I suppose that scenario's happened plenty of before:

But it's bizarre to me to think an unfinished design would have made it to the screen. Would they really have gone ahead and done that before getting approval, even knowing that the opening would be seen in every episode?

ElFly

so this episode at least clarified

-Piccolo is indeed beyond Super Saiyan...hell, on Mystic Gohan level? of course Mystic Gohan is maybe not on the same level as saiyan saga
-Mystic is now a form

also the last episode implies that 17 was not aware inside Cell; he deduces that Kaioh's planet was where Cell exploded; he doesn't recognize neither the planet nor Kaioh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom