• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
no hating on papa saiyan

true MVP

LMmDZUU.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope the time chamber is gone forever. It was a stupid McGuffin to begin with

Turin

Banned
The sacred bang has returned. :')

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/858684927071719424

Even Funimation is jokingly referring to Piccolo as Gohan's dad.

Hah! Wonder if Christopher Sabat had anything to do with that.

Poor dragon!

dbz11-11.jpg

That was a nice call back.

LTTP on..... just about everything but right now I'm almost most excited to see Krillin get back to being a crafty, clever bastard in the tournament.

As a original Dragon Ball fan I liked that they showed Android 8 for a couple of seconds some episodes ago :D But that Gohan ate that dinosaur tail again was very amusing :D

Skeeter49

Does Mystic Gohan have a place in a world where Goku and Vegeta reached a power similar to a God?
Yes, since god powers does not suddenly make them stronger than anyone who isn't a god. It gave them a significant power boost, just like SSJ did. If Gohan can surpass all the known SSJ level's with mystic, he can potentially reach god level without god ki.

Or they could always combine mystic with god ki, who knows..

Skeeter49

Piccolo: For your next training, you're going to disguise yourself as a poacher attacking park rangers, and attack some animals.

Gohan: Why?

Piccolo: You'll find out, oh let me show you this picture of a Minotauros, make sure to attack it, there are many of them so one loss won't matter too much.

PsionBolt

Gohan's the best, but "mystic" is boring malarkey. Super Saiyan 2 should always be Gohan's thing. Don't be deceived by the bang -- he's at his coolest with a golden bang. SS2 is the origin of the bang!

...It's probably just because I've been watching the Saiyaman / pre-Buu episodes of Kai.

Does Mystic Gohan have a place in a world where Goku and Vegeta reached a power similar to a God?

There are numerous people we've been introduced to who are able to match SSB Goku/Vegeta in strength without God Ki. Frieza, Hit, apparently 17, at least two of the Pride troopers, and assumedly lots more.

Mystic Gohan matching them is fine too.

Lamel

Banned
Cool to see Gohan using ultimate (and then taking that L from piccolo's arm lmao).

Awesome to see piccolo being a badass again too.

Slaythe

And for the record, the " surpassing " talk doesn't make much sense currently.

They are blurring the lines entirely to allow for interesting fights and everybody to be relevant based on which tier they're in, in different ways.

Each will have something unique, I highly doubt they'd clarify a ranking.

Goku gotta be on top I guess because he's Goku, but that's about it.

I see it like this :

Tier 1- plot armor

Goku : Kaioken and new form

Tier 2 - heavy hitters

Vegeta : ssb, brute strength

Gohan : anger burst, combo attacks with piccolo

17 : perfect defense and speed + whatever he hid from Goku, combo attacks with 18

Majin Buu : indestructible, magic abilities,

Tier 3 - strategists

Piccolo : strategist, lots of surprising moves

18 : has a focused mind unlike her "immature" brother, speed and a flawless combination with her brother and husband

Tier 4 - utility

Roshi : the mystery card
Krilin : useful techniques and analytic mind when cornered
Tien : Kikoho to ring out people is a given !

Goon

Why don't they wish back frieza? I'm sure they can make a deal with frieza that they will revive him if he fights for them in the tournament. Sure frieza might fight them in the future but dealing with frieza seems better than dealing with the entire universe being wiped out.

L Thammy

I think it would be interesting if Goku and Vegeta would actualy die for good and someone else would have to take over.

Caulifla can't control herself and kills them, getting herself disqualified from the tournament. The rest of Earth's Special Forces have to team up to take down Jiren, Bergamo, and Hit.

Why don't they wish back frieza? I'm sure they can make a deal with frieza that they will revive him if he fights for them in the tournament. Sure frieza might fight them in the future but dealing with frieza seems better than dealing with the entire universe being wiped out.

Wish back Cell and put him through the Super Saiyan God ritual. He's got Goku and Vegeta's genes; he'd be in it just to fight strong opponents.

CryptiK

This episode generally looked fine. Not amazing, but alright. I know some people differ on how they want Gohan drawn, but I was fine with this episode. Honestly if there was one area where the art struggled, I thought it was with Piccolo.

Still a fun episode. Any episode where Piccolo uses his stretchy arms is fun in my book.

Episode was great animation sucked.

I mean Beerus could just make him do it

HeroR

Haha. 17's power increase is still more bullshit.

At least Piccolo knows about the time chamber and could have use it.

No offense, but the time chamber isn't a magical place where everyone gets super strong. Piccolo couldn't even reached Perfect Cell's level using it. And neither could Vegeta or Trunks.

It isn't just about power, but also team work. And Frieza isn't a team player and that guy is stupid. He would get the universe erased if it means getting back at Goku.

After reading a couple of pages back. I don't know how people just automatically assume caulifla and fembroccoli are the same. We know nothing yet.

Also one small thing is that fembroly looked a bit timid before her transformation, whereas caulifla just kinda looked pissed and happy while eating. I mean we won't really know until we see the episodes but still.

Zolo

After reading a couple of pages back. I don't know how people just automatically assume caulifla and fembroccoli are the same. We know nothing yet.

Also one small thing is that fembroly looked a bit timid before her transformation, whereas caulifla just kinda looked pissed and happy while eating. I mean we won't really know until we see the episodes but still.

As I said before, if she's supposed to be Fem!Broly, it's a complete redesign rather than her just changing clothes.

Daingurse

I like them both, but I like Vegeta more than Gohan though :(

Haha, Vegeta is actually my favorite character overall, but Gohan is a known quantity! I won't be surprised if he leap frogs over everybody. Still, I wouldn't count out the Prince of Saiyans just yet though.

Kazuhira

I'm kinda confused about this Caulifla girl,is she the legendary SSJ?
The girl in the opening kinda looks different,unless she is pretending to be weak and fragile so she can take everyone by suprise during the tournament.
Also, i really dig her normal SSJ form.

L Thammy

slump09s10.jpg

Zolo

tha yamcha joke being part of the actual show is great and all, but I feel they're building it up too much and it won't be too satisfying.

It'd be funny if we'll get another Yamcha-focused episode after the current arc where he asks about being invited to the tournament, and they put in a mock-tournament to not hurt his feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom