• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vegeta defeated 3 people before him
and goku wouldnt have done shit vs hit if it werent for vegeta figuring out his time...thing

show some respect to the prince of all sayians
those three didn't do any real damage to Geets, dude completely crumbled to Hit while Goku took a shit ton of blows. Guy was getting knocked out of SSB and still getting back up, I don't know what happened to Geets.

And Goku has the galactic king to thank for literally telling him how Hit's time skip worked, not Vegeta, he can still thank Vegeta for going first and getting destroyed though.

HardRojo

I know people have a hard time deciphering scenes, because people still don't get it even when spelled out for them, like the ssj caulifla scene, but trunks getting the energy really isn't so abstract that it's hard to get.

Trunks literally says to zamasu: "We will never let you crush our will to live".
Now prior to this, before the energy actually appears trunks says: "We work together and survive! That's who we mortals are!"
Right there is where trunks' willpower and desperation reaches its peak, you can even see it in how the expression in eyes change.
"Trunks' light" appears directly after this realisation; whatever happened to trunks is 100000000% driven by the power of will/hope/guts/spiral energy/whatevertropeyouwanttocallit.
Now with this trope it doesn't matter that's a bunch of "weak humans and a 2 kids", which is very reductionist on it's own but whatever, the point of this Power® is that it comes from deep within and is literally The Strongest There is™, but only in deepest desperation.

So even if it was just 1 weak ass dumb kid, their hope and desperation would still fuel trunks to cut zamasu in half.

Also whatever XV did with the cut obviously isn't canon, it just serves the multiple timelines/universe spanning narrative of XV as a whole. Fucking GT was giving power to trunks SMH

All in all, I think I would've preferred a scene that combined the events from the anime and XV2, it would've made for an overall more enjoyable scene in my opinion. And yeah, GT appearing there didn't sit well with me at all lol.

I actually don't expect Vegeta to face off against Jiren. I honestly think he's going to be the victim of "friendly fire" courtesy of Freeza. Freeza and Frost has their side deal going so I expect them to be responsible for Vegeta's elimination.

If anyone jobs to Jiren, I believe it will be 17. I can see both him and 18 getting eliminated him and Toppo respectively, after they themselves have already eliminated some Pride Troopers.

Gohan better do the McDonald eyes when he's the only one from U7 remaining on the battlefield and he realizes the fate of his universe rests on his shoulders

Please I need it

"hehe, leave it to me Beerus Sama n_n"

Vegeta getting knocked out is the only thing that will create "shock" for Gohan and Goku. Like "wow, Vegeta lost to blue fat girl?! She must be tough"

if other people early, no one will care.

Or if he jobs against Jiren or Kale (pls no)

I would rather Vegeta lose to ribrianne than kale

I don't think he's going to lose a contest of power though

way to shit more on Krillin

How?? Beerus legit said u9 is trash

HardRojo

To think we just had this some episodes ago...

tumblr_opkgllaZl51ujwg5zo1_500.gif

tumblr_opkgllaZl51ujwg5zo3_500.gif

I'm ready to say goodbye to Vegeta
giphy.gif

Tienshinhan is going to get knocked out
during Kale's rampage
isn't he?
Nah I don't think anyone from U7 will get knocked out by it, only random people from U2, U3 and/or U4. Watch Tenshinhan end up being the one with the most eliminations next to Kale.

Galang

Banned
They're fucked if Vegeta gets knocked off so early, but it would be awesome actually. Give the other characters a time to shine more

Krillin is held to a lower standard than Vegeta though

Vegeta didn't get multiple episodes of build up, showing his new moves, having him overcome his insecurities, doing everything possible to say "Krillin is back!". Krillin hasn't been held to a standard this high since the saiyan saga.

Tien has a chance(a very very very small one) of doing more than Krillin and all he did was get fisted by Gohan.

Real Hero

No less embarrassing than what they did to him in episodes 89 and 90...

I thought it was fair enough to say 'Roshi is way more powerful now' by showing he can beat Tien if he wants to but then also not giving Tien anything to do in the tournament at all would be pretty harsh on top of it

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Vegeta didn't get multiple episodes of build up, showing his new moves, having him overcome his insecurities, doing everything possible to say "Krillin is back!". Krillin hasn't been held to a standard this high since the saiyan saga.

Tien has a chance(a very very very small one) of doing more than Krillin and all he did was get fisted by Gohan.

Tenshinhan also never retired from martial arts like Krillin did though. They had to at least show Krillin getting back into the swing of things to an extent since they made a deal about his retirement previously.

I can believe Vegeta getting kicked off early, Goku and his sprog will be the last 2 standing. But it's pretty obvious Vegeta is gonna get done nice n' dirty, would not be surprised seeing Freeza fucking him over.

It's not going to be a power thing, that's clear enough what with everyone bar Goku being weaker than Vegeta in U7, but yeah he's going out soon and I can come back when the tournament finishes sometime next year.

The next story arc will be interesting to see, no way will it involve the angels though. Daddy smurg angel is suppose to be strong as all fuck, if I recall correctly he could mess Whis up with no issues at all. Toriyama will come up with some shit though, I have faith in him doing that.

spidye

wasn't vegeta the only character in U7 who didn't get an episode dedicated to him before the tournament?

it seems everyone else got at least one.
would not be surprising if he's sidelined this arc and gets knocked out early

Real Hero

wasn't vegeta the only character in U7 who didn't get an episode dedicated to him before the tournament?

Krillin got a few so not sure that's the best way to judge

He changed a diaper and that was all he needed to show his character development and his sheer awesome power.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Woah I've never thought of it like that. Would be pretty clever if that's the actual order.

Gohan and Goku working together is a dream come true. Please let it happen.

Father/son dynamic > Goku/rivalry he doesn't even care about dynamic.

The pattern for Vegeta in Super so far has been a moment/s in the sun followed by being overshadowed or defeated, so I'd expect that to happen in the tournament too.

BoG - "my Bulma" powers him up to being temporarily stronger than Goku, only for the latter to get God powers 5 mins later leaving Geets in the dust.

RoF - clearly winning against Frieza, but dies via planet explosion and Goku kills Frieza again.

Champa tournament - he wins the most matches out of anyone but immediately loses to Hit. Goku then whips out Kaioken and is more or less on par with Hit leaving Geets in the dust once again.

Future Trunks - by the end of it Vegeta was definitely stronger than Black, but nope Goku and Trunks gets the 'win' in the end before Zeno cleans house.

So if he were to get knocked out soon hes probably first gonna get a big win before he is taken out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom