• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
From Facebook

6yGHUZs.jpg

What is this, the order they'll get knocked out?

Magwik

Banned
So it the ED somehow gives out a new location, and the elimination order, is it fair to say the tournament is only the first part of the arc?
With as many setup episodes as we got, it wouldn't make sense for the tournament to be so short.

It makes sense because it was Zamasu's own doing (and it also explained whatever the fuck the rift Goku Black tore apart was), so in a way Zamasu brought his downfall upon himself, plus it also made Trunks' Spirit Sword receive the energy from different timelines, which makes its strength a lot more understandable and easier to digest compared to the one from the anime, where he only received the energy of the handful of people who were still alive.

It doesn't make sense though, it's just some hole in the universe, it makes no sense all the z fighters are happily giving energy to this random ass impossibility that just appears out of nowhere.
It makes for a nice "feel good" image, but it's pretty terrible when you actually break it down.

It ultimately doesn't matter what that cut was, the point of it was only to show how insane zamasu was at that point, he himself not knowing what it was, but also not giving a single fuck about it.

In xv we have zamasu and trunks calmly talking to each other until trunks kindly asks everyone to lend him more power...I almost fell asleep.

In the anime The Power® manifests itself through sheer will, hope and desperation, trunks doesn't even realise what's happening until he really feels everyone's hope. This is a much, much, much better narrative vehicle to drive home just how insane and actually hopeless the situation was, yet trunks doesn't give up, The Power® respects that.

Shit was hype.

Zalman

Dragonball has been seriously hilarious at points. I would love this. It's kinda lame he sat out all of Dragonball z.
Yeah, I love the idea. It's just too funny. And it makes sense too in this kind of setting. It's not just about power level anymore.

LiamExe

Tien will be the last man standing because the animators will have forgotten all about him up until the last possible moment and realise they have to add him back in.

Ixion

Vegeta being knocked out early would also give him a reason to be pissed off. And pissed off Vegeta is best.

That would come into play either in the next phase of the arc, or the next arc entirely.

Daingurse

Vegeta legit got Kid Buu looking at him like dude what the fuck because of that

Yeah, it's insane that Vegeta was able to survive against Kid Buu. The power gap was enormous.

I also like to think of all the punishment he took on Earth during the Saiyan Saga. It's definitely a consistent trait of Vegeta throughout the series. Like, I was watching the 1st Zarbon fight the other day, and was just kinda marvelled at badly he was got trounced. Zarbon beat the living shit outta of him, haha.

HardRojo

It doesn't make sense though, it's just some hole in the universe, it makes no sense all the z fighters are happily giving energy to this random ass impossibility that just appears out of nowhere.
It makes for a nice "feel good" image, but it's pretty terrible when you actually break it down.

It ultimately doesn't matter what that cut was, the point of it was only to show how insane zamasu was at that point, he himself not knowing what it was, but also not giving a single fuck about it.

In xv we have zamasu and trunks calmly talking to each other until trunks kindly asks everyone to lend him more power...I almost fell asleep.

In the anime The Power® manifests itself through sheer will, hope and desperation, trunks doesn't even realise what's happening until he really feels everyone's hope. This is a much, much, much better narrative vehicle to drive home just how insane and actually hopeless the situation was, yet trunks doesn't give up, The Power® respects that.

Shit was hype.

The warriors in the present timeline knew what was going on, they don't need to make sense of the situation to realize a genki dama is being created when they feel it, heck, I'm sure they all know about it after Majin Buu and how noteworthy that genki dama was.

Your point about what the rift was not mattering doesn't contradict that it was nice to see what exactly it was in XV2, in fact I'd say it's better to see it's more than a simple asspull, and its use in XV2 gives it meaning, unlike the anime, where it simply "exists" for reasons.
I'm not talking about dialogue here, those are interchangeable between the anime and XV2, execution is what ultimately gives it more impact in my opinion.

In the anime, Trunks pulls an incredible power out of weak humans and 2 kids, never before have we been explained that "sheer will" also powers up the genki dama, if that were the case, they wouldn't have needed the energy of all Earthlings in the Buu saga, it simply doesn't make sense that Trunks is able to obtain such a power from 0.000001% of Earth's population. Not to mention Trunks already had 2 asspulls in the anime: Mafuba and whatever SS Rage is.

Daingurse

Come on now. He has eliminated 6 guys already.

I don't care about him knocking out a bunch of mooks who never had a chance of hanging with him at full power. It's not really impressive, man. This is a survival game, so being eliminated early isn't a good look any way you slice it. That's why I'm extremely dissapointing in Krillin letting his guard down, and getting eliminated so damn soon.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Lol Beerus would Hakai Vegeta for getting eliminated that early.

But yeah, it's not a surprise if he does get eliminated. He's been used as a punching bag by the show's creators in like every major arc.

HardRojo

I'm fine with Vegeta getting knocked out of the stage a bit earlier than we'd expect, since he's been an asshole about teamwork, but I'd love to see him have at least 2 amazing fights, we know for sure one will be against Ribrianne (probably his last fight), so I'm looking forward to the other one being against Kale.

Vegeta getting eliminated early would make sense in the grand school. He's supposed to be the "second strongest" mortal of Universe 7 so him getting taken out early would raise the stakes.

Tien I'm on the fence about because on the one hand he's the only person to notice the cloaked participants but on the other I could easily see the writers still having him job and then having someone else like Piccolo or Roshi be the ones to take them out.

Or maybe Tien takes them down but then gets sucker punched by Frost, just like Krillin.

Jmille99

I hate the idea of Vegeta being knocked out early (would have rather Goku in that position to put U7 in a whole new state of worry)...but at the same time if this theory is accurate...would be ecstatic to see Gohan as the last man standing.

HardRojo

I hate the idea of Vegeta being knocked out early (would have rather Goku in that position to put U7 in a whole new state of worry)...but at the same time if this theory is accurate...would be ecstatic to see Gohan as the last man standing.

As much as I love Vegeta (pretty sure you all can tell he's my favorite character), Goku and Gohan being the last 2 standing for U7 would be hype as fuck. Both of them finally working together and breaking their limits... fuck, I'm down.

bachikarn

From Facebook

6yGHUZs.jpg

You could also switch the direction of the arrow after the first pic. It could go 17, 18, Frieza, Roshi, and then Piccolo (or 18, 17, Frieza, Roshi, Piccolo, or 17, 18, Piccolo, Roshi, Freiza).

It kind of makes sense to me that Piccolo would last a while considering he will likely to be fighting it Gohan for the majority of the time. Cue the typical Piccolo losing triggering a Gohan power up.

The warriors in the present timeline knew what was going on, they don't need to make sense of the situation to realize a genki dama is being created when they feel it, heck, I'm sure they all know about it after Majin Buu and how noteworthy that genki dama was.

Your point about what the rift was not mattering doesn't contradict that it was nice to see what exactly it was in XV2, in fact I'd say it's better to see it's more than a simple asspull, and its use in XV2 gives it meaning, unlike the anime, where it simply "exists" for reasons.
I'm not talking about dialogue here, those are interchangeable between the anime and XV2, execution is what ultimately gives it more impact in my opinion.

In the anime, Trunks pulls an incredible power out of weak humans and 2 kids, never before have we been explained that "sheer will" also powers up the genki dama, if that were the case, they wouldn't have needed the energy of all Earthlings in the Buu saga, it simply doesn't make sense that Trunks is able to obtain such a power from 0.000001% of Earth's population. Not to mention Trunks already had 2 asspulls in the anime: Mafuba and whatever SS Rage is.

I know people have a hard time deciphering scenes, because people still don't get it even when spelled out for them, like the ssj caulifla scene, but trunks getting the energy really isn't so abstract that it's hard to get.

Trunks literally says to zamasu: "We will never let you crush our will to live".
Now prior to this, before the energy actually appears trunks says: "We work together and survive! That's who we mortals are!"
Right there is where trunks' willpower and desperation reaches its peak, you can even see it in how the expression in eyes change.
"Trunks' light" appears directly after this realisation; whatever happened to trunks is 100000000% driven by the power of will/hope/guts/spiral energy/whatevertropeyouwanttocallit.
Now with this trope it doesn't matter that's a bunch of "weak humans and a 2 kids", which is very reductionist on it's own but whatever, the point of this Power® is that it comes from deep within and is literally The Strongest There is™, but only in deepest desperation.

So even if it was just 1 weak ass dumb kid, their hope and desperation would still fuel trunks to cut zamasu in half.

Also whatever XV did with the cut obviously isn't canon, it just serves the multiple timelines/universe spanning narrative of XV as a whole. Fucking GT was giving power to trunks SMH

Mory Dunz

Vegeta getting knocked out is the only thing that will create "shock" for Gohan and Goku. Like "wow, Vegeta lost to blue fat girl?! She must be tough"

if other people early, no one will care.

Or if he jobs against Jiren or Kale (pls no)

Gohan better do the McDonald eyes when he's the only one from U7 remaining on the battlefield and he realizes the fate of his universe rests on his shoulders

Tsunamo

I'd be okay with Vegeta getting knocked out early. Would put a nice spin on things and probably make the Universe 7 contestants a little more nervous (perhaps he runs into Jiren and like Hit is the first one to see his powers in action)

Edit: Just remembered the opening. Guess idol girl will do the deed.

Jmille99

As much as I love Vegeta (pretty sure you all can tell he's my favorite character), Goku and Gohan being the last 2 standing for U7 would be hype as fuck. Both of them finally working together and breaking their limits... fuck, I'm down.

The father/son dynamic duo would be pretty rad truth be told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom