• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

I guess that's how it should be? But then I see tons of whining and such about SS/SS2 Caulifla and U6 Saiyans in general which would mean people care about the writing if they get into such debates over so and so "earning" this and that.

I feel like it's heavily implied that Gohan now can match SSB Goku without kaioken and that for some reason 17 can to. And I think if Freeza can then his U6 copy can to if the story gives him a transformation.

Soooo if that's the case Gohan coulda beat the bricks outta Goku before SSB training if he had just trained with Piccolo for a bit...
And Trunks can by unlocking a unique transformation on his own "just cause"?
If we're ok with ass pull power ups I see no reason to leave the other Z fighters behind completely.

Maybe we'll learn more about SSB this week seeing how things are going.

Gohan is implied, but Goku held him off with Super Saiyan 2. 17 is a cyborg cheat with endless energy and decades of training. Frost could match Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, but he isn't there as far as we know.

Super Saiyan God Goku was a weak God in the grand scheme of things like the Kais. And Piccolo couldn't even make Goku transform.

Prediction:
Gohan, Goku and Jiren are the last ones standing. Goku and Jiren have been fighting for a while now and both are at their limit. Gohan fought with his teammates so he conserved most of his energy. "Father we're so close! Just a little more!" says Gohan and transforms into his Ultimate Form. Goku is silent. After a while he goes: "I believe in you, Gohan n_n" and throws Jiren a senzu bean. Since Goku was the one who brought it, he gets DQd but Jiren can still eat it. Enter Jiren vs Gohan.
Beerus remains like this for the rest of the tournament
e9e.jpg

Daingurse

Limit Break x Survivor might actually be my favorite Dragon Ball opening overall. It's just so hype, and gets me in the right mood to watch the show. I also liked We Gotta Power.

Skeeter49

I love Krillin's new moves we've had this arc, but it's a shame none of them would work in the next Xenoverse game.

Triple Destructo Disc. Wouldn't work
Solar Flare X 100 Wouldn't work
Tennis Beam Wouldn't work

I love Krillin's new moves we've had this arc, but it's a shame none of them would work in the next Xenoverse game.

I like how they hyped up Solar Flare x 100 and it ultimately ended up doing fuck all. :p

I guess that's how it should be? But then I see tons of whining and such about SS/SS2 Caulifla and U6 Saiyans in general which would mean people care about the writing if they get into such debates over so and so "earning" this and that.

I feel like it's heavily implied that Gohan now can match SSB Goku without kaioken and that for some reason 17 can to. And I think if Freeza can then his U6 copy can to if the story gives him a transformation.

Soooo if that's the case Gohan coulda beat the bricks outta Goku before SSB training if he had just trained with Piccolo for a bit...
And Trunks can by unlocking a unique transformation on his own "just cause"?
If we're ok with ass pull power ups I see no reason to leave the other Z fighters behind completely.

Maybe we'll learn more about SSB this week seeing how things are going.

Gohan got a Zenika boost.

HardRojo

I love Vegeta in the manga. "I can't possibly win against him. Heal Kakarot instead!"

[One chapter later]

"Actually scratch that. I'm upset now, so I'm gonna blow like two of them up."

I don't even mean this ironically, I love how cheesy it is. On that same token I'll defend Trunks spirit bomb sword thing on the basis that it was cool as shit and that logic is secondary here.
Funny thing is that the Spirit Sword in XV2 made a LOOOOOOOOOT more sense there than how it was portrayed in the anime.

Skeeter49

Nothing would bring me more joy than Roshi and Piccolo outlasting Vegeta.

Besides Gohan winning the tournament.

What would Beerus reaction be to Vegeta being third out?

HardRojo

So we're just going to pretend this OP doesn't exist?

Man, this opening brings me back to a time where all I could think of was watching DB, playing with my friends in the neighborhood, playing on the SNES and PSX and collecting all sorts of DB related stuff. Great times were had.

All of these would work just fine?
You already have multiple attacks that are seperate energy with tracking, like split finger shot, or vados' concerto attacks.
Solar flare already works in xv2, both it and cooler's variant blind the shit out of you, x100 could just work as a 5ki mega stun with a massive radius like final explosion
Tennis beam could easily be an ult with an initial hit, making it unescapable after a stamina break.

Funny thing is that the Spirit Sword in XV2 made a LOOOOOOOOOT more sense there than how it was portrayed in the anime.
Didn't like it at all actually, wasn't nearly as hype; giving energy to some random hole in the universe doesn't make much sense to me either.

HardRojo

Oh shit. I could see Vegeta getting knocked out early. Ribrianne about to give him the Zero Hand.

Dragon-Ball-Super-Épisode-91-215-1-660x330.jpg

Vegeta needs to wreck Kale first :(
Didn't like it at all actually, wasn't nearly as hype; giving energy to some random hole in the universe doesn't make much sense to me either.
It makes sense because it was Zamasu's own doing (and it also explained whatever the fuck the rift Goku Black tore apart was), so in a way Zamasu brought his downfall upon himself, plus it also made Trunks' Spirit Sword receive the energy from different timelines, which makes its strength a lot more understandable and easier to digest compared to the one from the anime, where he only received the energy of the handful of people who were still alive.

Astral Dog

As much as I like the current op, I can't help but miss chouzetsu dynamic a bit
i LOVE this op, so hype music is awesome and shows all characters old and new with slick animation, i would have liked a similar change in the Black arc but what can you do.

Its one of the best in all Dragon Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom