• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

It's not a plot hole, we just didn't see the original timeline.

In the manga, Gowasu organizes sparring matches between Kibito and Zamasu. It's possible that after seeing Goku on godtube, he asked Shin to bring Goku there. Then the results would be the same.

It's called a stable time loop or a bootstrap paradox.

NeonZ

It's called a stable time loop or a bootstrap paradox.

It's not a stable timeloop since it ends up deviating and broken though, and the cause for the deviation can't just start from inside the loop if there was a loop at one point.

Even Toei's staff realized that the timeloop idea made no sense with the final update of their timeline. Too bad they couldn't actually show that in the actual tv writing.

Well I shrank the gif way down so it's a reasonable size to embed. There's a link to a higher quality version on the last page.

McsTaZi.gif

HeroR

It's not a stable timeloop since it ends up deviating and broken though, and the cause for the deviation can't just start from inside the loop if there was a loop at one point.

Even Toei's staff realized that the timeloop idea made no sense with the final update of their timeline. Too bad they couldn't actually show that in the actual tv writing.

A time loop being broken doesn't mean that there wasn't a timeline since the show makes it quite clear that Goku met Zamasu under the same conditions as Black. To further this, no new Time Ring was created until after Beerus wasted Zamasu since Gowasu said that the new Time Ring was created years ago, not just a few hours ago.

Also, a time loop has no beginning as a poster on Kanzenshuu put it:

A time loop never has a first time. A cycle has no beginning and no end. Looking for a beginning would be off context.

Mory Dunz

I like the new form, but only because it looked cool with the shirt off in the pic.

It'll probably be boring and lose meaning eventually as usual.

SSG ftw >_>

Reivaxe

Really hope
that Geets doesn't get this form and reveals his own thing. I feel like they've been setting up for each saiyan to grow to new highs in their own way and that imo would mean they all get unique forms.

Goku
gets ... this? IDK, looks kinda cool compared to blue but I personally prefer big changes in body over just hair and eyes which is why SS4 is meh favorite and I kinda like SSG over this :3. But this does look more intense ... but how long until you see him just chilling with bed head and silver n_n eyes?)
Geets gets something all his own to (Hopefully he develops a skill with it that's unique to him cause just having a flashy blast aint cutting it. He can blow up the time chamber from the inside so here's hoping that leads to something.)
Cali gets SS4 if we're lucky (I'm telling you, U6 is where cool non-canon stuff becomes canon.)
Kale keeps building on LSS/ SS Berserk (maybe she gets a new form in base berserk that's blown up in full berserk? Like, full Berserk buffness could be the ultimate try hard mode for any form she unlocks)
Trunks has Rage
Gohan makes something up or just keeps going with ultimate, who cares?
Cabba could ... unlock SS2 someday? Or make SSG his thing? IDK, he could mess around with Trunks and Goten, maybe figure out a 3way fusion)

caliph95

Where are getting into power level debates where people are competing with God level Goku

For the sake of our brains let's not get into it

Also the Magical girls are trash fodder waiting to be swept away except maaaaaaybe Ribranne maybe

Weren't her attacks supposed to get stronger the longer she punches? How long does it take for her to get on on par with base Goku, let alone push him to SSJ? 24 hours?
She primarily attacks with ki blast though, and those don't work on super 17

And he still has his barrier, doesnt he?

Hmm....

I don't like it.
New form.

I dunno why I don't like it, I just don't. Maybe it will look better in motion.

I don't think it's possible to top classic SSJ for iconic coolness.

Where are getting into power level debates where people are competing with God level Goku

For the sake of our brains let's not get into it

Also the Magical girls are trash fodder waiting to be swept away except maaaaaaybe Ribranne maybe
Well I mean Rozie is really no match for base goku, he could ring her out in an instant if he really wanted to. He was just trying to figure out he fighting style and have some fun
Hmm....

I don't like it.
New form.

I dunno why I don't like it, I just don't. Maybe it will look better in motion.

I don't think it's possible to top classic SSJ for iconic coolness.

I kind of think this form is cooler than ssj

Maybe it will grow on me but it just kind of puts out this 90's EDGE aesthetic to me.

It also doesn't really like, build off of anything. I mean I wouldn't have been more thrilled for just another hair color either. It's just for a new original design it falls kind of flat for me.

But like I said it might look better in motion or grow on me once I see what its deal is story-wise.

caliph95

Well I mean Rozie is really no match for base goku, he could ring her out in an instant if he really wanted to. He was just trying to figure out he fighting style and have some fun

Which is why useless to compare gt and super power levels

And it's why I called U2 fodder unless they release better material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom