• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys talked about that reused Hit combo animation? I liked it so much better in this episode as opposed to when he did it to Vegeta.

I did post a gif of both of them.

s2pZsd.gif

tenor.gif

Looks like they used the same hit animation for Hit, but Vegta's one looks slow, could be the gif itself though. I call this move the jobber knocker.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I love Hitto.

One of the best fighters in DB ever. The way he told Dyspo to jump off the arena was hilarious and boss as fuck.

I feel like Gohan is the new piccolo. Piccolo new Tien, who's new yamcha. Krillin new chouitzu, Roshi new Krillin.
Everyone went down a peg, but at least they're there

NEO0MJ

From being retired, sure, but quite a bit down from his dragonball role which is... Beerus now?

Roshi still had a tough time with Goku in the tournament and was exceeded by him and Tien so nah. Then again there's still a chance Goku might exceed Beerus just because later.

HeroR

I feel like Gohan is the new piccolo. Piccolo new Tien, who's new yamcha. Krillin new chouitzu, Roshi new Krillin.
Everyone went down a peg, but at least they're there

Krillin can't be the new Chouitzu since he actually gets scene-time and gets to do stuff besides being a prop. Roshi isn't a butt monkey and hasn't been killed yet.

The next episode title worries me a little... Roshi's sacrifice? I sure hope not D:
Was expecting him to be one of the last warriors standing :/

Also really love that they brought SSJG back. It looks awesome without the aura.

I-hate-u

VJump's teasing a big role for him so we'll just have to wait and see. Still feels like we're early on in this tournament.

Vegeta has been sidelined hard while Gohan has been second in command since the beginning of the arc. Hell, I think Freeza might play a bigger role in the tournament than Vegeta.

The problem is that they're running out of powerful warriors to knock out U7 and U6. I don't want Jiren to end up knocking everyone out except for Goku. This is were I assumed the Pride Troopers were going to do work but they ended up extremely disappointing.

Doesn't help U3 and U4 are trash tier.

caliph95

Vegeta has been sidelined hard while Gohan has been second in command since the beginning of the arc. Hell, I think Freeza might play a bigger role in the tournament than Vegeta.

The problem is that they're running out of powerful warriors to knock out U7 and U6. I don't want Jiren to end up knocking everyone out except for Goku. This is were I assumed the Pride Troopers were going to do work but they ended up extremely disappointing.

Doesn't help U3 and U4 are trash tier.
Who do they have left besides Jiren and Hit

All the universes and Fighters that been built up ended nothing really or at least who we hope

For now you have to hope for the lower level fighters fighting together

I-hate-u

It's for that I am really glad Dyspo didn't get eliminated last week. Ribrianne and the 2 Namekians from U6 should up being imposing foes.

Someone has to knockout 17,18,Piccolo and Vegeta.

HeroR

For those who care, the next chapter of the Super manga has been officially uploaded on Viz's site: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapter/dragon-ball-super-chapter-27/6147?read=1

My overall impressions:

It's almost the same as Episode 77 except there is no scenes with Zen'o and it cuts after Goku presses the button.

The story could have probably advance more if Toyo didn't take 15 pages on Beerus sparring Vegeta on top of the four pages on Vegeta sparring with Whis. The fight with Beerus also feels shoe-horn since Beerus wanted to fight Vegeta after he complained about the prophecy being exaggerated since he woke up to fight a rival and the Oracle Fish states that Goku and Vegeta will be his greatest rival in time. After Vegeta loses, Whis tells him almost word-by-word what he said in the Resurrection 'F' movie and story (most likely because Toyo skipped it). To be frank, the entire scene seems to only exists to tell us that Vegeta is Goku's equal again because god-forbid we go into a story arc when they're not equals, put in the dialog Toyo missed from Resurrection 'F', and to established Beerus is the alpha. Doesn't help that the fight was boring even by Toyo's standards.

Another thing that actually bugs me when I thought about, Goku is shown going to the market just like the anime and selling his products. Thing is, the manga never claimed that Goku went back to farmer after the first chapter when he gave Chi-Chi a bunch of money. The anime had Goku an on-and-off farmer since the Resurrection 'F' Saga, yet the manga just throws this in here without even acknowledging why Goku is working after he gave Chi-Chi money. Worse, the wag of cash he got was for turning in the bandits who tried to robbed him, not from selling his crop like in the anime.

Which brings me to another point. For some reason Toyo had to keep telling us that Goku's trunk is expensive and not seen in that part of the country, which is why they wanted it so badly. He spent like two pages on this when just one line would have done it. The robbers also acted like they were stealing a trunk made of gold or something.

Interesting information:

Beerus says he haven't fought Vegeta in years and he called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan just a power-up version of Super Saiyan God. So in the manga, Blue is pretty much Super Saiyan 2 to Super Saiyan God (or Super Saiyan 3 giving the manga gave it such a power drained). Not sure this holds true in the anime since they did bring Super Saiyan God back. Beerus also didn't threatened to 'Destroy' Goku off the face of planet. He just yelled at him and Goku presses the button.

As for the infamous, Goku wasn't there for Gohan and Goten's births, it's actually a bit worse than that. Vegeta tells Goku he wanted to be there when Bulma gives birth. Goku says the same line as the anime, meaning it most likely was Toriyaam's. The different is when Vegeta refuses again, Goku asked why does he care since he doesn't even know when Gohan and Goten were born. So he not only missed their births, he outright doesn't know when they were born.

Also, in the manga, Bulma told Goku that she was pregnant, unlike the anime where it's a complete surprised to Goku and Goten (who isn't in this chapter at all). In the manga, Goku just forgot and laughs it off.

Final thoughts, not a bad chapter, but not very good either. It felt dragged and if the Vegeta and Beerus stuff was cut down, we probably would have seen Goku meeting Zen'o at least. It also felt kind of unneeded for the Oracle Fish to say "Goku and Vegeta will be Beerus greatest rivals" and Beerus being almost insulted by the idea. It definitely feels like something a 'fan' would make. In fact, the entire scene with Beerus and Vegeta felt like something a fan would write since it gave Vegeta Goku's power-up to make them 'equals' again and showed that Beerus is still on top, confirming power scaling. Nothing wrong with that, but not my cup of tea.

Not a bad first chapter, but Toyotaro really needs to learn how to properly pace himself. The ground covered in the 45 pages in this chapter could have been done in 30 or less and he could have had Goku meeting with Zeno in this chapter.
Anyways, I do like that Vegeta got some focus.

HeroR

Not a bad first chapter, but Toyotaro really needs to learn how to properly pace himself. The ground covered in the 45 pages in this chapter could have been done in 30 or less and he could have had Goku meeting with Zeno in this chapter.
Anyways, I do like that Vegeta got some focus.

I don't mind Vegeta getting focus, especially after the anime and this past episode specifically left him in the dust. It just didn't feel in line with the overall story. Like, I would have liked it better if it was just Vegeta training with Whis and have him show off his mastery of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan instead of sticking Beerus in there.

Speaking of which, I wonder if this will be a plot point since the manga put a lot of emphasis on Goku and Vegeta being no match for a God of Destruction, and how they have a long way to go. It actually reminds me of the end of the Champa Saga in the anime where Champa threatened to kill his own team and when Goku wanted to help, Beerus mocked Goku and reminded him that he's just a mortal even after showing off the Kaioken.

But it could lead to nothing or it's a manga exclusive plot line, but it's something that caught my eye when reading.

Beerus having a serious fight and reestablishing himself is something the anime desperately needed imo. First change from the manga I've liked

More like Vegeta is the new Piccolo and Gohan is the new Vegeta.

Gohan's time to shine is upon us.

I mean, Piccolo could shine. Android saga, briefly during Frieza, he was the strongest.
Anyways I feel Vegeta is still the Vegeta, but 17 and Frieza are also trying to be the Vegeta of the show right now.

It's for that I am really glad Dyspo didn't get eliminated last week. Ribrianne and the 2 Namekians from U6 should up being imposing foes.

Someone has to knockout 17,18,Piccolo and Vegeta.

Rib's a jobber. Mid cards like Pickle and 18 maybe, but 17 and especially Vegeta will tear her apart.

^She probably got that on earned credit. Compared to most, shes been a large part of the tourney so far

when you have a move that looks as awesome as this, I kinda don't mind that they recycle the animation lol

I want to be hype, but I stll think that lame rabbit gave him way too much trouble. Maybe if he had beat the twosome by himself, like 17 beat the two jobbers who jumped him... But my future hopes for Hit are lil slim after that

I want to be hype, but I stll think that lame rabbit gave him way too much trouble. Maybe if he had beat the twosome by himself, like 17 beat the two jobbers who jumped him... But my future hopes for Hit are lil slim after that

Goku didn't even get a hit in on Dyspo... Why are so many people assuming Dyspo is nothing?
Also your continued use of the word jobber is irritating.

Obvs it's hard discern power levels in Super, but Toppo was played around with. Goku felt very confident against him.
58Zg2q.gif

Why did Toppo think it was a good idea to leave his weaker pride troopers to fight Goku when he had his shit kicked in by SSB during the exhibition match?

Both Toppo and Jiren are guilty of standing around while their fellow team members drop like flies to opponents they know are much stronger than them. Even when Jiren tried to handle the Berserker Kale situation, he couldn't even eliminate her.

Fj0823

Why did Toppo think it was a good idea to leave his weaker pride troopers to fight Goku when he had his shit kicked in by SSB during the exhibition match?

Both Toppo and Jiren are guilty of standing around while their fellow team members drop like flies to opponents they know are much stronger than them. Even when Jiren tried to handle the Berserker Kale situation, he couldn't even eliminate her.

He probably thought their abilities would be enough to ring him out, he didn't take Kale and Cauli into account

Skeeter49

theoretically it's believable the pride troopers as a team could take Goku out. They never fought together though, which Toppo didn't poll an for.

Smh new DBS looks less lika a Dragon ball and more like dialy life of Goku in the mountains smh plus a whole level downgrade of animation quality

Forgot about that, but still, Dyspo was surprised at that moment and following that Goku wasn't able to hit him.

He didn't try that hard either though. Beside the point anyway. Hit's been an unstoppable, ridiculously OP character up to this point. Having any amount of trouble from a character with no build does not build Hit. If anything, this episode seemed like it was showing Hit wasn't as invincible as we thought.

I-hate-u

Yuya Takahashi posted this doodle on Twitter and confirmed that he will animate on Super again, but gave no info on if he's already doing so or when his work might show up.

Serious Goku is best Goku

Criv0QkWcAAidRV.jpg

He didn't try that hard either though. Beside the point anyway. Hit's been an unstoppable, ridiculously OP character up to this point. Having any amount of trouble from a character with no build does not build Hit. If anything, this episode seemed like it was showing Hit wasn't as invincible as we thought.

The Pride Troopers were hyped throughout the entire tournament. Don't be so down on it when finally someone other than Jiren and Toppo lived up to that hype.

HeroR

My bad, forgot about that, but still, Dyspo was surprised at that moment and following that Goku wasn't able to hit him.

Goku easily caught his attacks twice. As far as we saw, he never touched Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku. All the times Goku was pushed back, he was a Super Saiyan God.

Don't feed the troll.

It wasn't meant to build up Hit. It was meant to build up Dypso. It was to show that even a powerful character like Hit wasn't unstoppable. Not sure why fans think Hit needs to look good every time he's on scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom