• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode was alright. Gohan even at low strength having trouble with the yardrat is some bullshit but then again so are many things so far like Jiren blasting that goo guys hand and somehow launching his whole body off stage. surely the goo hand shouldve just dissolved and left the body where it was but w/e, gotta show off Jiren somehow.

Frieza was dece, him
betraying frost was an ok twist

Ribrianne gains another one more cool attack, and proves how much better she is than those shitty U6 saiyans. Ribrianne for DBFZ.

The air blew in his whole direction, not just the arm.

I love how they are handing Freezer, he is evil but didt fell into a cliche yet, and yes, Frost is a wasted oportunity unless there are more like him.

Its lame when you understand goku team needs to win so the writers have to separate coordinated teams.

The robot and the yellow guy were together then separate for no reason, the same happened with the pride troopers and the other teams

I'm taking about robot and Frost.

Real Hero

I love how they are handing Freezer, he is evil but didt fell into a cliche yet, and yes, Frost is a wasted oportunity unless there are more like him.

Its lame when you understand goku team needs to win so the writers have to separate coordinated teams.

The robot and the yellow guy were together then separate for no reason, the same happened with the pride troopers and the other teams
They specifically showed botamo and magetta getting separated though and the universe 7 team splitting up

caliph95

This episode was alright. Gohan even at low strength having trouble with the yardrat is some bullshit but then again so are many things so far like Jiren blasting that goo guys hand and somehow launching his whole body off stage. surely the goo hand shouldve just dissolved and left the body where it was but w/e, gotta show off Jiren somehow.

Frieza was dece, him
betraying frost was an ok twist

Ribrianne gains another one more cool attack, and proves how much better she is than those shitty U6 saiyans. Ribrianne for DBFZ.
Also it's the force of Jiren punch that blast him off it didn't even connect

He's just that strong

Rutger

Banned
SMH Frost is literally just budget freeza

Freeza was within character for sure, he likes to fuck with people

Frost has to sneak around because he's weak af

That's what makes Frost interesting, he got arguably further within his own universe than Frieza did while not being able to brute force his way through everything. That is a very interesting take on a villain in Dragon Ball(and certainly not a budget Frieza) and its a shame that potential was just tossed aside to prop up Frieza.

And yes, Frieza was out of character. When has he ever tried to deceive someone that wasn't out of desparation? He always likes to scare people by showing off how much stronger he is.

Slaythe

He doesn't have a vagina so they would react less harshly

I have a problem with your statement.

Cause it's implying Caulifla's handling wasn't lazy and convenient, justifying certain criticism regardless or her gender, and that the fan base didn't get mad when males did that sort of thing. ( Trunks and 17 say hello )

Real Hero

I have a problem with your statement.

Cause it's implying Caulifla's handling wasn't lazy and convenient, justifying certain criticism regardless or her gender, and that the fan base didn't get mad when males did that sort of thing. ( Trunks and 17 say hello )

Sure but also c'mon

Skeeter49

I would say Cauli and Toppo are. Need to see more of Kale now that she's controlled her Berserker state, as well as gained a new form.

Why I'm hoping Kale goes to help Cabba fight Toppo.

And we don't get the predictable Vegeta and Cabba team up.

Then again, I doubt there'll be a Cabba vs. Toppo fight, it was probably used to fill time and isn't a fight that's going to happen.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't get why people hate the saiyan girls, especially Caulifla. She's fun.

I hope she gets blue

So many people would've "quit" the show tho

it would certainly change some of the more..... colorful insults i've seen thrown her way

Ya, no one's saying people wouldn't be upset at all if Cabba got Blue, but I think it being "less harsh" is a fair enough statement/prediction to make.

Red Devil

Personally I liked the episode, sure there were some rough edges but showed by Frieza is the one and true bastard across all universes and everything else is just an obstacle or a step achieve his selfish goals.

I liked how Zeno and Beerus still say "Goku's son".

Yeah I agree with this. The whole Freiza and Frost dynamic was way too short lived. Could have been a lot more interesting.

But I guess it got the point across that Frost for all intents and purposes is a lame Frieza wannabe.

caliph95

Personally I liked the episode, sure there were some rough edges but showed by Frieza is the one and true bastard across all universes and everything else is just an obstacle or a step achieve his selfish goals.

But I guess it got the point across that Frost for all intents and purposes is a lame Frieza wannabe.
So a lame character is revealed to be a lame character

What a twist

Real Hero

Cmon what? I completely agree with that. I think whatever difference in uproar Cauli would have caused if she were male is negligible.

I just don't agree, nobody was calling Trunks a cunt or a stupid bitch. Slaythe isn't wrong at their being plenty of legitimate criticisms but I saw plenty of gendered insults thrown at her.

Morlas

my favorite thing about Caulifla is she's a dork

tumblr_oqb6c3osSf1w3p557o2_500.gif

That's what makes Frost interesting, he got arguably further within his own universe than Frieza did while not being able to brute force his way through everything. That is a very interesting take on a villain in Dragon Ball(and certainly not a budget Frieza) and its a shame that potential was just tossed aside to prop up Frieza.

And yes, Frieza was out of character. When has he ever tried to deceive someone that wasn't out of desparation? He always likes to scare people by showing off how much stronger he is.

Freeza character is a devious, power hungry slime ball

Just because he normally acts one way does not mean it is out of character for him to go around doing different kinds of devious things. It would have been out of character for freeza to trust Frost, and actually team up with him. Betraying Frost is something we all know freeza could easily do.

Freeza also knew Frost was just a budget version of himself, and so he decided to trick Frost instead of just eliminate him out right in order to cause maximum despair

That's just who freeza is

Skeeter49

To be fair, Goku and Vegeta were being nice to Caulifla, Kale, and Cabba.
Vegeta was trying to greet them, Goku wanted to learn more about them.

That there was uproar at all just tells me that people take this series too seriously

It isn't new.

I just don't agree, nobody was calling Trunks a cunt or a stupid bitch. Slaythe isn't wrong at their being plenty of legitimate criticisms but I saw plenty of gendered insults thrown at her.

it would certainly change some of the more..... colorful insults i've seen thrown her way

True but I don't necassarily think there would have been much less "critism" overall.

In a way I suppose. Maybe more just how inferior Frost is to Freiza in every way. I thought they had different things going for them though.

HeroR

Cmon what? I completely agree with that. I think whatever difference in uproar Cauli would have caused if she were male is negligible.

They do have a point. I don't remember anyone claiming, "I will quit Super if such and such does this", like what the meme with Cali getting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

there were ppl on youtube pitching a shitfit because caulifla didn't show goku and vegeta enough respect when they first met

That and not trembling before U11 which lead to Cali U7 Saiyans a bunch of wimps. After that, fans wanted Vegeta and U11 to beat up Cali to 'teach her a lesson'. Which made what Cali and Kale did to U11 more funny.

caliph95

I mean it's not like it's how they established cauliflower and she has no reason to be nice to them

Funny she respected later on though when she find out he's a good opponent

Kevinroc

Vegeta was most assuredly not trying to greet them. He seemed annoyed when Cabba showed up, calling for his (fighting) master. Vegeta didn't seem to care in the slightest.

Goku was being nice. But Goku's a pretty nice guy in general.

Caulifla didn't owe them any respect. She didn't know or care who they were. She only began to respect Goku when she found out how strong he was, and that he had forms she had never seen before.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean it's not like it's how they established cauliflower and she has no reason to be nice to them

Funny she respected later on though when she find out he's a good opponent

This, when they first met, as far as she knew, Goku's just this old dude that is her opponent in a tournament where they're fighting to not be erased. After seeing his strength, she responded a lot more favorably, which is completely in-character for her going off of how she reacted to both Cabba and Kale's SSJ forms.

Jiren met Goku with even worse hostility and look at the fan reaction there haha

I saw some people in this thread hate on Jiren for that and I was arguing against that idea, but yeah not nearly as widespread.

But I see difference in tone/significance between the two interactions anyway. I liked both of their reactions and thought they were justified. Cauli dissing him was amusing but Jiren doing the cliche (but lowkey hype) teleport behind main character thing and revealing that deep ass voice with the "get lost" was much more of an "oh shit" moment in my eyes. Not only because of the diss, but beacuse he's hyped up to be the big strong opponent and we got a glimpse of his power over Goku as he dissed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom