• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiren met Goku with even worse hostility and look at the fan reaction there haha

This. I never saw anyone saying Goku should put Jiren in his place.

Saw plenty of that with Caulifla though.

Heck I even saw a few "back in the kitchen" for good measure.

Like I like Caulifla on her own but half the reason I want her to stick around
and get in FighterZ
is the salt from those children she'll bring.

brinstar

I saw some people in this thread hate on Jiren for that and I was arguing against that idea, but yeah not nearly as widespread.

But I see difference in tone/significance between the two interactions anyway. I liked both of their reactions and thought they were justified. Cauli dissing him was amusing but Jiren doing the cliche (but lowkey hype) teleport behind main character thing and revealing that deep ass voice with the "get lost" was much more of an "oh shit" moment in my eyes. Not only because of the diss, but beacuse he's hyped up to be the big strong opponent and we got a glimpse of his power over Goku as he dissed him.

Don't get me wrong it was a hype moment for sure. But in a scene where everyone is dissing Goku, it's silly to single her out. She has no reason to be nice to him, she doesn't even know who he is and she's already been established to not be a nice person.

Morlas

Don't get me wrong it was a hype moment for sure. But in a scene where everyone is dissing Goku, it's silly to single her out. She has no reason to be nice to him, she doesn't even know who he is and she's already been established to not be a nice person.
What she's a nice person....to Kale

PLOT TWIST

The reason we never saw launch again was because she was kidnapped by Dr. Gero and was made as the last and perfect android, but decommissioned due to her personality changes!

Thatd be cool, and in the end Tien is the one to put a stop to her.

PLOT TWIST

The reason we never saw launch again was because she was kidnapped by Dr. Gero and was made as the last and perfect android, but decommissioned due to her personality changes!

Thatd be cool, and in the end Tien is the one to put a stop to her.

This should have been Tien's recruitment episode.

We haven't seen a spirit bomb all of super. The particular reaction against it is kinda weird to me, especially when Goku busts out Kamehameha every 3 episodes.

Not like it's going to do anything if y'all are worried it's going to be significant.

CazTGG

Can GoDs or people outside of the ring give their energy to the Spirit Bomb or would that count as interference?

Also, who's fighting Jiren to allow Goku to gather energy for the Spirit Bomb? That's not a move you can pull out on the fly.

dickroach

I hate every time they've used the spirit bomb after the first one w Frieza. that first one felt so big, so epic... every one since has been like "o ya Goku can just do a spirit bomb"

Genryu

Banned
Can GoDs or people outside of the ring give their energy to the Spirit Bomb or would that count as interference?

Also, who's fighting Jiren to allow Goku to gather energy for the Spirit Bomb? That's not a move you can pull out on the fly.

Goku doesn't need a distraction. Jiren is going to wait for it just so he can flick it out of the way.

HeroR

We haven't seen a spirit bomb all of super. The particular reaction against it is kinda weird to me, especially when Goku busts out Kamehameha every 3 episodes.

Not like it's going to do anything if y'all are worried it's going to be significant.

People count the movies. It's the same reason why fans think Goku always win despite his win record in Super being terrible.

I was thinking Jiren would just let him.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I hate every time they've used the spirit bomb after the first one w Frieza. that first one felt so big, so epic... every one since has been like "o ya Goku can just do a spirit bomb"

My problem with it was how overused it became in the movies. It's actually annoying how predictable most of the movies were, lol.

NEO0MJ

Goku has only used a spirit bomb against a person 3 times and it's only worked once.

It's basically his Mafuba.

Mafuba is like those insta kill moves in RPG, it's never allowed to work on a boss fight. Spirit Bomb is that strong move that always causes a status effect but only has a 50% chance of hitting.

HeroR

But after Frieza he never used it again until Buu. And the first Spirit Bomb was against Vegeta and it was the size of a basketball.

People count the movies. It's the same reason why fans think Goku always win despite his win record in Super being terrible.

I don't know the movies well so I suppose that doesn't affect my view on them much. The only big Spirit bombs that are prominent in my mind are Frieza's and Buu's.

HeroR

I don't know the movies well so I suppose that doesn't affect my view on them much. The only big Spirit bombs that are prominent in my mind are Frieza's and Buu's.

Goku used it a lot in the movies and it killed the villain in movies 2, 3, and 7. That and everyone transferring energy to make Goku stronger.

Real Hero

I don't get how people can hate the spirit bomb against Buu. The Japanese music, the desperation, all the cameos, Mr Satans big hero moment, Goku reflecting on each Buu form and wishing him back. I fuckin love that shit

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't remember him using it in 4. I thought he just got an energy transfer from Piccolo.

Definitely Genki Dama:
dragon_ball_z_movies_tmsi3.jpg

dragon_ball_z_movies_uqs9j.jpg

dragon_ball_z_movies_rpsnv.jpg

Toshio said that his next two episodes are 112
(Vegeta's Resolve)
and 115. He also said that
Jiren vs Hit will be a violent battle.

I wish he was writing 111, but I am happy he's doing 112 because
his Vegeta is great.

Slaythe

So 17 is probably back in episode 115, finally.

He said he wrote a cool 17 a while ago.

And he said he wrote a cool Vegeta. So that's probably 112.

So 17 is probably back in episode 115, finally.

He said he wrote a cool 17 a while ago.

And he said he wrote a cool Vegeta. So that's probably 112.

All I can find about him talking about 17 is that he will "write a cool 17 from now on", that sounds less like he's saying he's writing a cool 17 episode and more like he's saying he'll make sure to write 17 as cool.

Also 112 is definitely not the "cool Vegeta" he was talking about, he tweeted that he finished writing that on September 5th, so it's an episode we won't see for awhile longer, December at the absolute earliest.

I wouldn't be surprised if 112 or 115 is the Caulifla/Kale episode he was talking about in July that he was excited for that he wrote.

dickroach

There hasn't been a spirit bomb in any of the new Dragonball animation that started 10 years ago.

It's surprising there hasn't been one yet.

meh I just watched a bunch of the movies last week. I guess I'm just burnt on em

also how the fuck is he supposed to get energy from anything if they're in like a black hole void

HeroR

All I can find about him talking about 17 is that he will "write a cool 17 from now on", that sounds less like he's saying he's writing a cool 17 episode and more like he's saying he'll make sure to write 17 as cool.

Also 112 is definitely not the "cool Vegeta" he was talking about, he tweeted that he finished writing that on September 5th, so it's an episode we won't see for awhile longer, December at the absolute earliest.

I wouldn't be surprised if 112 or 115 is the Caulifla/Kale episode he was talking about in July that he was excited for that he wrote.

Thought that was 104.

M.D

Was kind of hilarious when she ditched her to go fight with Goku
I always thought the whole thing was somewhat intentional from Caulifla.
She was already trying to get Kale to transform moments before and I thought she intentionally looked away when Kale asked her if she was a burden since she knew it would likely make her transform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom