• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSB looks good in the old outfits when the drawings are on point IMO.

It was really fast, and happened last episode.
When she did her charge and it grossed out Vegeta, the attack kept going and hit the flower guy Piccolo was about to fight. He got burnt, the elephant god did things to him with his Trunk.

Ah yes, I do indeed remember the Trunk assault.

Trunk vs Trunks, who wins

dci260

Also, I feel like the show uses a much brighter and louder blue than that trendy muted torquoiseish color.

Yea, it definitely does, but I still feel like the fact that there is less blue in their RoF outfits allows the hair to stand out more.

Someone mentioned that the blue is literally a different shade ever since they switched back to their old outfits. Not sure if that's true or not though.

Sony

Nintendo
giphy.gif

Sony

Nintendo
I don't really understand the short range IT. In nearly all the fights in Z, and also Super, the Z fighters could vanish because they're so fast. Goku and other fightees have teleported across larger distances without using IT.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't really understand the short range IT. In nearly all the fights in Z, and also Super, the Z fighters could vanish because they're so fast. Goku and other fightees have teleported across larger distances without using IT.

It's impossible to follow or predict where the user will pop up, so it gives an advantage in that energy sensing to follow someone's moves is impossible.

Slaythe

They never teleported, it's only a visual effect.

Speed is relative to who he is fighting. This just means he wasn't fast enough to do that against her. So IT was the only solution.

edit :

lel

That's how people try to make sense of the writing

attempt_to_explain_goku_s_forms_by_chiefwamsutta-dbjr5l1.jpg

That's dumb.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member

I'm sure if anybody has thought to rationalize it, it's that it's harder to sense ki.

Speed is relative to who he is fighting. This just means he wasn't fast enough to do that against her. So IT was the only solution.

edit :

lel

http://orig13.deviantart.net/7547/f/2017/223/2/0/attempt_to_explain_goku_s_forms_by_chiefwamsutta-dbjr5l1.jpg/IMG]

That's dumb.[/QUOTE]

is that supposed to be super saiyan rose?

Slaythe

If I see Goku "transform into SSJ1 with Full God Power" I'm going to puke.

Lmao I bet it's because of that shitty packaging youtubers clickbaited.

Also, code red, code red, Gohan lost the bang at the end of the episode, I didn't notice it.

=((((((((((

Slaythe

The bang seems to be the indicator that he's in his ultimate/mystic form, in this ep at least.

Yeah, but since it's really stupid (that never worked like that in the Buu saga) I was hoping it was just the result of the "wind" created by the transformation, and that the bang would stick around.

It's so dumb, it just goes away randomly lol. At least have him pass his hand in his hair or something.

Skeeter49

Lmao I bet it's because of that shitty packaging youtubers clickbaited.

Also, code red, code red, Gohan lost the bang at the end of the episode, I didn't notice it.

=((((((((((

Gotta go back to base in order to fight the weaklings.
He has to learn one thing from his father.

Sony

Nintendo
Take a breath and let it sink in what you're saying. You're discussing what color powerup will be the next. That makes it incredibly easy for writers to shit out a new form every once in a while cause it'll just be a color swap.

Skeeter49

So wait.. I thought the maidens were supposed to fuse?

No, it was stated in the preview for 102, but it's one of the many things previews have gotten wrong lately.

Ex: Previews made a big deal in this episode about U2 targeting U10, and while that happened, it was a 5 second thing.

I blame Tien.

Take a breath and let it sink in what you're saying. You're discussing what color powerup will be the next. That makes it incredibly easy for writers to shit out a new form every once in a while cause it'll just be a color swap.
I like color powerup's when they're unique to the character.
Vegeta and Goku are terrible, because they get almost every transformation. It's not special when they get a new transformation. Cabba and Caulifla are bordering that territory, but they're still rocking one hair color, so they're alright for now.

Why I like Kale and Gohan, it's unique to their characters, Goku isn't getting Ultimate or LSSJ, and no one else is either. You eventually get an idea what to expect from them because of that.

Sony

Nintendo
I like color powerup's when they're unique to the character.
Vegeta and Goku are terrible, because they get almost every transformation. It's not special when they get a new transformation. Cabba and Caulifla are bordering that territory, but they're still rocking one hair color, so they're alright for now.

Why I like Kale and Gohan, it's unique to their characters, Goku isn't getting Ultimate or LSSJ, and no one else is either. You eventually get an idea what to expect from them because of that.

I have to say though, the younger/newer generation that watches dragonball super will absolutely love the color transformations. I'm slowly but steadily coming to terms with Super and try to enjoy it for what it is.

Not gonna lie Roleplaying 17 was adorable. The warrior of Darkness !

Yeah that was great

By the way, has there been a ToP episode so far where Goku WASN'T told that he needed to keep his guard up/watch his back? I get he's a moron in Super but telling him to not let his guard down by multiple characters in what seems to be effectively 10 minutes doesn't make him a moron but a mentally challenged person with the IQ of a toenail :/ Kind of disrespectful toward the character if you ask me.

The first time ever that I liked Yamcha jr, he did well knocking off the dude with the ugly arse kid, fucking abomination.

The angel for whatever universe got fucked today looked upset, not sure why she looks 12 though, maybe daddy angel fucks every 1000 thousand years or something. But thank fuck Goku suggested at exactly the right time to have this tournament, were it a minute later Zeno would have just deleted all the shit universes because wemustmakepieceofshitGokulookheroic.

The sailor scouts turned out to be total and utter shit, am 101% convinced now that Vegeta is getting fucked over dirty by Frieza and the other lizard guy.

Skeeter49

I have to say though, the younger/newer generation that watches dragonball super will absolutely love the color transformations. I'm slowly but steadily coming to terms with Super and try to enjoy it for what it is.

Yeah that was great

By the way, has there been a ToP episode so far where Goku WASN'T told that he needed to keep his guard up/watch his back? I get he's a moron in Super but telling him to not let his guard down by multiple characters in what seems to be effectively 10 minutes doesn't make him a moron but a mentally challenged person with the IQ of a toenail :/ Kind of disrespectful toward the character if you ask me.

The issue is Goku shouldn't have been in half of these episodes, and the episodes would have been better without Goku. 101, 102, and 103 were mistakes in terms of Goku appearances, minus the moment with Gohan in this episode. Goku fighting in base just isn't that appealing this far into the tournament.

98 his guard wasn't down, he was actually pretty smart in that episode. 99 his guard wasn't down due to him being in that episode for under minute. and 100 his guard wasn't down, which is surprising because that was a full course Goku episode, Goku was actually an asshole in that episode more than stupid.

97 he got grabbed by Nink, 101 he got grabbed by Kat's spirit animal, 102 I don't think he let his guard down, but he was stupid in that episode so let's count it, and 103 he let his guard down again :(.

Goku letting his guard down is getting as tiresome as his McDonald eyes. Thankfully they stopped him doing the mceyes for awhile now.

Goku wasn't that retarded in the og db/dbz, maybe his mind started going off late in the buu saga but never this silly
We asked for the McDonald eyes to go away, we should have realized it'd be a tradeoff. It's our fault Goku is this stupid. :(

He did mickey d's eyes to Caulifla when she was asking him about SSJ2

And he arguably didn't do anything stupid in that episode.
We have to accept our fate, either we get Mcdonald eyes in an episode, or lowering guard Goku.

longdi

Banned
Goku letting his guard down is getting as tiresome as his McDonald eyes. Thankfully they stopped him doing the mceyes for awhile now.

Goku wasn't that retarded in the og db/dbz, maybe his mind started going off late in the buu saga but never this silly

Sony

Nintendo
Goku was uneducated in DB/DBZ. He's an orphan that grew up in the woods. Like, he learned about life as he got older and met new people. You don't see him waking around a grabbing crotches to identify the gender anymore.

But in Super, he's plain stupid. He really is. It's indefensible.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Goku stopping by to watch the Botamo fight was pretty funny but other than that he continues to be annoying. The guard thing is beyond tiresome but again feels like they're trying to prove a point with at least Gohan and Piccolo playing it serious.

Slaythe

Goku stopping by to watch the Botamo fight was pretty funny but other than that he continues to be annoying. The guard thing is beyond tiresome but again feels like they're trying to prove a point with at least Gohan and Piccolo playing it serious.

17 and Gohan used to literally be the worst with their guard/attitude, and them giving Goku a lesson is funny but also painful.

Goku is completely regressing as a character, from Z.

ash_ag

edit :

lel

attempt_to_explain_goku_s_forms_by_chiefwamsutta-dbjr5l1.jpg

That's dumb.

If this turns out to be the case, Toyotaro's treatment of SSG will feel like foreshadowing. SSB Kaioken was hype, but it always felt like an unneeded deus ex machina. The manga's writing feels more natural in this case IMO.

If it's just a filler appearance of an old form, then it's a shame that they wasted it on Goku. At least there would be some novelty in a SSG Vegeta.

YoungOne

I hope this new form is the last form goku gets it's really getting ridiculous how many transformations he has that do nothing more that make him punch and kick harder, hopefully this one has some actual unique abilities.

Slaythe

If this turns out to be the case, Toyotaro's treatment of SSG will feel like foreshadowing. SSB Kaioken was hype, but it always felt like an unneeded deus ex machina. The manga's writing feels more natural in this case IMO.

If it's just a filler appearance of an old form, then it's a shame that they wasted it on Goku. At least there would be some novelty in a SSG Vegeta.

The manga doesn't do that.

The manga just does Base SSJ1 SSJ2 SSJ3 God Blue.

I hope this new form is the last form goku gets it's really getting ridiculous how many transformations he has that do nothing more that make him punch and kick harder, hopefully this one has some actual unique abilities.

That would have been fine if they had listened to Toriyama and gotten rid of SSJ2 and 3. :/

Having them here just bloats the whole thing and it's terrible.

Base => SSJ1, and if he uses god ki, God => Blue. How hard was that ?

Skeeter49

I'm going to be annoyed if Goku gets a new form this arc to be honest, and I still don't think he's getting one.

At best we get a fusion. Eightku let's go. Or whatever 18 and Goku's fusion name would be.

Heh yeah. I just hope he doesn't get a free pass.
As much as I want the ED predicting the eliminations to be true, I'd rather Goku get knocked out sooner. Do Jiren and Goku in the next 4 or 5 episodes, have 20 minutes left for the people who understand this is a tournament..

ash_ag

The manga doesn't do that.

The manga just does Base SSJ1 SSJ2 SSJ3 God Blue.

I meant the way SSG is used even after BoG. Goku (and even Vegeta) have access to it and it's meant to have certain advantages over SSB (better stamina / agility).

Also, I must say, it felt like "Saiyan beyond God" has kind of disappeared after RoF, and this reappearance of SSG pretty much cements it. Base Goku in cases where he fought Krillin, or Trunks, or some other characters, felt like a sub-SS1 Goku when based on BoG his base is supposed to overpower even SS3. It would be cool if they elaborated on the situation by saying he must recharge his base form's "God power" or something, but we all know they won't. :p

TrueBlue

I'll repeat what I said earlier in that I don't think Goku did much wrong this time around.

He was never in any danger of being knocked out - it just took him a little bit of time to figure our the style used against him. Once he got to grips with it, he pretty much dominated his opponent.

I dunno. I felt the scolding and 17's rescue weren't earned this time around. Gohan and Piccolo were both caught by surprise too IIRC, but I'd hardly accuse them of not taking things seriously. It's just how fights play out.

Not that Goku hasn't been lax earlier in the tournament, but I don't think this episode is comparable to him nearly being grappled out of the ring.

I feel like Yamamuro should do a separate, consistent "Ultimate Gohan" design instead of every animator slapping the bang on the current design in his own way. It's inconsistent, jarring, and most of the time, ugly.

Omni

I'll repeat what I said earlier in that I don't think Goku did much wrong this time around.

He was never in any danger of being knocked out - it just took him a little bit of time to figure our the style used against him. Once he got to grips with it, he pretty much dominated his opponent.

I dunno. I felt the scolding and 17's rescue weren't earned this time around. Gohan and Piccolo were both caught by surprise too IIRC, but I'd hardly accuse them of not taking things seriously. It's just how fights play out.

Not that Goku hasn't been lax earlier in the tournament, but I don't think this episode is comparable to him nearly being grappled out of the ring.

Well of course they don't get scolded, because something something Gohan is goat and 17 is amazing remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom