• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She seems young. I assume Gowasu and elephant God are the first deities she worked with. The other angels seem older and I think they've seen many more deities come and go and thus are a bit less attached to their Kai and God of Destruction.

Or maybe they're pointing out not all the Angels are on board completely with this erasing thing.

The Super Dragonballs are meant to be given to the winner, so they must avoid erasing them somehow. Although this episode showed that even objects from the erased universes are erased too, even if separate from their fighters.

I don't think anyone would get any Super Dragon Ball in this tournament (unlike the previous private one between Universe 6 and 7). It was just a lure Goku used to convince his friends to participate by pure greed rather than from fear of being erased.

Azerare

I don't think anyone would get any Super Dragon Ball in this tournament (unlike the previous private one between Universe 6 and 7). It was just a lure Goku used to convince his friends to participate by pure greed rather than from fear of being erased.
Well it was the grand priest who said that he got the Super dragon balls for the prize. So there is something more going on with them. Which is fair considering we don't know much On The origins

Syntsui

He clearly already gathered the Super Dragon Balls prior to the tournament, it shouldn't be a problem to him or Zeno to instantly get all of them. The priest is not that stupid.

caliph95

She seems young. I assume Gowasu and elephant God are the first deities she worked with. The other angels seem older and I think they've seen many more deities come and go and thus are a bit less attached to their Kai and God of Destruction.
Do they even age, I just assume the angels are basically power magical robots built to serve the Gods with the whole "deactivate" when a God dies and such

caliph95

Well it was the grand priest who said that he got the Super dragon balls for the prize. So there is something more going on with them. Which is fair considering we don't know much On The origins
Didn't the grand priest said they prize was "nothing" as in surviving

Though I can still see them as a prize

Rutger

Banned
Pretty good episode.

I think it's safe to say that 17 is a favorite of the writers, he's getting a ton of screentime and they're clearly having fun. It's funny, he's getting all the character interactions people said Frieza would bring to the table, but by now Frieza is down there with Tien when it comes to screentime.

Gohan and Piccolo getting some focus is great too. Sadly, it's back to Goku next week(he manages to be near everything important in this arc, someone needs to let the writers know that it's okay to go several episodes without him, Z did it often), hopefully we can at least see Hit do some cool things.

Didn't the grand priest said they prize was "nothing" as in surviving

Though I can still see them as a prize

The mvp gets the Super Dragon Balls
(It's gonna be Gohan)
, the winning universe just gets to survive.

Tsunamo

There's something quite funny about Goku being my least favorite Universe 7 character at the moment.
Other than Tien

Also I may be mis-remembering but V-Jump usually leaks around this week, doesn't it? Should interesting to see how Toyable handles the tournament arc.

It's been pretty consistent with Super for me that I love Goku in the SoL episodes but he can get to be really annoying in the major arcs.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You know what? After this episode I'm a 17 fan more, the treatment super gave 17 is too much for a character that appeared in one arc and got a cameo in the next. I'm liking the side characters so much more than Goku, I want Goku eleminated to focus on the other characters more.
If only.

You guys whining about Goku should be thanking him for not just eliminating 90% of these scrubs immediately. He is allowing the rest of his team to shine.

An inspiring leader, if anything.

caliph95

Besides U9 elimination which had vegetables and to be a dick I would call it a bergamo and brothers episode , the best episodes is the non Goku ones as in 17 and Gohan focused episodes

HeroR

It'd be funny if Goku weren't shoehorned in 9/10 episodes.

=(

Goku hasn't been shoehorn except in maybe in Episode 101 and the Pride Troopers where there to take him out. Kale and Cali were just a bonus. In this episode, it goes off where we left off this week so I don't see why it's shoehorn for Goku's fight to be concluded. I mean, but logic 17 was shoehorn in.

Fights would have been better if someone actually legitimately challenged by vagina fist was fighting

I read this several times and I am not sure what you mean.

You guys whining about Goku should be thanking him for not just eliminating 90% of these scrubs immediately. He is allowing the rest of his team to shine.

I find this to be the most ironic. If Goku 'took it seriously' and didn't 'dick around' then the rest of the team outside of the powerhouses would have nothing to do. Which I personally wouldn't have a problem with since we get to enjoy the whining about how Goku stole all the kills.

Besides U9 elimination which had vegetables and to be a dick I would call it a bergamo and brothers episode , the best episodes is the non Goku ones as in 17 and Gohan focused episodes

Really can't agree. I found last week's episode with 17 to be just okay. I actually preferred the episodes with the U6 Saiyans. This one was okay, although I didn't care how Gohan took out the last U10 guy.

caliph95

Besides the problem of too many fights against fodder

Jiren is worst, he's likely the strongest fighter by a big difference and doesn't fuck around and does nothing

HeroR

Besides the problem of too many fights against fodder

Jiren is worst, he's likely the strongest fighter by a big difference and doesn't fuck around and does nothing

Have to give the scrubs a chance. But agree. Goku and Jiren should have just got rid of all the fodder and be done with it so the weaker fighters can sit back and be cheerleaders. I mean, that was their role in Z.

We all know the real reason they don't want to have anyone else from U7 knocked out for as long as they can help it is to minimise the number of times they have to draw the animation of the U7 benchers reacting.

Hot takes lttp
I found the U10 vs Gohan fight pretty meh personally. Piccolo fight was like nothing at all. First half was the highlight in my opinion. Goku vs Rosie was honestly awesome. I hate that he already downloaded her, her fighting style is awesome.
I didn't think Brieanne was a match for 17 last ep, now I'm sure of it. If, they fight again, I believe she'll come with help. And I also believe the line about 'knights' may be foreshadowing she wasn't the strongest U2 warrior.
Lastly, whoever said U7 was team Togura, I disagree. U7 is team Togura if Urameshi and co didn't show up. Jesus.

Skeeter49

Gohan starts fighting Jiren.
Piccolo and Goku are watching. Piccolo to Goku: "Why don't you go help your son."
Goku: "Okay." IT's back to earth to help Goten and gets disqualified.

Espada

Gohan starts fighting Jiren.
Piccolo and Goku are watching. Piccolo to Goku: "Why don't you go help your son."
Goku: "Okay." IT's back to earth to help Goten and gets disqualified.

This would be the greatest moment in the entire fucking franchise if it ever happened. Goddamn did I laugh hard as hell at this.

On one hand i can understand why they just have Goku messing around and letting weak folks beat on him, since it just makes for more battles where we can see newcomers doing their thing. I'm pretty sure the top 3 fighters in the tournament are easily Jiren, Goku, and Frieza. It's frustrating, but they have to be written as inactive/goofy in order to let everyone else shine.

Can't say I really care about Goku helping another opponent or SSG which was absent for 90 episodes because...?

Believe in Goku. And SSJ God is awesome, can't wait to find out why he transformed in it again, I'm suspicious that it has something to do with his new yet to be seen transformation.

Skii

Can't say I really care about Goku helping another opponent or SSG which was absent for 90 episodes because...?

Come on Kagari. How can you possibly criticise Super? Everything it does is perfect. Why should Goku team up with his own universe when he can help his buddies from U6. Not like the fate of his universe is on the line or anything...

caliph95

Believe in Goku. And SSJ God is awesome, can't wait to find out why he transformed in it again, I'm suspicious that it has something to do with his new yet to be seen transformation.
Last time he absorbed the form and his base and SS became stronger

Maybe something along those lines

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't care about Goku getting another transformation either. He already has too many.

Eylos

Banned
YfqmVfo_d.jpg

Source reddit

Skeeter49

Honestly I'm disappointed we didn't get a lot of different universes working together.

This is a Battle Royale. Even if their universe is on the line, it would make sense for different fighters to work together to take out opponents.

97 teased that type of potential, and then they completely dropped that until 104.

Come on Kagari. How can you possibly criticise Super? Everything it does is perfect. Why should Goku team up with his own universe when he can help his buddies from U6. Not like the fate of his universe is on the line or anything...

90% of this tournament should be different universes teaming up. Super majorly fucked up on that. The problem is Goku should only be doing it if he's desperate, or it's early. Right now it's clear U7 is dominating, and helping another universe who is dominating as well is a bad idea.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Heh. The only thing I find interesting about Goku right now is the contrast displayed between him and the other members of his team. But that only makes me want to see them get screentime instead.

I really don't know what this has to do with anything lol

Last time he absorbed the form and his base and SS became stronger

Maybe something along those lines

It could be, the base form could be the reason for why his hair is still black in the new form.

I don't care about Goku getting another transformation either. He already has too many.

And our Goku will get another one <3

Skii

90% of this tournament should be different universes teaming up. Super majorly fucked up on that. The problem is Goku should only be doing it if he's desperate, or it's early. Right now it's clear U7 is dominating, and helping another universe who is dominating as well is a bad idea.

If they wanted Goku to team up with U6, why not make it so this tournament is about saving your twin universe? That way it's actually believable.

Heh. The only thing I find interesting about Goku right now is the contrast displayed between him and the other members of his team. But that only makes me want to see them get screentime instead.

I've slowly grown to dislike Goku as Super has gone on but this arc is just insanely bad for his characterisation. I loved Goku in Z and even the new movies. He was my second favourite character but now I'm not remotely excited when he's on screen and I can't roll my eyes hard enough when he does something stupid. This is such a weird feeling.

I really don't know what this has to do with anything lol

You don't understand why people are disliking Goku in this arc even though every action he takes is to sabotage his own universe?

HeroR

Hot takes lttp
I found the U10 vs Gohan fight pretty meh personally. Piccolo fight was like nothing at all. First half was the highlight in my opinion. Goku vs Rosie was honestly awesome. I hate that he already downloaded her, her fighting style is awesome.
I didn't think Brieanne was a match for 17 last ep, now I'm sure of it. If, they fight again, I believe she'll come with help. And I also believe the line about 'knights' may be foreshadowing she wasn't the strongest U2 warrior.
Lastly, whoever said U7 was team Togura, I disagree. U7 is team Togura if Urameshi and co didn't show up. Jesus.

I think she was a good match for 17, but the problem was that Goku and 17 together was just too much, especially since Goku took out Rosie without transforming.

But agree that Gohan vs. U10 was lackluster and Piccolo's 'fight'....yeah. At least he got a KO, I guess.

Honestly I'm disappointed we didn't get a lot of different universes working together.

This is a Battle Royale. Even if their universe is on the line, it would make sense for different fighters to work together to take out opponents.

97 teased that type of potential, and then they completely dropped that until 104.

Why. Only one universe will come up on top so there is no reason for other universes to team-up, unless it's all to jump U7 and we saw how that ended for U9. Goku helping U6 makes sense since he has a soft spot for strong fighters like Cali and Kale and he has a rivalry with Hit. He didn't jump in to help Botamo when Gohan ring him out.

I hate how he's drawn in Super. Why can't they stick closer to this model? :(

Because his current model is different.

rr0GfmJ.png

I think that his new model is really good. I think the problem is that they don't have a reference for him with the bang, that's why every animator does it in his own way, and it rarely works.

That's just a guess on my part seeing how every time we saw the bang it looked different.

I really like how Yamamuro did it though:

LfzpU6n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom