• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Teknoman

Man the character creation music in DB Xenoverse 2 is pleasantly jazzy~

The worst part is having such a great theme right before the town theme, which sounds like a giant circus something.

Also how are we in 2016, and they still can't show goku and raditz having holes in them via special beam cannon?

All this talk of cancels and whatnot... I'm gonna get stomped online aren't I?

since they put in ssj3, they should've gone all the way and added ssj4 and the atrocious god and blue as well

i'm undecided if i wanna get the game now or wait until later

Is the Goku Black code supposed yo be INSIDE the case or does the retailer supposed to give it to you seperate. I just want to know before I go off.

There's an insert in the box for the Black/Log code.

Correct. Your old character will be an NPC and hailed as the hero of the last game. You'll have to create a different one for the XV2 story.

You do, however, get the clothes and skills your old character had equipped in your inventory from the start. Except for transformation skills and anything that came from Bardock.

Alright. If they'll let me, I'll probably try to transfer the others I had as well, but this time I'll definitely be trying a different race for the main game, maybe Freiza clan.

Honestly not too sure if I'm going to get this now or wait until the holidays. I quite liked what I played in the beta, I'm just not sure If I'll have that much time to play it now.

B00TE

I'm enjoying this quite a bit more than the first game right out of the gate, been playing with my brother who was awesome enough to gift me a copy. Combos feel a lot better, and I think I like this city a lot better than the old one. There's also a ton of stuff, it's kinda overwhelming. Feels a lot less annoying to start out though, though that may be because of how much more fluid attacking feels. Really dig all the seemingly random events too.

Zouu1rt.jpg
Was gonna play one of Frieza's race, but then I made this Majin. Keep laughing in every cutscene when her face is just ':3'.

Kalentan

So is that grey filter only on PS4? Cause I've seen it on videos and such but on XBO it doesn't seem to be there by default.

TreIII

Did anyone order the CE from amazon and got it shipped? They haven't shipped it yet

Mine shipped a few hours ago, but I'm still stuck waiting for the game itself to arrive until Tuesday.

At the very least, I was able to get a free month of Prime added on, after I chatted with a customer service rep.

Kalentan

Anyone else not like fighting Giant Apes? Their hit boxes can be really wonky at times where my punches will connect but will do no damage.

Picked up my pre-order on my lunch break. Didn't know the Gamestop preorder came with a cheap little SSJ Goku keychain. That's neat.

Game came with a big ass insert ad for Dokkan Battle, too. Haha, no thanks Bamco.

Snaku

Banned
Yep. Future Gohan is also censored in Dokkan Battle for whatever reason.

Good god, that's monstrously stupid. It's not like they've recently retconned it, he's missing his arm in the flashback in Super! A tv show that's specifically aimed at children in the early morning doesn't censor it, so what the hell?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyone else not like fighting Giant Apes? Their hit boxes can be really wonky at times where my punches will connect but will do no damage.

The tactic I used for this was letting the NPCs get in close while I stayed back with more ranged abilities.

TreIII

Japanese censorship iirc

it's the reason why Future Gohan still has both arms but fights as if he only has one

This is true. Mutilations, decapitations, impaling and the like are very much no-no's for the CERO board, and Dragon Ball games try to aim for no higher than CERO B (think of it as somewhere between the ESRB "E" for Everyone and "T" for Teen ratings). This way, they can still safely market these games to kids in Japan.

LordKasual

Banned
They really do feel like they punish close ranged players while they're probably super easy with long ranged.

Do they still do that bullshit where the enemies have perma super armor and infinite stamina to use evasion specials?

x20 Kaioken Goku and some forms of Vegeta were so annoying to fight

Chille

Do they still do that bullshit where the enemies have perma super armor and infinite stamina to use evasion specials?

I have not seen any enemy with infinite stamina or super armour yet.

Vic_Viper

what is the graphics option your supposed to change in the PS4 version? Was it the brightness bar your supposed to crank up?

Tunahead

Good god, that's monstrously stupid. It's not like they've recently retconned it, he's missing his arm in the flashback in Super! A tv show that's specifically aimed at children in the early morning doesn't censor it, so what the hell?

Children's cartoons existed and enjoyed widespread popularity when people who are now parents were children.

Video games became popular much more recently, and therefore they're sick and wrong and destroying the moral fabric of our society, like all things middle-aged people don't remember from their childhoods.

Vic_Viper

Does the remix track dlc change all the music completely or does it mix in with the regular music? Cant decide if I should download it or not.

Vic_Viper

Is it the one with classic dbz music remixed by that dj guy?

Not sure, its on the PSN under add ons. Didnt want to get it until I knew what it was. Not a fan of the death metal they like to use with the English dub versions of some Dragon Ball related stuff.

Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to release the game with the brightness setting the way it was is insane. It looks soo much better with it cranked up.

BBboy20

Ok, Best Buy canceled my order without warning; fortunately, I was able to order another one in Best Buy again but now I won't get it 'till November the 3rd but seriously, what the fuck?

Seriously, if you want to get new CEs on the cheap due to their gaming program, be aware of Best Buy pulling this shit.

Teknoman

Not sure, its on the PSN under add ons. Didnt want to get it until I knew what it was. Not a fan of the death metal they like to use with the English dub versions of some Dragon Ball related stuff.

Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to release the game with the brightness setting the way it was is insane. It looks soo much better with it cranked up.

Hopefully so, because I'm with you on the music (although the character creation theme is great stuff). I remember seeing a video about some dj that was a dragon ball fan, and they let him remix some classic themes. Hopefully that doesn't just mean cha la dubstep auto tune...

Kalentan

In Xenoverse 1 it felt like PvE favored long ranged shit a lot.

Question - Are enemies with super armor still a thing?

I'm level 19 now but no, thus far I have not encountered super armor or infinite stamina. In fact there have been fights were I've nearly endlessly combo'd enemies till they died without getting hit once.

Big0Bear

Kinda surprised the older anime is less censored than the game but I guess it makes sense with today's game ratings.

Living in Japan more anime and games are censored but that being said it was probably a choice made by the west or with the west in mind. Most Japanese companies aren't making more original games because they think no one will buy it ( that's not a dig at dbzv2)

Teknoman

Living in Japan more anime and games are censored but that being said it was probably a choice made by the west or with the west in mind. Most Japanese companies aren't making more original games because they think no one will buy it ( that's not a dig at dbzv2)

Which is sad in and of itself...and why some companies make gameplay or aesthetic decisions no region likes...but that's another thread for another time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
#@$%! I didn't get the pre-order. When is Black being released for regular non pre-order plebians?

DeVeAn

#@$%! I didn't get the pre-order. When is Black being released for regular non pre-order plebians?

Dude, I pre-ordered from PSN the day before release and got no pre order stuff. I am bummed because knowing SONY there will be know way to obtain it. Not happy.

Scrawnton

Sooooo are the parallel quests all the same as XV1? I'm going through the starting PQs now and so far I'm just doing the same exact content as the first game..

Top Bottom