• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes II Is Downgraded On Nintendo Switch Compared To PS4 Version

DJwest

KOEI Tecmo launch ports are now the standard for showing off what a system is capable off ?

If Fire Emblem Warrios looks and performs bad, that would be an issue though.
I'm referring to the fact that Nintendo will have without a doubt the weakest console on the market for a 3rd straight generation. But now that you've mentioned it, do you expect even first party games to be graphical powerhouses as compared to what we have on PS4 or Xbox One ?

GTA3 could fit on a 80min CD iirc.

Edit: Yeah I just checked. Both GTA3 and GTA VC should have no problems at all fitting on a 1.5gig GC disc. They were tiny ass games. SA might need some trimming, but obvious Rockstar didn't even consider the series for the GC. :p

Yeah, was talking about SA, didn't remember III at all.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm referring to the fact that Nintendo will have without a doubt the weakest console on the market for a 3rd straight generation. But now that you've mentioned it, do you expect even first party games to be graphical powerhouses as compared to what we have on PS4 or Xbox One ?

No one in their right mind buys a Nintendo system for graphical powerhouses - most people just want good looking games that perform good - we already had these on WiiU and will have them on Switch.

A early KT launch port isnt indicative of what the platform is able to produce. DQ Heroes 2 is like the 10th game they developed for PS4 - their first titles looked like Vita games in HD for the most part.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
This is probably just a port that doesn't take advantage of switch power(in the comparison screen the vita version looks definitively better than the ps3 version imo), but honestly i was expecting a downport from ps4, not an upport from vita.

To people saying that there can't be multis between vita and switch because the power gap is too high do you realize that you are in a thread discussing the switch version of one of the many games that are multi between ps4 and vita right?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This is probably just a port that doesn't take advantage of switch power(in the comparison screen the vita version looks definitively better than the ps3 version imo), but honestly i was expecting a downport from ps4, not an upport from vita.

To people saying that there can't be multis between vita and switch because the power gap is too high do you realize that you are in a thread discussing the switch version of one of the many games that are multi between ps4 and vita right?

ahah yes, that makes no sense to me

Agreed, I'm really curious about how steep will look on this sytem, this could be a good indication how ports from ps4 or Xboxone will run on switch.

Guymelef

People should start to make up their mind, but the Switch is the 3ds successor and not Wii U. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise.

Thats why Nintendo stopped Wii U production but no 3DS.

I feel like this argument is the perfect excuse for everything that is wrong with Switch.

zoukka

I'm actually impressed they got the game running on such weak hardware!

People should start to make up their mind, but the Switch is the 3ds successor and not Wii U. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise.

Nothing so far points to Switch being a 3DS successor. There were no games ported from 3DS, no sequels to 3DS games not to mention you need a fucking Pro Controller to play 2D games (no proper d-pad).

It's a successor to Wii U, deal with it.

Guymelef

So you are telling me that the company that launched its previous handheld at $250 and was discounted so fast now comes again with a $300 handheld.

Makes sense.

You can bet things like next main Pokemon will be launched on 3DS as well.

If the Switch flops... Can Sony make a Vita 2 and dominate the handheld scene? Would love to see a thread on this honestly, bc I'm under the impression that Sony could make a better performing handheld then the Switch and offer a lower price point to be competitive

Mr Swine

Banned
If the Switch flops... Can Sony make a Vita 2 and dominate the handheld scene? Would love to see a thread on this honestly, bc I'm under the impression that Sony could make a better performing handheld then the Switch and offer a lower price point to be competitive

Lol, seeing how Sony never supported Vita after a few months out and you believe that they would suddenly do that?

LordKano

Because the Vita was such a huge success.

hahaha.

and also 60 dollars for games
very handheld
Are you kidding me? It's a handheld that can also be played on the TV.

thuway

LOL. But the game is playable, right?

Who cares? Why should we care?
Because this is a technical example of what to expect in future Japanese PS4 to Switch to Vita conversions. If you aren't interested you shouldn't barge in here and mock the science.

Guymelef

Rncewind

Are you kidding me? It's a handheld that can also be played on the TV.

So ok first off you can direct your "are you kidding me" elsewhere because nintendo themself said its in first a homeconsole, so stop describing me producuts and for what its intended better then company that produce it, thank you

second off what has your remark to do with that the hardware is console priced AND the games too?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

It's replacing the Wii U and getting ports of Wii U games as well as other console games. It's getting console controllers, an arcade stick, and paid online. It's a console that you can take with you in portable form.

LordKano

Because this is a technical example of what to expect in future Japanese PS4 to Switch to Vita conversions. If you aren't interested you shouldn't barge in here and mock the science.

I don't think so. It's just a rushed port for release. That happens at every single launch without exception. Just look at how awful Dynasty Warriors 8 looked at PS4's release.

itsFizz

I think the only chance for that to happen would be if Sony made a portable DL/pc transfer only 200$ PS4. That way they wouldn´t have to "care" about that specific system as all PS4 games would run on it. However that is a pipedream and won´t happen due to technical limitations.

OT: It really does look extraordinarily bad. Of course switch exclusives will look way better but for most multiplat games I think we can assume severe downgrades (maybe not as bad as this one).

It's replacing the Wii U and getting ports of Wii U games as well as other console games. It's getting console controllers, an arcade stick, and paid online. It's a console that you can take with you in portable form.

PSP got PS2 games, didn't make it a console. 3ds got Wii U ports as well.

So ok first off you can direct your "are you kidding me" elsewhere because nintendo themself said its in first a homeconsole, so stop describing me producuts and for what its intended better then company that produce it, thank you
I don't have to read marketing slides to see what this is from a technical point of view.

Nerazar

Better performing? Not at this size and the price or the battery power.

But if they neglect price and battery, they might put that device into the market. But if people are not happy about the 3+ hours of battery life on the Switch, the same people should be outraged about the performance of the imaginary Vita 2.

The Hermit

Summary of the thread is that Switch hw is worst than PS2 one, right?
And that UE4 games aren't a prominent reality for Japanese developers too.
And that MK8Deluxe runs on PS4.

Am I forgetting something?

Lol

My faith in GAF have never been lower. A few years ago this thread would be filled with " no shit probably" and 2 pages long.

zoukka

I don't have to read marketing slides to see what this is from a technical point of view.

You do need facts thought. Switch can be used as a portable device. That's where the similarities with 3DS begin and end.

Of course this is something that could change in the future if Nintendo decides to kill the DS hardware line.

Oregano

You do need facts thought. DS can be used as a portable device. That's where the similarities with GBA begin and end.

Of course this is something that could change in the future if Nintendo decides to kill the Gameboy hardware line.

Rncewind

You also want it to be a PS4 Pro, so cool for you I guess?

Where i did say that? please stop making stuff up

But hey Iget it, Nintendo, launching a 250 $ Handheld and being in forced to price cutting in immeadilty and saying they are not gonna repeat that mistake are launching an new primalrly handheld with docked mode for 300 $, 60 $ games and paid online and decide to tell people its a homeconsole first because for the lulz, its allright

carry on with your "arguments" its enough for me here lol

Oregano

The 3DS is about to turn six years old.

When is its successor being announced then?

Or do you think Nintendo is going to continue supporting it forever?

Where i did say that? please stop making stuff up

But hey Iget it, Nintendo, launching a 250 $ Handheld and being in forced to price cutting in immeadilty and saying they are not gonna repeat that mistake are launching an new primalrly handheld with docked mode for 300 $, 60 $ games and paid online and decide to tell people its a homeconsole first because for the lulz, its allright

carry on with your "arguments" its enough for me here lol

Man your spelling got really bad, you're seriously mad at this point, ain't you?

Handhelds don't receive enhanced ports of console games.
Depends on what you call an enhanced port. Content? There are several examples of this happening or happen in the past. Like Monster Hunter (PS2) > Monster Hunter Portable (PSP)
Graphics? Yeah, this hasn't happened on the handheld space yet. But the Wii U was so weak, mobile caught up.

Mokujin

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

Fry gets it.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Man doing that on a big scale is probably very time consuming and difficult for devs.

This is like a demaster.

Devs nowadays are required to make games ranging from Switch all the way to Scorpio,Pro and PC.

What a nightmare.
Welcome to PC game development since.. ever.

XandBosch

I still say this is just a bad example/bad port. Look at Mario (which is heavily rumoured to be done, just delayed for economic reasons), look at Zelda, Steep was briefly shown, etc. Explain how this not-so-demanding game would look this much worse if not just due to a bad port like we get with every system launch.

Switch is the successor to both.

I can agree with this.

Like I said it's possible for Nintendo to merge the two console lines, but for now nothing points towards it. There are literally zero games that indicated 3DS developers transferring to Switch development so far.
Like I said it's like the GBA/DS situation. Should the Switch be a success, see less and less support for the 3ds coming.

Top Bottom