• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

Kanann

Seem Switch can pull 60fps DQX guys, sorry for misleading.

But of course, it will drop hard in packed area.

You all can kick me hard.

muu

Stopped just before end of 2.5 last time. Does dqx still require a vpn to play? What’s the best way to do this on the switch?

Aeana

It still requires a VPN, yes. The way I do it is to connect to the VPN on my PC, and then use Windows 10's hostednetwork feature to make a hotspot that shares the VPN'd connection for my Switch to connect to. This is great because you only need one wireless device, when you used to need two.

Guide for the hostednetwork part here

The only thing it doesn't make clear is that the connection you share with the hosted network should be the one created by the VPN, not your normal internet connection.

muu

Awesome, I’ll take a look. Is there a list of any kind of vpns that work? Should I avoid locking myself into one in case they get banned?

Got the heads up that they’re releasing my house for sale on 10/1 so I’d like to get in before then.

Aeana

I personally use an Amazon AWS instance in the Tokyo region with OpenVPN installed on it. But for a free option, I think softether is well liked.

Caim

Awesome, I’ll take a look. Is there a list of any kind of vpns that work? Should I avoid locking myself into one in case they get banned?

Got the heads up that they’re releasing my house for sale on 10/1 so I’d like to get in before then.

AWS seems to be one of the best options, I've just been using SoftEther for now.

extralite

The performance boost in the Switch version is really nice. The frame rate went from painful on Wii to just bearable on Wii U to super smooth on Switch (well except in crowded areas but then it still matches the best Wii U fps). This especially benefits battles, the game always had great animations for the enemies but seeing those animate so smoothly really is a treat for the eyes. Draw distance seems better too, less pop in, better textures, better lighting.

For some reason the Switch version won't let me take screenshots (the Switch OS ones, in game photos work as expected). Apparently they plan to allow it at a later point but it still sucks that it is disabled. I'm guessing PS4 allows screenshot and video capture everywhere?

Login is slow because it loads a webpage for that. Wii and Wii U had their own menus for the login that didn't need to be externally loaded. The password isn't saved and has to be input every time. They said they will fix this too but for now it's a bit annoying.

Shouta

So I guess no one is around anymore?

I'm looking forward to 4.0 though I'm actually out of time in early November until I pick up more crysta.

Top Bottom