• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown PS4 leaked?

This is what I wanted when I bought the Odin Sphere remake a few weeks back.

Damnit, I'll end up picking this one up too. Never finished it on PS3 but wanted it to come over from day one of using my PS4.

damn I knew it would turn up during TGS, thats why they pulled it down from PSN again!

This is my favorit game the last say 5 years, put in 300 hours into the Vita version. Unfortunately the fps couldent handle all the end content in Tower of mirage

aaaand I recently sold my ps4 and vita (hence loosing my save files) to prepare for a xbox one x. But if this game comes out in native 4k, some added content and a healthy online player base I will seriously just get a ps4 pro instead of xbox. That is how much I loved this game

What do you guys think about resolutions? Will Ps4 base model be a 1080p 60fps and Ps4 pro 4k 60fps? What to expect? How did odins sphere perform on the pro?

febLey

Shit, bought it on PS3 recently, but haven't started it yet.
I think I'm going to wait for the PS4 version.

ffvorax

damn I knew it would turn up during TGS, thats why they pulled it down from PSN again!

This is my favorit game the last say 5 years, put in 300 hours into the Vita version. Unfortunately the fps couldent handle all the end content in Tower of mirage

aaaand I recently sold my ps4 and vita (hence loosing my save files) to prepare for a xbox one x. But if this game comes out in native 4k, some added content and a healthy online player base I will seriously just get a ps4 pro instead of xbox. That is how much I loved this game

What do you guys think about resolutions? Will Ps4 base model be a 1080p 60fps and Ps4 pro 4k 60fps? What to expect? How did odins sphere perform on the pro?

I say it will be 4K 60fps (at the worst 30fps) on PSpro with no doubt.
But do you really want to buy again a PS4 just for one game that you already played? I say think about why you sold the Sony consoles for an xbox first...
But if you do it, consider that with the PSpro you can in the future take also a PSVR with it...

Well, technically it was. They released a new trailer for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAMZ_sjDMvY

But said trailer is highly similar to the debut TGS 2015 trailer.

Atlus's new habit this gen of subtitling 9+ month old TGS trailers as "E3 Trailers" is only getting sadder and sadder each time.

Feels like ever since Index went bankrupt, Atlus JP and Atlus USA have become less and less coordinated in their efforts.

baconcow

Played well over 100 hours on the Vita and loved every minute. But, I wanted it at full 60 fps, which the Vita could not even get close to. Most of the intense moments were marred with slowdown, but I still loved it. Will be picking this up early.

Espada

13 Sentinels renamed Dragon's Crown Pro? :p

Man, where the hell is 13 Sentinels!? It took years for us to get that ho hum trailer at E3 this year, and we don't even know when we'll hear any more about it. That's the first Vanillaware title that I'm not automatically excited for, it's a little too grey.

Great news about Dragon's Crown, though. If they do what they did Odin Sphere, this is going to be awesome. I still remember the nice post-release support the game had for quite some time after. My guess is that this, like the upcoming Okami HD, is going to be in 4K. The original was already 1080p if I remember correctly.

Freeman76

I couldn't keep up with where I was on the screen which made this pretty frustrating. I paid £35 for it on Vita and felt it was wasted, would probably be a lot easier on the big screen but no way Im paying again. Great for all you fans though.

Man, where the hell is 13 Sentinels!? It took years for us to get that ho hum trailer at E3 this year, and we don't even know when we'll hear any more about it. That's the first Vanillaware title that I'm not automatically excited for, it's a little too grey.

Great news about Dragon's Crown, though. If they do what they did Odin Sphere, this is going to be awesome. I still remember the nice post-release support the game had for quite some time after. My guess is that this, like the upcoming Okami HD, is going to be in 4K. The original was already 1080p if I remember correctly.

nope ps3 version was 720p, so going to 4k would be quite a step :D

Espada

nope ps3 version was 720p, so going to 4k would be quite a step :D

Wow, PS3 version was only 720p? I thought there was a bigger gap between that version and the Vita one. In that case, it's definitely going to get the Leifthrasir treatment most likely (1080p@60).

Maybe we'll get more dungeons or playable characters in DC Pro?

Shin

Banned
Yeah baby yeah!
Just woke up and read about this on Silliconera, so damn happy!
Double dippling, please be 4k.

Aren't the sprites in Dragon's Crown like double the resolution they are in game? I think they are natively 4K.

I will buy this because I love Dragon's Crown. I think it'll probably just be a port. Odin's Sphere really needed a remake in its gameplay, Dragon's Crown doesn't at all.

Shin

Banned
Man how I wish they would release Muramasa Rebirth also then the trio would be complete (though Vanilla got a lot of other games I'd want as well).
Either way I hope this news turns out to be true, when does TGS start again and the first conferences are to be held, 19th?

Noll

Neo Member
Ouch, I don't own a PS4 nor a PS4 pro... nor a TV... But I really want to play this game...

Might have to start considering getting a PS4 + TV...

Klart

make it free for original ps3 DC owner (like what sony did for journey) and i'd play it

will never happen

there was no cross buy between ps3/vita for DC & no cross buy for vita/ps4 for leifthrasir so no way it will have now

I will gladly pay again for this masterpiece

Egida

Neo Member
Great news, but I've played PS3 and Vita versions to death, so if there's not a new character I think I'll pass or wait for sales.
Maybe a more agile warrior with a bowgun and sword?

Jacob4815

Dragon's Crown PS3 and Vita was removed from the EURO PS Store a year ago.. and it never returned.

I hope that this PS4 version will be available in Europe...

amazing. i hope it's not a straight port but with new modes and new classes.

the art was always great, i think we there is a good chance for more of it, and new chapters like muramasa.

another goty incoming.

Top Bottom